Trial results were fairly abysmal. Please, I need an estimate. (1 Viewer)

BornToHula

HSC
N/A
I've got final rankings in a couple of subjects now, and I have raw marks for others, so if possible, I need a few opinions on how I'm doing. I'm aiming for an atar of 88-90. My school is ranked ~55-70th.

So here are raw marks and approximated rankings.

English Adv - 83% (26/171)
English Ext 1 - ~77% (20/41)
English Ext 2 - no idea - (2/9)
Modern History - 71% - (~30/57)
Business Studies - 71% - (~30/67)
Music 1 - ~85% - (1/7)
Drama - 84% - (~15/28)

The raw marks can be improved on, as I actually bombed my business studies trial :( so having done that I've become really, really worried. I know what I need to do, but with my rankings, what are my chances of reaching my goal?

tambam

HSC
People need to stop turning to bos for a false sense of security/comfort.

But cos you need it,
Yes of course you can get 90, just ace the externals!

enoilgam

HSC
Your looking at about 83-85 at the moment. If you want 88-90, you need to do extremely well in the externals (easier said than done).

BornToHula

HSC
N/A
No, but of the 210 people in our grade I'd say around 40-50, but I don't think we're given that info.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I don't get how those marks could be considered abysmal.

tambam

HSC
Do you any idea what your overall internal rank would be?
This wouldn't mean much, since OP is basically median for everything except for subjects with very little people, and overall internal rank wouldn't take into account any subject scaling.

BornToHula

HSC
N/A
They're raw marks. All my trial marks were between 63-83ish. I'm planning to ace externals, so I hope it's enough. I was mortified when I got Business back cause I got around half marks in multiple choice & short answers, and it wasn't until I got my essays back that I was brought up, because I pretty much aced the essays. I ended up getting the average for the cohort, but it was a shock.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
is this out of the ordinary? if so, you will most likely reach your aim.

m8 i got 60 in my chemistry trials when i was in year 12 and ended up with a band 5
go figure

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
People need to stop turning to bos for a false sense of security/comfort.

But cos you need it,
Yes of course you can get 90, just ace the externals!
Security and comfort is good, even though most atar estimates on here are FULL OF SHIT. And I agree with the above statement...with a decent bit of effort, you can ace the external hsc exam and easily get above 90. If you were aiming for 99+ your internal ranks might have been a problem...but seeing as you're not...should be a piece of cake :) GOOD LUUUUUUUCK!

Skriker

HSC
They're raw marks. All my trial marks were between 63-83ish. I'm planning to ace externals, so I hope it's enough. I was mortified when I got Business back cause I got around half marks in multiple choice & short answers, and it wasn't until I got my essays back that I was brought up, because I pretty much aced the essays. I ended up getting the average for the cohort, but it was a shock.
Oh what was the average? I got like 60 in business as my raw mark, do you now how the scaling works? Because teachers said they will also be scaling marks because I am too shocked about business and im managed to be ranked like 30/65 which I guess is okish compared to others and the average was like 55 haha

BornToHula

HSC
N/A
I'm in the exact same situation. The average was high 50s I think.

tambam

HSC
Security and comfort is good, even though most atar estimates on here are FULL OF SHIT.
+1
Hence the false sense of security. Like i've read people who've asked for estimates and then they go, 'Wow really? Thank you so much! I don't have to try so hard now'.

And yeah, i think people underestimate the difficulty of 'acing hsc'.
Like if you're only average at an average ranked school, how do you expect to compare against the rest of the state and suddenly do extraordinarily well...

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
+1
Hence the false sense of security. Like i've read people who've asked for estimates and then they go, 'Wow really? Thank you so much! I don't have to try so hard now'.

And yeah, i think people underestimate the difficulty of 'acing hsc'.
Like if you're only average at an average ranked school, how do you expect to compare against the rest of the state and suddenly do extraordinarily well...
50-60 isn't an average ranked school. And the state is "full of retards" (no offence)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)