Travelling abroad (1 Viewer)

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
THE NETHERLANDS, england, DENMARK, sweden, norway, germany, france, italy, scotland, switzerland, greece (islands and mainland also), turkey, hong kong, singapore, kuala lumpur, bali

elisabeth

HSC
Lived in London for 5 years.

Been briefly to Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore & the Netherlands

Visited Switzerland, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Spain & Greece

Been to France, Germany & Austria many times.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
elisabeth said:
Visited Switzerland, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Spain & Greece

Been to France, Germany & Austria many times.
I envy you :rolleyes:

HSC
never left the country. but when i finish school im going on a full europe part asia ans part afrika working holiday. i dont know what ill be working as though....................

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
i've been to nz (dec 98/jan 99), chile and peru (july 03) <<<< OMG OVER 18 MONTHS AGO!! seems like yesterday!<< and new caledonia (april 04). I'm having a gap year and i'm telling anyone that will listen (and those that don't want to) my plans to go to vietnam, thailand, cambodia, uk + europe, which will hopefully come about between july and october this year.

in aus, i've done most of nsw, vic, tas and a bit of qld.

Last edited:

dave_119

Banned
HSC
good luck with getting into cambodia, not the easiest of places to get into.. really strict if u dont have any intentions, book all ur accomodation b4 u get into the country, so at least they no u have residence, and watch out for kidnappers

HSC
well in 1994 i went to alot of places

- paris
- london
- san diago
- disneyland
- universal studios
- L.A
- germany (only the airport lol)

and in 5th grade i won a trip for my family to singapore for a week and tickets to some festival lol.

i wanna go back to paris...and i wanna go to las vegas, N.Y and italy too

love travel :D

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
LIved in London for 3 years as a child, lived in sherborne, in dorset england all of last year on GAP year.
Been to America once, to LA
Singapore
Germany - 6 week exchange to stuttgart in yr 12, then visited them last year, and spent a week in munich and the rhein valley
France - Been to paris 3 times, as well as corsica, french island
Italy- went to sardinia an italian island, and rome and vatican
Spain - been to barcelona twice and bilbao also
Belgium -stopped at a servo there
The netherlands - Amsterdam
Austria - vienna
Czech republic - went to praha
Iceland - went to rekjivik?!?! cant spell it
Scotland - spent lots of time there
Ireland - went there once
Wales - went there a couple of times

I also toured europe as a baby on top of this, but have absolutely no memory of it as i was only 6 weeks old!

dave_119

Banned
HSC
Courtenay said:
LIved in London for 3 years as a child, lived in sherborne, in dorset england all of last year on GAP year.
Been to America once, to LA
Singapore
Germany - 6 week exchange to stuttgart in yr 12, then visited them last year, and spent a week in munich and the rhein valley
France - Been to paris 3 times, as well as corsica, french island
Italy- went to sardinia an italian island, and rome and vatican
Spain - been to barcelona twice and bilbao also
Belgium -stopped at a servo there
The netherlands - Amsterdam
Austria - vienna
Czech republic - went to praha
Iceland - went to rekjivik?!?! cant spell it
Scotland - spent lots of time there
Ireland - went there once
Wales - went there a couple of times

I also toured europe as a baby on top of this, but have absolutely no memory of it as i was only 6 weeks old!
yeah most people just posted that they went 2 the country, not where they went, otherwise post about canada and usa woiuld take forever and europe/asia

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
dave_119 said:
yeah most people just posted that they went 2 the country, not where they went, otherwise post about canada and usa woiuld take forever and europe/asia
Point being?

I am very lucky and i do appreciate that i am well travelled and that i have had such great oppurtunities to see the world. And that my parents let me go away all on my lonesome for a year..

HSC
i've been to england, scotland, wales, mexico, america, new zealand, fiji, japan, guam, hawaii (although that counts as the usa) and vanuatu, although they were pretty much all when i was younger so i don't remember a lot.

although i went to the states and mexico again in november/december instead of schoolies, it was awesome.

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
dave_119 said:
good luck with getting into cambodia, not the easiest of places to get into.. really strict if u dont have any intentions, book all ur accomodation b4 u get into the country, so at least they no u have residence, and watch out for kidnappers
yeah thanx for the concern. I'm planning to go with geckos adventures for the Asian countries. Its sort of like contiki package deals - accom, meals and sightseeing included. Because i'm with a group i guess i'll be all right. The company should organise all the visas and stuff beforehand. For all the highlights of Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam in 19 days for $1995 sounds pretty good, but i hope its just good value and not skimping on security!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Those countries are fairly cheap to go to anyway so it will probably be good... I'm sure you will have an awesome time, I loved Vietnam and I would love to go back and do Cambodia and Thailand.

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
I've done a bit of travel...

I lived in the Peruvian Andes for 2 yrs. It was the best time of my life! :D:D. Other places I've been to include
-The US; L.A (about 5 times) and Miami
-Chile; Santiago, Vina del Mar
-Easter Island (Chile)
-Tahiti
-New Zealand; almost everywhere except Dunedin + Invercargill
-Brazil; Sao Paulo
-South Africa; Joberg, Cape Town, Durban
-Swaziland; Mbabane (hahahahahahaha, it's the smallest country! we drove throught it in a day)
-England; London, Cambridge, Windsor
-Singapore
-Canada; Vancouver, Victoria, Kamloops

That's all so far. I looOOOoove travel, so I'll prolly be out there exploring the world again sometime soon

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i've never been to canada but i'm planning on an exchange there next year for uni and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what toronto, edmonton and montreal are like since they're my preferences. i know it'll all be general but why did you like/not like any of them etc. thanks heaps !

HSC
i want to do a uni exchange to a place in ontario called london, it's kinda near toronto. from what i've heard, toronto has great shopping and is beautiful but is cold as fuck, edmonton is in the middle of nowhere and kind of isolated, and montreal is supposed to be awesome but a lot of people there exclusively speak french. which could be a bit of trouble if you don't know the language.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
yeh, i heard that too. which university is on london ? another i'm kinda thinking about is queen's university in kingston, ontario but i think maybe i should stick to a major city. which uni do you go to ? i'm at unsw and i think their exchange process is one of the easier ones cause you don't have to maintain a credit average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)