Transfer Q's (1 Viewer)

hey, I was reading all the advice you guys were giving and I was wondering whether it also applies to UWA? (univeristy of Western Australia cuz I'm going there)

I think USyd and UWA would have like the same standards ... but i remember someone saying that they dont consider your TER (UAI) mark for transfers .. only the grades you get in uni.

I wanted to transfer from ARTS/COMMERCE into either LAW/COMMERCE or LAW/ARTS ... the cut off last year 97.85 ... but in the previous years it was 98.1

I got a TER of 96.75 for yr 12 ... do you reckon that would help?

thanx

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
well, definatley, of course it will help.....i dont think its that much different, although u have to check by ringing the unis over there

dead prez

NRSL requirements higher? as compared to UAI?
so how would that Law at Sydney thing work?

mid 99s compared to 96.5 ? what the

okay more specifically would the NRSL mark be higher than 98 for Arts (media and communication) at USYD?

and can they take into account other things in the same way as the flexible entry scheme? It says no...but can you go pay them a visit? would it be worth it?

cos UTS accepts a personal statement for 'bonus points'

santaslayer

HSC
NRSL requirements are usually lower........
u have to check wif the uni about the NRSL for arts.so go phone them

lilp

hey, im doing a b.arts/b.commerce at usyd and i was wondering what it would take for me to get into b.pharmacy at usyd??? my uai was 95.45 and i dont know the 2004 cutoff for b.pharm...my problem is that the subjects im doing in arts/commerce are totally unrelated to subjects taken in the b.pharm course however i did chem, physics in highschool...so will a credit ave in a course thats totally unrelated to pharmacy be sufficient to be accepted??? also can i transfer midsemester or do i have to wait till next yr, when the uai will rise again :(

any help would be great!!! :D coz im really starting to stress...

santaslayer

HSC
how did u get into arts/LLB with that uai?.....or did u pay?

ehhh..for u to get into pharmacy u will need additional selection criterea to be fullfilled.....check with uac book

transfer midsemester, but is rare.........more usually afta 2nd semester

u will just have to start from year one of pharmacy...u cannot get any advance standing for hsc courses.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
my boyfriend was accepted into B Pharmacy at New South but ended up moving away to do international relations. I still don't see the relationship...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Ms 12
..ended up moving away to do international relations. I still don't see the relationship...
lol..nice pun (or whatever)

..ok not funny

dead prez

can someone make (or point me in the direction of) an FAQ for Transfer Questions

everything from NRSL, GPA, UAI etc.etc.

then sticky that

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by dead prez
can someone make (or point me in the direction of) an FAQ for Transfer Questions

everything from NRSL, GPA, UAI etc.etc.

then sticky that
eh..........this is stickied?
this is the thread to post ur questions or look at past cases of transfer questions relating to gpa blah blah...

btw, this is my thread. :D :D :D :D :D :D

dead prez

ok i'm confused. I asked about the NRSL cutof for media & comm at usyd and they said it was the same as the uai.

why is the law one different?

in which cases is it different?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hey thanks laz for the link to calculate the GPA.. but how do you convert the GPA to the thing you average your UAI with?

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
hey thanks laz for the link to calculate the GPA.. but how do you convert the GPA to the thing you average your UAI with?
GPA+UAI/2= NRSL "UAI" :)

dead prez

they told me the NRSL cutoff for this year for arts (media and comm) was the same as the UAI...

is this some official response because they don't like the cutoffs published?

or does this just apply to arts?

and ok...is jurisprudence somewhat equivalent to legal history? i tend to think so..i just think ours is more impractical somewhat

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by santaslayer
GPA+UAI/2= NRSL "UAI" :)
eh, its a bit more complicated than that
your GPA is converted into a selection rank based on the table given in the PDF file below (page 15)
ie, a GPA of exactly 6.0 (which is exactly a distinction average) equates to a selection rank of 96, which can then be averaged with your UAI to give you a NRSL score

http://www.scu.edu.au/admin/stuadmin/findyourplace/find7.pdf

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yeh yeh, how do you convert GPA to the selection rank though?

dead prez

and does that mean a Distinction is worth the same at all uni s?

not a distinction at syd is worth something else somewhere else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)