Transfer Q's (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
hahaha......exactly what i was telling that william guy but he didnt care...lol
yeah- well maybe he should go ahead wif it...but do it as a double degree...so he has something to fall back on if he doesn't get a job.

T

Tyler

Transfer?

I was wondering if anyone knew how hard it is to transfer from degrees in uni, eg- arts to law
What is required to be able to transfer?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I think you require a minimum of a credit average in your previous degree and then you still have to be good enough for a spot in the course.

alman

i think it differs everywhere

i believe: uai95+ and a distinction average - at the very least..this is at sydney...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Tyler
I was wondering if anyone knew how hard it is to transfer from degrees in uni, eg- arts to law
What is required to be able to transfer?
contact the faculty that you wish to transfer into, they will be able to tell you of any criterea you need to fufill

you will need a damn good GPA...

apparently what they do (according to minai) is average your GPA and UAI

so say you had a UAI of 80, and a converted GPA of 96 (i think that is straight D's)
(80+96)/2
=88

if thats good enough to get into your course and you meet any additional criterea, you should get in...keep in mind the cutoff for NRSL can vary from RSL's.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Hey Minai, I'm currently doing a BSc at Sydney, and I want to do the Graduate Medicine course at Usyd after the 3 years Bachelors. My UAI was only 88.35, what would your advice be for that?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You obviously need to do as well as you possibly can in your undergraduate degree (a successful honours year would all but guarantee you entry).

You should also contact the university directly for more relevant information.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I was just more so curious to see if they had some sort of a UAI cutoff for the graduate medicine program. If so, then I'll be practically fooked.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
If they take your UAI into account, it would be weighted less than your university results.

As I said, you should contact the university directly - we actually don't have all the data. :)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Thanks for your help.

PS I live in Narrabeen too. :)

MrA

Originally posted by Lazarus
You obviously need to do as well as you possibly can in your undergraduate degree (a successful honours year would all but guarantee you entry).
for med? what do u mean?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)