Transfer Q's (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Minai
a GPA of 6.5 or over equates to a selection rank of 99.5
there is a document about this floating around somewhere
u mean in this site? can someone plz possibly point me in the right direction to the file /thread plz?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
hey laz u do law dont u?.....what did u think of first year law? ie. did u think it was hard?
If you're good with problem solving and critical thinking, it's not impossibly difficult. I found the most challenging obstacle in first-year to be the fact that I'd never done anything like it before.

u mean in this site? can someone plz possibly point me in the right direction to the file /thread plz?
http://www.scu.edu.au/admin/stuadmin/findyourplace/find7.pdf

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
Re: Re: Transfer Q's

As a guide, the Non recent school leaver rank for Law at Sydney Uni this year was 96.50 - this means that one's UAI and GPA must average out to 96.50. (note, a GPA of 6.0..distinction average..equates to a selection rank of 96). So if a student had a UAI of 97 and a GPA of 6.0, they would just make the cutoff to transfer
Minai, a quick question. I got a UAI of 97.40 and am doing Bcom/LLB at macq. I want to transfer to either UNSW or Usyd. With macq's different GPA system (only going up to 4), how does it work then? I'm not doomed from the start am I? I also heard that at macq, an HD doesn't help your GPA any more than a D, which would be sooo irritating...

argh i think i should see what the macq people say (can't expect you to know the workings of macq!)

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Re: Re: Transfer Q's

Originally posted by golfstick
Minai, a quick question. I got a UAI of 97.40 and am doing Bcom/LLB at macq. I want to transfer to either UNSW or Usyd. With macq's different GPA system (only going up to 4), how does it work then? I'm not doomed from the start am I? I also heard that at macq, an HD doesn't help your GPA any more than a D, which would be sooo irritating...

argh i think i should see what the macq people say (can't expect you to know the workings of macq!)
Actually, the MACQ system is only used for internal transfer's
if you transfer to another uni, you'll be using the UAC system, as detailed in the document that Laz has posted above (from the SCU site)

HSC
N/A
transfering to another uni...

what's the process for transfering unis?? do I have to meet special requirements or something??

HSC
N/A
uhhh...you'll probably have to apply as a mature age student where they don't look at your UAI...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
contact the faculty of the institution which you wish to attend, they will be able to tell you of any special requirements
you will need to apply as a non recent school leaver through UAC in august/september
they usually look at a combination of your UAI and first years converted gpa
for example, if you had a D average, that equates to a 96 UAI (i think)...and if you had a UAI of 80, this is what they do
(96+80)/2
=88

if this is above the NRSL cutoff, and there are no additional criterea, you will get into your course.

ps, minai explained this to me, so maybe if you want clarification, he would be a good place to start

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by natstar
I want to transfer to Newcastle after 1st year at UWS. The lady at UAC said I needed at least a credit average, but I think they may look at UAI too, but I dont know about it cuz isent the uai only valid for 2 years????? I deffered last year so i dont know what the case is for me. Any1 wana advise me?
I have got some information you might want to know about the Business degree at Newcastle University. I remember you asking me about a month ago whether it is possible to transfer after the end of the first semester. Well, during the talk Business/Economics information session that I attended, we were told that it is possible:).

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Dingo2004
hahahah im doing engineering..
*looks at signature* :confused:

...And seriously, universities and prospective students can't exactly expect that advice given by 2nd or 3rd year students should be taken with greater seriousness than official advice from the institutions themselves...even though most of them don't know what they are talking about anyway...
well i find that advice from current students are way more helpful than "official advice"- and of course, u do clarify important info. with the uni. if its important.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
*looks at signature* :confused:
That was his late round offer at UTS, which he was going to take but then changed his mind and took his main round offer:).

santaslayer

HSC
he wants to do sum space enginerring.....lol, he reckons his gonna work for NASA...hahaha

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
ahh...so what engineering was it?
I can't remember, you will have to ask him:).

he wants to do sum space enginerring.....lol, he reckons his gonna work for NASA...hahaha
I used to want to do that but then I realised:

1. It is out in the desert somewhere;
2. I would probably never get employed there:(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)