Transfer Q's (1 Viewer)

Roguey

HSC
If anyone is interested, I ended up emailing the UAC Enquiries and the reply I recieved said that 7 units will count as a full year of study.

trickx

HSC
What happens if im doing a double degree of comm/law and want to transfer out into another institution and do just commerce? do they count the results of my law units? cos if they do, im fucked.

Last edited:

Andi0390

HSC
For transfer they count everything you do to form your GPA. You GPA is used for entrance if you have done a year (or equivalent) full time study. It doesn't matter if its from an english unit, physics unit - whatever. A grade is a grade.

mikey1

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone,

I'm 21 so im a mature age student, I want to transfer into a course which has a 85 "ATAR" at UTS.

I have a horrendous UAI, lower than 50.., but a 6.00 GPA after 4 subjects and im taking 5 subjects this semester to increase chances.

Do I need to take it up to a HD average to transfer ?, if anyone can let me know what to do, that would be great thanks.</SPAN>

brad616

HSC
i have a friend who got a uai of 53 and goes to la trobe university doing business. The weird thing is shes already gotten 2 credit averages and 2 distinctions in first semester even after she got such a low uai..shes also getting great results in 2nd semester aswell.

Shes put in a transfer to uts business in 2005 what do you people think will be her chances? She is trying so hard and she thinks she has no hope of transfering to b business at uts ..do you people think she has a chance?
she definately has a very good chance

Roga

HSC
If I was eligible for EAS, will it carryover for when I next apply?

fukc

HSC
i have question , im doing my hsc this year andi want to get into Civil engineering at UTS but cut off is kind of high , i was thinking of going to another uni with a lower cut off and then transferring . is it as easy as it sounds ? what do i need to do and how long do i have to stay before i transfer . its so confusing lol

HSC
Hey Guys,
I want to transfer within Usyd. Im currently doing my first year of a BA, because I was not sure which career I wwanted to follow, but I have had my heart on education for a while now. I did the history/english units necessary for the arts part of the combined BA/edu degree. I want to stay at Usyd.

So questions:

-How do I apply, still through UAC?

-Will they count the arts subjects that I did.. and what does that mean for me next year? Will i be continuing with half arts-edu or will I only be doing education subjects since I have finished the history and english subjects necessary for the first year?

Any help would be great?

Thank you so much.

HSC
If there is no option for internal transferring, then yes, apply through UAC. On time application closes in 3 days (September 30), so quick quick

keviwevi

HSC
hi guys

I'm currently studying at UWS doing a BA. If i were to transfer out, what is the process i need to go through and what kind of mark/gpa would i need in order to get into UNSW's Arts course? My atar was 59.65.

samcase

HSC
Hi everyone

I recently completed a semester at Usyd and I want to get into B Arts (Media) & LLB @ Macquarie.

I've calculated it and I think my GPA is 6.25
My WAM from Usyd being 81.

My ATAR is 92

Macquarie Uni's website says that transferring from another university you will be assessed on 50% ATAR+50% Uni results after a year
OR **
either your ATAR or ONE SEMESTER's worth of Uni result depending on which is higher.

Does anyone know much about this? Would I have a chance of getting into combined law at Macquarie for entry in semester one 2012?

Or would doing a B Arts (Media) course at Macq then an internal transfer be the better option...?

Thanks

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Hi everyone

I recently completed a semester at Usyd and I want to get into B Arts (Media) & LLB @ Macquarie.

I've calculated it and I think my GPA is 6.25
My WAM from Usyd being 81.

My ATAR is 92

Macquarie Uni's website says that transferring from another university you will be assessed on 50% ATAR+50% Uni results after a year
OR **
either your ATAR or ONE SEMESTER's worth of Uni result depending on which is higher.

Does anyone know much about this? Would I have a chance of getting into combined law at Macquarie for entry in semester one 2012?

Or would doing a B Arts (Media) course at Macq then an internal transfer be the better option...?

Thanks
You should be able to get in with your GPA.

anhiee

HSC
Hi everyone,
I'm starting my first year of uni right now, graduated last year with an ATAR of 97.05 and am currently doing a comm/arts degree at UNSW. I want to transfer into physio at usyd, i was wondering if anyone has transferring externally into this course ? and what grades you had to do so ? I called the students admissions office and they said a 6.3 GPA was required... i read that they take into account your ATAR if it was high enough so it would be a 50/50 weighting, but if my ATAR isn't high enough they disregard it.

sydneyitee

HSC
how is everyone finding transferring? i'm a bit worried, everyone already has their own cliques and i'm finding it hard to meet new people and break into social groups :(

probjer

HSC
Hey can anyone shed some light my transfer situation.

I am currently in my first semester of mining engineering at UNSW, and I am hoping to transfer to a different engineering degree within UNSW through UAC for semester 2.

Does anyone have any idea of how much the mid year ATAR cutoffs change for engineering at UNSW. I want to know if it's worth applying through UAC or waiting until the end of the year for the internal transfer program (I'm afraid my WAM won't reach the 65 required).

If it helps I got an ATAR of 90.6 + 2 bonus points for HSC plus. What are my chances?

Thanks.

Last edited:

510markman510

HSC
If i took a dual degree say economics/commerce, and i wasn't sure about one of the degrees is it easy to just drop the one i dont like and continue the other degree unabated?
Also is it possible to just transfer out of one of the dual degrees?

THE BEAST

HSC
N/A
Hi guys.
I am currently studying a Bachelor of Science in Applied chemistry at UTS. I am planning to transfer either through UAC to a Bachelor of Business at UTS or to Usyd or Macquarie for Commerce.
I have also applied through Internal course transfer which is my preferred option to add on the Bachelor of Business at UTS onto my current degree.
My grades are ok I guess but I am a bit worried I wont get in as I have a current WAM of 64 where they recommend a minimum WAM of 65.
Can anybody tell me whether or not I will be allowed in either through UAC or Internally ?
Anyone who has done this previously or something similar to this please help.

Thanks.

clankela

HSC
Hi I completed first year CIVIL @UOW in 2013, now got offer @UNSW through UAC. Just want to know any one who transferred from UOW to UNSW in Engg previously, as 1st year subjects same in all engineering branches, is UNSW will give credit for all 8 subjects we completed at UOW? . The following subjects I completed at UOW, please let me know their equalent at UNSW.

UOW subject
CHEM103 Intro Chemistry For Eng
ENGG101 Foundations Engineering
ENGG153 Engineering Materials
MATH141 Engineering Mathematics
ENGG152 Engineering Mechanics
ENGG154 Eng Design & Innovation
MATH142 Essentials Eng Maths
PHYS143 Physics For Engineers

gdn

HSC
Hi,

I'm a first year Arts/Law student at Macquarie and I've found that law just isn't for me. At all.

I really want to transfer over to Arts/Education, which is what I always wanted to do until my ATAR was higher than expected and I decided to give law a go instead (silly I know).

My ATAR was 97.30, around 15 to 17 points higher than the cut-off for both courses I am considering. My current GPA is 3.0/4.0 and based on my marks so far for this semester, this will either go down a tiny bit or stay where it is.

Would this be competitive for the transfer to Arts/Education at USyd? The answer is probably really obvious, I'm just very lost with the whole thing because I don't know anyone that's done this before. The only people I know that transferred moved to commerce and law, not education. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)