Too many humanities subjects? (1 Viewer)

saraking

HSC
So for year 12 I'm planning to do:
Advanced English, Ancient History, Modern History, Legal Studies, English Extension 1, English Extension 2

Has anyone survived doing all these subjects? Do you think it's too much to take on? Any advice? :confused2:

Last edited:

dim-sims

HSC
Although I don't do all of those, I think you'll be fine as long as you're willing to put in the effort.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
There's never too much of doing the one category of subject in your case being humanities

Just as long as you enjoy doing those subjects and are also good with them then you should be fine :D

lightthefuze

HSC
You'll be fine!
I'm currently doing Ancient, Legal and Business - which all fall under Humanities or HSIE
The HSIE coordinator at my school would love you to bits! :lol:
I was actually planning to do: Ancient, Modern, Society and Culture and Business!

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm sure somebody has done that line of subjects for the hsc, and achieved good results.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I did advanced English, English extension 1, modern, history extension, legal studies, business studies - I dunno, mine was pretty humanities based.

saraking

HSC
How did you find history extension? I might pick that up instead of EE2

greengirl01

HSC
So for year 12 I'm planning to do:
Advanced English, Ancient History, Modern History, Legal Studies, English Extension 1, English Extension 2

Has anyone survived doing all these subjects? Do you think it's too much to take on? Any advice? :confused2:
I'm doing all humanities (in year 12 now) and I don't regret it at all! Although it's not the most all-rounded subject selection, if that's where your interests lie, then go for it. Especially in HSC year you will find lots of your subjects may overlap, like Modern History 'Cold War' and Extension English 'After the bomb', which can be great. Also, skills you learn in one subject can be transferred across to others. The downside is how many essays you have to write and amount of reading. Personally, I dropped Ext. Eng because I couldn't keep up, but give it a try if you want to.

Ancient History is a lot more content heavy than Modern, and Legal is also very content heavy, but defiantly do-able if you are committed. In the end, every subject takes work, so if this is what interests you, then give them a go, you can always drop one or both of the Ext units.
Best of luck with your choices!:)

Verify

HSC
As long as you put the effort and time into ALL your subjects... you should be fine... like in any case.
But since your subjects are extremely content-heavy, make sure you don't slack off half-way through the year, esp. EE2. Know too many people than I should doing EE2 and stressing out like crazy right now because their major work is due in a few weeks and they've barely finished their work, reflection statement etc.

enoilgam

HSC
If your strengths are in the humanities and you think you will do well in them, then go for it.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If you are good at humanities then its worth doing them :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)