To those who do 3 sciences (1 Viewer)

jnney

lemon
HSC
It's not really as difficult as people make it to be. I mean, those who say that taking all science is insane are those who hate it. Lol. You'll coast through prelims if you like science.

tambam

HSC
You are obviously good at business studies and already had background knowledge of how businesses work, that's why it requires less effort for you.

I don't think I've done a single bit of 4U study besides maybe the week before an exam but still manage 90+.
Naah trust me business studies is seriously common sense and I didn't know anything about it beforehand. The only thing that people struggle with is remembering the business syllabus word for word.

Not all subjects are the same difficulty! Isn't that the concept that scaling is based on?

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
No, it's not difficult. The good thing about 3 sciences is that they all link in one way or another. It's kinda exciting. Highly recommended!
wow nice didn't realise you did 3 sciences!

ANYWAY NICE TAYLOR SWIFT

imZerroo

HSC
I don't see how doing three sciences would be any more difficult than say two sciences and modern history for example.
x2

i do 3 sciences and it's not that much of a deal. some people i know changed from bio to business studies or physics from eco/business coz they thought the workload would be too much.. i was like wtf ! in the end, do w.e you think you're good at, you like and you can get marks in.
btw i do ext. 1 math as well, i dont even work THAT hard and i can cope with it...

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
if you enjoy science then it should be fine. Dont do it just for scaling
+1. I can't agree with this more! I know a lot of people who picked physics and chemistry because of the scaling and now regret it. If your better at the written and spoken word, you might like to pick a HSIE subject like Economics, Legal Studies or Modern History.

Saying that, if you like the sciences and ur doing good in 'em, then certainly don't hesitate in selecting them.

Good luck

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Take all three if you want-many have done it

What would be your 12 u
if you have:
2u Adv Eng
3u Maths
2u Physics
2u Chem
2u Bio

That's only 11...so you could take ancient and do 13 in prelim.

danjw

HSC
Doing three sciences was probably the smartest thing I've ever done, the overlap between them is great and it really allows you to view things in a few different ways, same with maths and physics especially when you do the applications of calculus topics.
Do it you won't regret and if you want to drop one drop bio!

It's boring and the amount of content is ridiculous.
Good luck!

stillthinkin

HSC
Think carefully about it. Unless you're doing really well in science atm don't choose all three when you get to year 11 because so many people have romantic notions when they are looking at their abilities, the courses are a lot harder then it is shown to be. But that said if you love science and if you're good at them, then take advantage of the overlap between the subjects and make sure you keep up because once you fall behind your doomed.

Remember that all the assessments come around the same time so be careful about studying for them. It can get really difficult sometimes

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm in yr 10 and considering 3 sciences ... Is it difficult and time consuming, since I am doing Preliminary x1 Maths and 2U English???
Only if you're good at all three. So many people do Bio because they think it's "easy" - it isn't.

singhstah

HSC
I do three sciences, but i'm only in prelim; I definately wont be dropping though. I know two people from my grade other than me who do three sciences AND extension (1) maths, i even know a few kids (from different schools) who do three sciences, extension maths, and extension english! The point is, none of these guys have a problem with doing all three, i personally find it easier than to be doing three completely unrelated subjects.

But, you must at least LIKE science, there is no way you're going to get through it being a person who hates science but does well in it. That's because if you do three sciences, you're obviously going to have a period of science everyday; for me that's okay, 'coz i need my daily science fix (lol).

So, in a nutshell: Doing three science is by no means hard; that being said, it's only an option for those who don't get sick of it easily, it is not enough just to be getting 'good marks'.

suchisluck

HSC
I do 3 sciences and for me its actually quite good since im focusing on one area, which is very prac / report based. it requires an ability to remember formulas but besides that its easy to read up on the night before (not that im recommending that) however other subjects like modern history for example are time consuming as you really have to study and memorise alot of content and write alot of essays, which is the benefit of sciences since the closest thing to an essay is an extended response lol. i do physics, biology, chemistry, drama, maths ext, maths adv and english adv. and to be honest my most time consuming subjects are maths and english. but yeah. just go with what you like cause thats what makes it much easier for you to study for anyway since you enjoy it. :) and like squishy mentioned. they are all related to each other so its really fun linking them together in class.
Good luck!

wendiiee

HSC
I used to do three sciences back in year 11.
Each science was so different so it was never boring.
I never really thought "oh hey, I'm doing 3 sciences omg" throughout the entire year.
I ended up dropping physics because I never learnt anything.
Maths and English are by far the most demanding subjects (especially during HSC) so I would recommend dropping a science when starting Yr 12.
If you are edging towards a Medical career, drop physics, haha. :)

HSC
N/A
I used to do three sciences back in year 11.
Each science was so different so it was never boring.
I never really thought "oh hey, I'm doing 3 sciences omg" throughout the entire year.
I ended up dropping physics because I never learnt anything.
Maths and English are by far the most demanding subjects (especially during HSC) so I would recommend dropping a science when starting Yr 12.
If you are edging towards a Medical career, drop physics, haha. :)
Too late now. TT___TT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)