Tips for Section 1 ? (1 Viewer)

kietkiet

HSC
Anyone got any tips for Section 1 ?

Honestly, some of the questions are stupid as f**k. For example, the book cover question in last year's paper ..... I THOUGHT IT WAS A WINDOW T_T

What are some overall tips ?

And what's the order you guys do the sections in ?
I do 3, 1, 2.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
How come you do 1 first ? Does it refresh your understanding of Belonging or something ?
1) The whole paper usually has a general theme to it running through all 3 sections. Doing short answers first usually gets you into the mind set of that theme, so you can adapt it for your creative/essay.

2) I use the 10 minutes reading time to read through all the texts in short answers, then answer them first whilst they are still in my memory.

Web Addict

HSC
Around how many words should we write for the last part of Section 1? I'm talking about the question that is worth around 6 marks.

SuperMike96

HSC
Around how many words should we write for the last part of Section 1? I'm talking about the question that is worth around 6 marks.
I generally write a page worth. For me that is approximately 200 words.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah good luck niggas. I remember I was doing this paper last year. Damn it stuck my mind! First time I saw Section I, gee nearly shitted myself, I didn't finish it in time. Section II was okay. Section III was easy. Reckon the difficulty was quite the same as my trials (Independent). I got 82/100 for HSC mark (Standard English)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)