Tips for Section 1 ? (1 Viewer)

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
dont loose your shit

But seriously don't spend time in section one waffling irrelevant stuff - get straight to the point so you can maximise time spent on other sections

HSC
1, 3, 2.

I find doing section one gets me into the right frame of mind, and I need as much time as I can for my essay. (It's about 1,600 words eek!) I can always manipulate my short story so it's less wordy.

kietkiet

HSC
Copypasta from HSC memes on Facebook:

Some last minute tips for everyone,

Tips for English paper 1 Section 1.

Can you please share these.

Unseen Text
-All answers must start with a thesis on belonging.
-1 mark questions need a two part sentence (in depth)
-1 mark per technique and analysis
-Don’t use the same technique in the same question.

Ways to answer for Images:
-colour (E.g. Red = passion, anger, hell. Blue = peace, harmony or coldness.)
-Body language and gaze (Facial expressions, gestures, stance or position. Gaze is the direction of the subject’s eyes)
-Background and foreground (easy giveaway techniques that can be used anytime the element in question is in the BG or FG)
-Salience (If the element is the most prominent [in ur face] part of the image, then salience is a technique)

Ways to answer for Transcript (Interview):
-Imagery (any adjective is imagery)
-personal pronoun (I, he, she, they, me him etc. Pick out the pronoun and you have a technique)
-Simile
-metaphor

Ways to answer for fiction extract:
-POV (first or third person is a technique in itself, indicate its effect on belonging)
-Imagery (again adjectives)
-Simile/Metaphor

moocow920

HSC
I do 1,2,3 paper 1 because I usually squeeze in just under time for sections 1 and 2 so I have longer to spend on essay. Did B,C,A for paper 2 in trials and will probably do the same again

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
1, 3, 2.

I find doing section one gets me into the right frame of mind, and I need as much time as I can for my essay. (It's about 1,600 words eek!) I can always manipulate my short story so it's less wordy.
wtf

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
lol 1600 essay hahahahahhahahaha

I could write that in 50 mins, but he'll def get marked down for not being concise enough

my essay is 1080 words
Yea I'm aiming for around the 1100-1150 mark, I'm not a very fast writer though so that might change

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I haven't seen my girlfriend for weeks because of all this writing.

HSC
1) The whole paper usually has a general theme to it running through all 3 sections. Doing short answers first usually gets you into the mind set of that theme, so you can adapt it for your creative/essay.

2) I use the 10 minutes reading time to read through all the texts in short answers, then answer them first whilst they are still in my memory.
+1

lol 1600 essay hahahahahhahahaha

I could write that in 50 mins, but he'll def get marked down for not being concise enough

my essay is 1080 words
lol my memorised belonging essay is only 800 words with one related (I have a backup 200 word paragraph on another ORT in case though)

I can only write ~1000 words in 40 mins

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
+1

lol my memorised belonging essay is only 800 words with one related (I have a backup 200 word paragraph on another ORT in case though)

I can only write ~1000 words in 40 mins

Yeah that's good.

Having 1600 words is like saying to the marker "yeah, mark me down for not being concise" and then, shit, 500 word creative.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
My writing is small, but I still write around the same as average but I end up using less pages, will the hsc markers think that I'm not writing that much or will they recognise that the lack of pages is due to size?

j1mmy_

HSC
Last edited:

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
My writing is small, but I still write around the same as average but I end up using less pages, will the hsc markers think that I'm not writing that much or will they recognise that the lack of pages is due to size?
FUCK that booklet is so small.

But see that booklet sy? We were given a sample response. Their introduction spanned for two pages over that HSC booklet.

Makematics

HSC
I write like 200 per page, and can probs only write 4 pages max in 40 mins :(

kpopism

HSC
I haven't seen my girlfriend for weeks because of all this writing.
i havent seen my tumblr for about a week. . .i feel your pain man

i went into my trials with a set goal, 1 - 3 - 2
then when the the exam started i completely forgot about it and did 1 - 2 - 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)