The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
How so?

I also went to Woolies today (other store) through self-serve, and Credit option was there! Then went to BWS to buy some alco, was there as well! I had a bit of a moment there and told the lady serving how happy I was that it was brought back, she looked at me a really weirdly. Then went to Dick Smith's and it was there as well! Maybe a massive backflip across the company, for the better? Woohoo :)

the way to go

HSC
confirmed for both visa and mastercard?

honestly wouldnt surprise me if it was visa only with paywave being only visa as well...

Clank_

HSC
Yeah credit on debit is back though you still have to input your pin/sign for all purchases. Working last night they were 7 hours short due to the rules about getting weekends off once a fortnight (or something like that). Even with people taking on extra hours I suspect they were there at like 5-6am this morning considering half the store still wasn't filled at 1am...

RE: Christmas casuals; most stores usually just hire casuals for the respective departments a month of so before it. It's how I got my job. The big department stores are mostly the only ones that start hiring this early for Christmas.

nanakid12

HSC
Do they post advertisements regarding christmas casual positions?
They'll advertise them on the career's website. Some stores do post signs a few months before around the store. I applied at the start of November 2008, and had my induction by the end of the month.

Working last night they were 7 hours short due to the rules about getting weekends off once a fortnight (or something like that). Even with people taking on extra hours I suspect they were there at like 5-6am this morning considering half the store still wasn't filled at 1am...
Is that store policy or company policy? I have been told that I've only been going to Saturdays once a fortnight, yet I still get rostered weekly. Had my first Saturday off in like 8 weeks just gone.

I THINK our store is going to enforcing it now, with our new CSM.

:D my mastercard credit on debit card works with paywave :D

so happy now!
thank you woolworths!
That is fantastic. I am looking forward to getting these terminals now.

nanakid12

HSC
I went through and rebooted every single one of our registers tonight, so the customers are going to get a nice surprise tomorrow hopefully. IT can't get up me for that right?

I also noticed that we didn't have a single EDR temporary card left when we had heaps last week. I guess they got sick of too many people using the Temp cards but not registering them?

BSammy

HSC
I also noticed that we didn't have a single EDR temporary card left when we had heaps last week. I guess they got sick of too many people using the Temp cards but not registering them?
There was something about the 'celebrity' on the front cover of it no longer being associated with the EDR programme anymore. They may have chucked them all.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
There was something about the 'celebrity' on the front cover of it no longer being associated with the EDR programme anymore. They may have chucked them all.
So that's why all our pamphlets had the front covers ripped off and only had the single sided barcode page!

I went through and rebooted every single one of our registers tonight, so the customers are going to get a nice surprise tomorrow hopefully. IT can't get up me for that right?
??

Last edited:

the way to go

HSC
yeah we've got a bunch of the pop out cards now and no pamphlets, they had to be disposed of immediately

yeah I'm curious about this restarting surprise too, what surprise were you referring to?

nanakid12

HSC
Ahhh okay. And by suprise, I meant the customers will get a nice suprise cause that they can use Credit on Debit cards (ahead of the upgrade on the 7th). I rebooted all the registers last night, and the operators said the option was appearing on the pinpads for customers, so it definately worked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)