The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
The new bag button is good and they have improved the removal of bags but the new voice is slow and too quiet and when an error comes up on the screen all it says is wait for assistance and you have no idea what the actual problem is and usually there is no problem at all the sco just confuses itself I think.
can you not turn the sound up like on NCR? we have so many old people use ours and they always complain its too quiet, and im like well its actually really loud. lmao...

HSC
Lmao indeed. I find it best to not prepare for interviews, because when the question comes up, you think "oh shit, did i have an answer planned for this one? what is it, what is it? shit shit".

Just answer it as they come, don't plan. Think of a question to ask at the end, I find that always helps.
I turned up to both my interviews in casual coths (even white shoes. (my black school shoes broke that day)) and I got the job, so don't worry. :)
well you may naturally be good at talking... i just like to prepare so i nail the questions... :D

SS-champion

HSC
can you not turn the sound up like on NCR? we have so many old people use ours and they always complain its too quiet, and im like well its actually really loud. lmao...
there is no way to turn the volume up since the upgrade :( ... the button under the screen no longer does anything.

Craven

HSC
Our volume buttons work.

Okay so we've only just got them this week so everyone is still really confused about the cashing up of selfserves. The NCR trainer told us we shouldn't take the dispenser trays etc out to the cash office because they break easily. But our SSS has said we need to take the trays out to the cash office and empty them in there, then fill them in there in the mornings. Is this what your store does? :S Seems like a huge pain in the ass, yes/no?

Also.. HOORAY, they took the screen savers off =D

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Our volume buttons work.

Okay so we've only just got them this week so everyone is still really confused about the cashing up of selfserves. The NCR trainer told us we shouldn't take the dispenser trays etc out to the cash office because they break easily. But our SSS has said we need to take the trays out to the cash office and empty them in there, then fill them in there in the mornings. Is this what your store does? :S Seems like a huge pain in the ass, yes/no?

Haha that is so stupid. We have 2 bags (same as the ones used for change orders on registers) for each sco. A red one for dispensers and blue for acceptors. At the stArt of the day we just go and collect the floats and the keys (all in a blue cool bag) from cash office. At the end of the day the office cashier brings the cool bag down with the keys, bags etc. we empty the cash into each of the bags and stick the signature receipts, cash & sale reports, lanyards, eft reads, keys and take the bag back down to the office. Maybe you should suggest this to you SSS cause his way sounds rediculous.. :p

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Ahh was this just today?

Today was my first shift, and after signing off I looked at the screne and it just displayed the standard blank screen. In training and stuff it had screen savers, even on the operators monitor.

Ha :p

Craven

HSC
Haha that is so stupid. We have 2 bags (same as the ones used for change orders on registers) for each sco. A red one for dispensers and blue for acceptors. At the stArt of the day we just go and collect the floats and the keys (all in a blue cool bag) from cash office. At the end of the day the office cashier brings the cool bag down with the keys, bags etc. we empty the cash into each of the bags and stick the signature receipts, cash & sale reports, lanyards, eft reads, keys and take the bag back down to the office. Maybe you should suggest this to you SSS cause his way sounds rediculous.. :p
I think the idea is he doesn't want cash being handled on the shop floor.. I'm thinking, it's not going to make any difference. I mean we have 2 pencil cases, a huge one for acceptor then a small one for dispenser notes. And I just emptied everything into them on the shop floor but the duty manager was telling me the SSS wanted it done out the back so we took the empty dispenser trays out the back anyways because she was paranoid he would turn up in the morning to check on us (they've been hanging around heaps lately, obviously because we just got the self serve and new registers/service desk and the refurb and all). I see how it might be easier to fill them in the morning out the back... but seems like it will be really easy for people to mistake which SCO the trays came from (don't worry, they are numbered, I checked, lol).

All the new signage has gone up (the new Woolies logo at the front) and all the boards inside.. looks so good now. I said I would take a pic of the new registers (with stainless steel) but I haven't got around to it yet :p

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I think the idea is he doesn't want cash being handled on the shop floor.. I'm thinking, it's not going to make any difference. I mean we have 2 pencil cases, a huge one for acceptor then a small one for dispenser notes. And I just emptied everything into them on the shop floor but the duty manager was telling me the SSS wanted it done out the back so we took the empty dispenser trays out the back anyways because she was paranoid he would turn up in the morning to check on us (they've been hanging around heaps lately, obviously because we just got the self serve and new registers/service desk and the refurb and all). I see how it might be easier to fill them in the morning out the back... but seems like it will be really easy for people to mistake which SCO the trays came from (don't worry, they are numbered, I checked, lol).

All the new signage has gone up (the new Woolies logo at the front) and all the boards inside.. looks so good now. I said I would take a pic of the new registers (with stainless steel) but I haven't got around to it yet :p
Forgive me if I'm wrong but aren't your normal registers spot checked and picked up up the front? Surely doing whatever you do to SS wouldn't be any different and/or less secure than what you normally do on large registers

Or maybe I had too much to drink last night and misread what you siad..i'll check back again in a few hours :p

Harry778

HSC
I am serious about this woolworths radio thing! I DESPERATELY want a list of every song they play. If you have foxtel, would there be anyway to tune into it some how?

SS-champion

HSC
about to head off to last shift with NCR software, sigh...
it is very sad :( my life feels so empty without that NCR lady's voice haha

"Welcome please scan your first item..."
"Thank-you for shopping with the Fresh Food People!!"

She was a lot happier than the new one as you will soon find out!

HSC
I'm preparing for my interview. Rehersing answers for these questions:

Tell me a bit about yourself? - 50 words.

why do you want the job a woolworths? - 40 wordsish.

Why are you suitable for the job? - 35 words

what are your weaknesses? - 40 words.

tell me about your school and your performance at school? - 60 words? - too much?

what's your career objective? 25 words.

Anyone know from past interview experience at woolies, what questions I haven't prepared for? and what are they?
had mine earlier this week, very similar questions. but instead they asked me what i hated about my old job, and what i enjoyed, its fairly simple. just act yourself, don't insult the interviewer and you've got a job.

got an induction day coming up next saturday, anyone have any ideas on how to survive it without going to sleep?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
had mine earlier this week, very similar questions. but instead they asked me what i hated about my old job, and what i enjoyed, its fairly simple. just act yourself, don't insult the interviewer and you've got a job.

got an induction day coming up next saturday, anyone have any ideas on how to survive it without going to sleep?
Just sit there in the knowledge that you are getting paid to be bored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)