The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
it is very sad :( my life feels so empty without that NCR lady's voice haha

"Welcome please scan your first item..."
"Thank-you for shopping with the Fresh Food People!!"

She was a lot happier than the new one as you will soon find out!
there is still a voice isnt there?
people cant read instructions as i found out today - someone was weighing all their produce and she would wait until the voice said to place it into the bagging area EVERY SINGLE time. lmao she was there forever, cause the voice is megaly delayed...

groovygirl

HSC
they already have like last xmas...

by the way serius im still waiting for ur "How not to get fired- sneaky tips on how to bludge at work and look like the model employee"
lol could use wit a little bludging...

lol i almost got fired at my local woolies yesterday. My department manager was mad at me cos i didnt turn up for a shift that i didnt know i was rostered on. i thought i was rostered on thursday and i N/A that cos of the graduation day and then yesterday my manager ruins my yr 12 beach day and calls my whilst on penrith train home from central and asks me why im not at work and i told her i didnt know i was rostered on and that it was my yr 12 beach day anbd i told her i got the days mixed up. then i tried explaining when i got to woolies to double check if i was supposed to work yesterday and now im in deep shit with my manager and i think she may have less respect for me cos i didnt turn up for a shift i didnt know i had. Today at work things and she apologised many times to her. now i have a bad record at woolies. made my last day with my yr 12 friends sad cos i was upset that work is pressuring me and my manager doesnt understand i do need freedom from woolies when i worked 3 days in the weekday more (late shifts) . fuck why do i work at woolies i hate it so much im sick of this job.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
"select cash or other payment type"
"Enter the item's code or lookup item"
"Select from the displayed items or lookup item alphabetically"
"Unexpected item in the bagging area, remove item or touch own bag"
"Item removed from the bagging area, return item to the bagging area before continuing"
"Have you scanned your everyday rewards card?"
"Swipe or insert your card"
"Please take your change, notes are dispensed below the scanner"

Ahhh the good times :p
We were gonna come up with a name for the voice, but we never got round to it :p ahahaha

bdude

HSC
lol i almost got fired at my local woolies yesterday. My department manager was mad at me cos i didnt turn up for a shift that i didnt know i was rostered on. i thought i was rostered on thursday and i N/A that cos of the graduation day and then yesterday my manager ruins my yr 12 beach day and calls my whilst on penrith train home from central and asks me why im not at work and i told her i didnt know i was rostered on and that it was my yr 12 beach day anbd i told her i got the days mixed up. then i tried explaining when i got to woolies to double check if i was supposed to work yesterday and now im in deep shit with my manager and i think she may have less respect for me cos i didnt turn up for a shift i didnt know i had. Today at work things and she apologised many times to her. now i have a bad record at woolies. made my last day with my yr 12 friends sad cos i was upset that work is pressuring me and my manager doesnt understand i do need freedom from woolies when i worked 3 days in the weekday more (late shifts) . fuck why do i work at woolies i hate it so much im sick of this job.
Calm down, It's not the worst thing in the world, I'm sure your manager doesn't hate you becauase you missed a shift.

I've done it before, I just completely forgot I was going to work in the morning and I got a phone call 10 minutes after I was supposed to start asking where I was, but nothing bad happened, I just turned up 15 minutes late.

groovygirl

HSC
yes it is at times it is, my mum says i should record my weekly shifts in a book when its easier to write them on my phone, yeah well i looked on the wrong day my fault but yr 12 celebrations and excursions comes first. the roster text is so tiny lol :p

bdude

HSC
We have post-it notes, so I write my shifts onto a post-it and stick it on the fridge.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Had a breif look at a roster on my first shift yesterday.
Wow it looks so rediculously complicated, it's not funny. I didn't have a god look at it, but it just looks horrible to read from!

HSC
Had a breif look at a roster on my first shift yesterday.
Wow it looks so rediculously complicated, it's not funny. I didn't have a god look at it, but it just looks horrible to read from!
I thought you could view your roster from online? Am I wrong?

groovygirl

HSC
i should do that, why cant she send us the rosters in an email or via facebook instead of reading them off the noticeboard every tuesday

groovygirl

HSC
lol cos most my woolies store has facebook besides my store manager i think, my woolies has our own group on facebook lol but i dont talk to my managers on facebook just my friends in service, meat, deli :)

but i hate having to go and check the rosters every week and recording the times on my phone but its the only way for me to remember and still i didnt go to my shift when i had an end of year school beach day and i forgot that i was working and i got mixed up on the day i was suppposed to work. lol

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
So what's the go with getting cigarettes whilst at a non S/S checkout?
You can't secure the register whilst a transaction is in progress, and you can't leave your checkout unattended if not secured.

Do you call somebody to get them for you? Seems to be the only thing you can do. I will ask next time I work though.

groovygirl

HSC
at my woolies store they banned us getting cigatettes for the customers. now they get it at the liquour or smoke shop its the law. cos under 18's who work at woolies cant sell them to customers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)