• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
at my woolies store they banned us getting cigatettes for the customers. now they get it at the liquour or smoke shop its the law. cos under 18's who work at woolies cant sell them to customers
Yep that's right, cigarettes have to be purchased at the smokeshop in a seperate transaction (you can't save transactions and get the supervisor to take them over to smokeshop anymore) there is no reason why a customer should need to do that cause smokes don't collect frequent flyer points anyway

HSC
yes it is at times it is, my mum says i should record my weekly shifts in a book when its easier to write them on my phone, yeah well i looked on the wrong day my fault but yr 12 celebrations and excursions comes first. the roster text is so tiny lol :p
1) Its called a diary.
2) Maybe at least letting them know that you can't work - even after rosters go up - is a better start than not turning up at all.

I'm sorry, I just don't have a lot of sympathy for people who don't turn up for shifts through sheer carelessness.

danberg

HSC
at my woolies store they banned us getting cigatettes for the customers. now they get it at the liquour or smoke shop its the law. cos under 18's who work at woolies cant sell them to customers
im guessing ur NSW, cos in VIC we can sell them from any register, and U/18s can sell them too!

HSC
Where I am, anyone can sell cigarettes from smokeshop (provided they have appropriate operator privileges), but they must be sold from smokeshop. Unfortunately, we still do saved transactions. :evilfire:

Treefeet

HSC
^^ agree to that, minus selling them through s/s.. as its a $5,000 fine.

i have had so many fights with customers and how they want their smokes while going through s/s. They act like little children when they dont get there way :shouting: (<- - - thats me on a day to day basic with some customers) :D

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Nobody answered my question?
And yes, I'm in Vic, hence bein able to sell them at registers.

So I save the transaction, ding the bell, get the supervisor to grab them, scan the barcode, process transaction?
Or depending how quick they are, dont save the transaction?

SS-champion

HSC
^^ agree to that, minus selling them through s/s.. as its a $5,000 fine.

i have had so many fights with customers and how they want their smokes while going through s/s. They act like little children when they dont get there way :shouting: (<- - - thats me on a day to day basic with some customers) :D

by s/s do u mean self serve? and who told u that it was a $5000 fine?

when we first got self serve just over a year ago we were putting smokes through on self serve until head office said we weren't allowed but I never heard anything about a fine!?

Treefeet

HSC
yes lol s/s is self-serve. hehe

we got s/s nearly a year ago too. We did the same thing, putting smokes through, and then all of a sudden one day, we were told that we couldnt do it anymore, and if we did we and the customer would get finned $5,000. but i can see why when you have 6 machines going all at one time, and people are wanting smokes. it might get a bit confusing, not to mention.. people who would say that didnt get the smokes when they did.

had that happened a few time, not on s/s but on normal registers.. lol to bad they got banned, Had it on camera that they have there smokes. (+ they stole other items too)

mak5

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, New user. Wonder if anyone can give me any hints on working in the bakery.

BSammy

HSC
Just joined the forums, I work at a Tasmanian Woolies, half in cash office and half front end supervision.

We are currently waiting to go live with Project Pheonix, as soon as our SSS starts to care about giving us any information about it.

I'm scared of losing cash office hours and have no idea if that will happen.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Just joined the forums, I work at a Tasmanian Woolies, half in cash office and half front end supervision.

We are currently waiting to go live with Project Pheonix, as soon as our SSS starts to care about giving us any information about it.

I'm scared of losing cash office hours and have no idea if that will happen.
it will, unfourtunately, even our office cashier and systems operator lost 4 and 2 hrs off their roles and they were full time. basically this happens because store services now has it's own SMS standards.

BSammy

HSC
Oh no!

We are currently waiting for the first rostered week from our SSS.

Did you have to wait ages for this? or do I just have an incompetant SSS?

SpongeHead

HSC
Ok, thanks, but what I was hoping you could clear up was when the software goes on relative to the advertised 'go live' day?
I mean if it says that our 'Go Live' day is Tuesday, then the software wont be loaded on Monday for like staff training will it? Youve been through the upgrade, so i was hoping you could tell me.
I posted this a while ago, not sure if you saw it with this forum being down and all...
Hey ekul, sorry for the late reply - haven't logged onto BoS for ages haha

It's pretty much exactly as SS-Champ already stated. The "Go-Live" day at our store was the actual day the software was loaded (this happened really early in the morning, before trading), ready for the customers to use. As I understand it, you have another day and a bit before the WoWPos-SCO experience hits your store?? If so, good luck hehe

AN UPDATE ON MY EXPERIENCE --->>

Ok after a week or so of using the updated SCO's, things seem to getting better but there are still obvious flaws with this new system compared to the NCR software:

1) Weight mismatches are not as common as they were before but they still do happen for no apparent reason. For me, it is also really difficult to check wat has gone wrong without a PDA, especially when the customer has a bag overfilling with crap in the bagging area. Most of the time when I can't see anything obviously wrong I just approve the error to get the queue moving. What else can I do when there are scores of angry customers waiting to use the machines - go through the whole bag bit by bit to find an unscanned item? lol At least with the PDA I was able to watch exactly wat the customer scans scanned while watching them put that same item in the bag, and pick up any errors immediately.

2) The GUI is still damn ugly :vcross:

3) Has anyone else found the fact that there are no "OK" or "Try Again" buttons for customers to press after signinging annoying? Or the fact that it takes ridiculously long for the "Store Log-in" button to pop up so u can approve the transaction? Or that once u press "Yes" nothing happens on the screen and the receipt prints out 5 seconds later? Most of the customers I've seen get confused after signing their signatures because there is no prompt on the screen telling them to press "OK" after signing their signature. Instead most people think the machine didnt accept their sigature, so they keep signing the pad until I go up to them and tell them the signatures gone through and they just have to wait until that stupid button pops up for me to approve it.

Also I;ve given up trying to sell our new SCOs to the public. Now if someone complains to me that they are crap I tell them that I agree and don't know why things had to change. I also tell them it would be good if you could voice your concerns with our manager as it will look good coming from a customer" haha

SpongeHead

HSC
Hey guys, New user. Wonder if anyone can give me any hints on working in the bakery.

Working in the bakery is great - no customer interaction whatsoever haha... Basically it just involves putting all the bread into bags, cakes into those round containers etc and labelling them. Although depending on the size of ur store u have to work pretty fast as there is heaps to do and the managers expect most of the bakery items to be on display pretty much within an hour or 2 of the store opening. Oh and make sure u wear gloves haha

Treefeet

HSC
Also I;ve given up trying to sell our new SCOs to the public. Now if someone complains to me that they are crap I tell them that I agree and don't know why things had to change. I also tell them it would be good if you could voice your concerns with our manager as it will look good coming from a customer" haha
i am doing the same thing, its terrible, woolies trying to look all good by making a software that doesnt even work. but fyi i dont tell the customers to tell our manager cos he doesnt even give a shit, which is sad.

danberg

HSC
i am doing the same thing, its terrible, woolies trying to look all good by making a software that doesnt even work. but fyi i dont tell the customers to tell our manager cos he doesnt even give a shit, which is sad.
having managers that dont giv a shit is nothing new....if i was u (i'm not, we hav no S/S thank GOD) i'd keep a few complaint forms handy in the S/S area, i've found most customers happy to complain if u encourage them!

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
2) The GUI is still damn ugly :vcross:

3) Has anyone else found the fact that there are no "OK" or "Try Again" buttons for customers to press after signinging annoying? Or the fact that it takes ridiculously long for the "Store Log-in" button to pop up so u can approve the transaction? Or that once u press "Yes" nothing happens on the screen and the receipt prints out 5 seconds later? Most of the customers I've seen get confused after signing their signatures because there is no prompt on the screen telling them to press "OK" after signing their signature. Instead most people think the machine didnt accept their sigature, so they keep signing the pad until I go up to them and tell them the signatures gone through and they just have to wait until that stupid button pops up for me to approve it.

Agree about the credit thing,and the Interface is Ugly. And I`ve decided to stop trying to tell the public how good it is.It`s Pointless

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)