The social life at Newcastle Uni (1 Viewer)

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
Hey everyone,
I'm about to start at Newcastle Uni next week, and I was just wondering if those with a little previous experience in the matter might be able to share their knowledge of the social side of uni life. have you found that it's been easy to make new friends? How often are the parties, and how big/good are they? Also (and this is a little biased because I'm a chick) but... what are the guys at the uni like, thumbs up or down?? (up I hope!!) :D

any recommendations/advice/stories would be great!!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
callisto said:
Hey everyone,
I'm about to start at Newcastle Uni next week, and I was just wondering if those with a little previous experience in the matter might be able to share their knowledge of the social side of uni life. have you found that it's been easy to make new friends? How often are the parties, and how big/good are they? Also (and this is a little biased because I'm a chick) but... what are the guys at the uni like, thumbs up or down?? (up I hope!!) :D

any recommendations/advice/stories would be great!!
Im the only attractive guy in my class. I swear.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I thought all of this week was one big party for Uni students?

Mon night - customs
Tues - B.O.T.H
Wed - town/movie at the Uni
Thurs - Butterfly Effect concert
Fri/Sat/Sun - town

That's 7 days of partying. I was talking to one person who said they threw up on their third night.. another bloke who was having a quiet one.. too many big nights in a row :D

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
But I'm still 17, so I haven't been able to get into the Bar on the Hill or anything dammit.. :( :(

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
how do I know you're not some dorky computer nerd? you sure do post a lot :rolleyes:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I am some dorky computer nerd. But that doesn't mean I can't show you a good time.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Nah, just this Monday...

Customs paid for the Uni students on college to get bussed there.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
noel_gallagher said:
is going to customs on monday nights a uni thing to do?

no, not that i know of. Go on a wednesday night

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
No, that's the first Monday of every month.. at Frostbites

HSC
Yeah wednesday nights in town are the best. I'll probers head into Customs Mond night then. Not that I actually start uni until Wednesday...

I'm going in town tomoz night, it';s gonna be shit, altho I am going the club G.

Any of youse been there? nice place, just don't touch anything.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
noel_gallagher said:
Yeah wednesday nights in town are the best. I'll probers head into Customs Mond night then.
what? why? :confused:

The Monday just gone was a one-off night for Uni students on college - they got bussed there courtesy of Customs 'cause they want the Uni students to come there while they're staying there during Uni - an investment of some sort.

Industry night is the first Monday of the month at Frosties! This is every month..

HSC
Oh I see. I'm not staying at the uni. I already live in Newie. I think I'll get drunk at home on Mond night then, save me paying $5.30 for a vodka and raspberry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)