The Sims (1 Viewer)

sladehk

le random
HSC
would sims2 run on a 800mhz 128mb ram 128graphics card?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
sladehk said:
Hmm... 800mhz is a bit marginal, it definitely wouldn't run that smoothly, you could compare the system requirements to another pc game and see how that runs.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
RCMasterAA said:
Could anyone do a favour for me and take a screenshot of the status bar of a sim? I'm talking about the place where it says Energy, Hygiene, Environment, etc. It doesn't matter what the actual status of the bars are.
Found one in chinese subtitles on the net. Click here and enjoy :)

Last edited:

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
sladehk said:
Minimum system requirements:

* 800 MHz processor
* 256 MB RAM if Windows XP
* 128 MB RAM if Windows 98, Windows ME, or Windows 2000
* At least 3.5 gigs of free hard drive space

More details here

Even if you fit the requirements, you'll have to turn down all the settings to minimum and it'll still probably be slow.

RCMasterAA said:
Could anyone do a favour for me and take a screenshot of the status bar of a sim? I'm talking about the place where it says Energy, Hygiene, Environment, etc. It doesn't matter what the actual status of the bars are.
There's one here , although the gamespot logo covers it a bit.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
you guys do realise that the sims, its 7 or so expansions, the sims 2 and its 3 or so expansions are all shit right?

like they targeted the lowest common denominator and scored... it was also one of the first games targeted towards girls that wasnt about barbies [although its basically a more advanced form of playing barbies, manipulating characters...]
this game is nothing special, yet people who do not normally play games think it has the best graphics, the best gameplay, the best features...
first of all even when this game was first launched its graphics were nothing special... the sims 2 is even worse as its a more recent game and basically looks like another expansion for the sims

people talk about the enjoyment they get from the game because of its replayability... well i played it through once and whipped the game, got rediculously rich and then you know what? after my character had every single item, the best job the best everything, i got bored and i didnt feel inclined to replay the game

the secret? replayability is mostly about a decent multplayer [ and yes ive heard of sims online, its shit aswell although slightly better]

can someone please lay out in non bullshit terms:
1. are you female?
2. your gaming experience...not just games you have played at a friends house but recognised games that you own and have completed
3 what aspects of this game appeal you and what makes it superior to the aformentioned games?

i think the trend we will find is that the people who like this game are either female or have little gaming experience, creating what heavy readers like to call " the harry potter effect"where kids are reading one book that is somewhat entertaining and thinking it is the best thing since sliced bread, failing to recognise that t here are many books out there, most of the classics being superior to harry potter... likewise, most of the decent games out there are superior to the sims

transcendent

HSC
N/A
1. male
2. played all sorts of games from Counter Strike to Warcraft 3 to Need For Speed series games
3. i enjoy the game cause it's relaxing
4. i did stop playing it for 6 months for various reasons but i've taken up playing it again
5. you can fuck off. don't like it play something else

Riviet

HSC
N/A
transcendent said:
majority of the characters look chinese... but some of the simple ones look japanese... kanji or whatever.
Yeah that's true, I've heard that some of the Chinese kanji mean completely different things in the Japanese language.

Last edited:

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
transcendent said:
1. male
2. played all sorts of games from Counter Strike to Warcraft 3 to Need For Speed series games
4. i did stop playing it for 6 months for various reasons but i've taken up playing it again
Ditto and nothing else to add.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If you sims 2 players have any good screenys feel free to post them up! :)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
this is the story of Dylan and Catherine... they have been engaged for quite some time but are currently focused on their careers. realising they haven't been spending much time together they recently went out on a date, to the first place they had a date and got to know each other more intimately. they have been living together for quite a while and plan to marry once they buy that $123,000 home on that affluent stretch of road on Pleasantville reserved for the rich and famous.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
transcendent said:
1. male
maybe the tone of my post was all wrong... i admit i didnt mind the game, but its not like i was addicted to it and after playing through it once it lost all entertainment value, so yes i did go on to play something else... namely multiplayer gives me a better gaming experience... but even single player games rock... like take hl2 for example, its a different style of game to the sims, but its enterainment value, its graphics, its storyline.. in my opinion and in the opinion of allmost every other seasoned gamer is it is far superior, yet iam sure the sims series has pulled in alot more money [ this is just a guess, but from some figures i saw ages ago it looked like the sims made some sort of profit record so i will assume in sales, it is more popular]

now dont get me wrong, its an ok game but its not as good as people make it out to be. why play pacman when you can play command and conquer? the gameplay fun is ofcourse still in the game, but when superior games are around why play it?
even funnier to me is people playing the sims when they could be playing the slightly better sims 2.

is it the aspect of controling someones life that you enjoy? similar to the " big brother" scene where people can only view someone elses life, but in the sims they cna actually control their characters mundane activites such as going to the toilet and working 9-5 at work.

now you seem to have a good gaming repitoir, yet you still play inferior games?

all i am saying is that iam sick of having a conversation with someone " oh yeh i like to play g ames" and then them going on about how the sims is the greatest game ever... like wtf? this game was nothing special, it was mundane yet it appeals to the masses... i dont get it, i would say starcraft, although alot older than the sims is superior in every way inclulding the fun you get from gameplay... why dont people come up to me and say they think starcraft is the best game ever? i would argue that it isnt and show other games that might give it a run for its money, but i would accept it as a valid opinion

a baby who has only ever tasted carrots, and then tastes sugar for the first time would tell me that sugar is the best food ever... like sugar is ok, but it isnt THE BEST... it comes down to experience, i think me having played more games has a more valid opinion to judge what game is "the best" or is soooo good and soooo addictive.. .right now with todays trends i would have to reccomend something like WoW or everquest 2 just by sheer numbers.

im summary, people who think the sims is the best need to expand t heir horizons and try out more games

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I don't think anyone here was saying it was the best game ever. It's more of a toy for me much like Lego and it's fun to play god for a while before turning back to shooting Combine.
Serius, I think you've been hanging around the too many people who all seem to say that the Sims is the best game ever?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
I don't think anyone here was saying it was the best game ever. It's more of a toy for me much like Lego and it's fun to play god for a while before turning back to shooting Combine.
Serius, I think you've been hanging around the too many people who all seem to say that the Sims is the best game ever?
ahh i get it now, fun and simple like lego.... a mind numbing break from all the hardcore action of real games.

and yeh i have been hanging around 2 many people that play this game...and they are all girls

LOL!!!! get it! i hang around with girls!!! iam a playa!
seriously, there are girls in my group of friends and this is their idea of high entertainment... they probably actually use lego for a mind numbing break after all the "hardcore action" of the sims

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
OMG!!! i used to love lego!

I like the sims 2. The sims is crap in comparison. At the moment, i'm playing it without cheats. I'm into my third generation and its much harder. The only thing i hate is that when they grow from one stage of life to another they are given the most random combination of clothes so u have to go and buy them new ones, which wastes time and energy. One should be able to choose a new set during each transition.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
lol yeah, Dylan had the WORST PJs ever but i had to work for a few weeks to get enough money so i would go into a Community Lot and buy new clothes in bulk so i'd never have to go there again.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I love how Sims 2 is so customisable, you can edit pretty much anything on their head and plenty of clothes to choose from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)