The Official PS3 vs. Xbox 360 Thread (2 Viewers)

Garygaz

HSC
I know you've got one of the consoles, I know you think it's 9000x better than the other.

So, hit it out, why the hell is your console better.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
The PS3's Cell processor is the only console that is powerful enough to run Linux.

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
my cousin got a ps3 from that PLASMA special buy plasma get free ps3 selling it for 350... ><""""""""" i so want.... but there like bro your gonna get dummer if u play anymore video games....fckin hell 350 ><"". but i dont really like console games they get boring...

theres a game called Dota...thats all i need

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
dodgyv said:
my cousin got a ps3 from that PLASMA special buy plasma get free ps3 selling it for 350... ><""""""""" i so want.... but there like bro your gonna get dummer if u play anymore video games....fckin hell 350 ><"". but i dont really like console games they get boring...

theres a game called Dota...thats all i need
lol

i'll give you $400. then on-sell it for $500.

i didnt really weigh up the ps3/360 because i was "stuck" with the ps3 because of the bravia promo. i became a big fan of the gameplay because of a couple of games i played - assasin's creed, resitance and msg4. i'm not a big gamer - previous consoles have been sega master system 2 and ps1 - but i enjoyed it a lot.

also, i like the fact that it serves as a central entertainment unit. def looking forward to the set up being complete at home. :D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
At present, I use the 360 more as a media centre (as it seems to handle more formats I throw at it), but I like the way the video is upscaled on ps3 better; at least it appears to be better upscaling for stremed video

NovaAesa

HSC
stazi said:
The PS3's Cell processor is the only console that is powerful enough to run Linux.
Erm... okay. So seeings that Linux runs quite happily on one of my old rigs with a Pentium II and 64MiB of RAM, you're saying that my old rig is more powerful than a 360? It isn't a question of power at all, it's more a question of what Microsoft will let you do with its hardware.

btw, XBL pwnz all over PSN, even if you do have to pay for it.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
chose the 360 because:

cheaper price point
don't care about blu-ray
friends have it, so we can play a lot online, trade games etc.
has the games that i want to play - for example developers like valve (left 4 dead) and bioware (mass effect) are backing the 360 moreso than the ps3
xbla is great! (though downloadable games on psn are looking good atm too)
i play a lot of fps, the controller is much better than the ps3 for these games

blakegman

HSC
N/A
I don't think saying xbl is better then psn is a fair point to raise when one is free and the other costs a subscription fee.

Last edited:

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
xbla - xbox live arcade

which are the downloadable games availiable on the marketplace. i wasn't referring to online gaming at all.

i hope microsoft drop this whole gold/silver bullshit, although with netflix on the way in the states i doubt it will happen

blakegman

HSC
N/A
runtlocks said:
xbla - xbox live arcade

which are the downloadable games availiable on the marketplace. i wasn't referring to online gaming at all.

i hope microsoft drop this whole gold/silver bullshit, although with netflix on the way in the states i doubt it will happen
i'm a nub, i meant xbox live.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
yeahh it's fucking peer to peer though. we shouldn't have to pay for it.

can't even find a decent match in cod 4 unless i'm playing with locals. although that's my excuse for my shocking k/d ratio

stazi

Nightman
HSC
NovaAesa said:
Erm... okay. So seeings that Linux runs quite happily on one of my old rigs with a Pentium II and 64MiB of RAM, you're saying that my old rig is more powerful than a 360? It isn't a question of power at all, it's more a question of what Microsoft will let you do with its hardware.

btw, XBL pwnz all over PSN, even if you do have to pay for it.
Nah, I tried installing linux and it said disc not supported, probably because it didn't have the sheer processing power needed to run linux. Why do you think 99% of computers come with XP or Vista preinstalled? Obviously because they're not powerful enough to even boot up linux!

the.RAVER

HSC
Lol I didn't actually consider the fact that there would be one of these threads on this site. I've fought over this for ages on gametrailers.com

In conclution, PS3 FTW. lol.

Seriously... :|

stazi

Nightman
HSC
In reality, they're both great consoles. At present, the Xbox 360 is a superior console due to its library of games, current online community, xbox live arcade titles, as well as because of the simple truth that most games are developed for the 360, maximising its hardware and then ported to the ps3, often with power losses, or developmental delays. Achievements are also awesome.

In a year time, I am guessing the PS3 will catch up, and could potentially overtake the 360 as the better console. However, in my opinion, it'll only just 'catch up' and that's it. Both will be excellent consoles worth owning. However, the PS3 will always lose in online gameplay: there simply isn't a coherent community as per the Xbox Live user base.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
PS3 wins hands down as a system, but the 360 is ahead in terms of games.

-rechargable controller kits cost extra for xbox.
-wireless internet adapter costs extra for xbox.
-HDMI port means i need to go buy a fucking new xbox.
-you have to use an overpriced microsoft harddrive.
-you have to use the xbox wireless earpiece instead of just being able to use the same one you do for your phone.
-oh and also my ps3 doesn't overheat like a bitch and break all the time.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Hagaren said:
PS3 wins hands down as a system, but the 360 is ahead in terms of games
In terms of specs and entertainment (blu-ray), yes. However, developers are struggling to develop for the ps3 due to the complex hardware architecture. A good example is Lost Planet which looks significantly worse than the 360 version despite the extra year or so of development.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
A fanboy thread...where are the fanboys?! C'mon I'm bored at work :(

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
no however, it just is.

i have both systems i like both, however the ps3 is better & so it should be it was released later (they didn't release a shit version just to get a jump on the competition and fuck over consumers). The Xbox has a better games selection which is also understandable given that its been out longer.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yes, but there's always buts ;) You could have a 1GB video card, but it would work the same as a 512MB video card. You could also have a cell processor with fifty cores, but if developers don't know how to use them, it's mundane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)