The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (3 Viewers)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Glad to see Rooney gettin back to form, even though he didn't score, he was causin the Wigan defence a lot of trouble throughout the whole match. I'm also glad to see Giggs back, he changed the match after he came on. Giggs is the single most important player to United right now, we can ill afford to lose him to injury.

Great goal by Saha too.

Last edited:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
my god, that first half, that was pathetic, those first 10mins we were horrible, still looked shaky at the back even after being 2-1 up...ole ole ole, geez wat a fucking revival...oh and even tho ole and saha are firing, and rooney is gettin there, we definetly need a new striker, a clinical finisher. oh and can someone kill o 'shea, i freaking hate him, oh and while ur at it, get rid of fletcher...geez fergie cant u see they suck.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah we were terrible in the first 15min, but that's Fergie's fault really, playin 4-3-3 doesn't really work.

O'Shea does what he's told, I don't think he's that bad to the team, but he just shouldn't be playin in midfield. And Carrick needs to pick up his game, or is he purposely playin like that so Spurs can't get that extra money...?

Vidic has been magnificent at the back for us, he's one of the shining stars for us atm along wit Giggs and Ronaldo.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Cech and Cudicini were both KO'd at Reading, Terry had to play 'keeper for the final mins...

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
lol bout chelsea, i had a feeling they would get a serious inury sooner or later, tho i suspected it be lampard or drogba, for which the latter they have no real cover for, i beleive shevchenko (horrible form) and kalou (lack of game time) are their only 2 strikers.

hachoo

HSC
Kick Shev out, maybe he needs LESS game time to improve his game. That'll teach him. Drogba has been dominating, so don't stop. And Kalou is an up and coming star. Put both of them on and watch them wreak havoc.

Another good win by Man U. Vidic and Ferdinand at the back are real good.... I don't know much about Vidic, but he's a very good attacking player for a centre back. Very impressive: so much so that he's in my dream team now.

Anyone got links to John Terry in Goals? I can't imagine it.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Ship Bolton the trophy, season over.
And Terry in goal still doesn't beat the time Friedel scored, or the time when Stuey Pearce put in Weaver and shoved James up front. Good times...

InLimbo

HSC
lol @ Juan Pablo Angel.

Muppet.

Hear the commentator's comments on his penalty taking history before he took it. Surprised he hasn't got a little Juan Pablo voodoo doll.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Goodness me, how good was Ruud's goal against Steaua, absolutely brilliant.

Man United won comfortably at home, but none of the strikers really fired. Rooney again performed well, but luck is just not with him atm it seems for him to score. While both O'Shea and Richardson got on the scoresheet clearly with luck of their sides.

I knew Arsenal wouldn't win in Moscow, that place is tough to play at.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
haha yeah because it doesnt have grass ... that disallowed goal was bullshit, blind guessing ref :(

cant wait for the chelsea barca game

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I can't wait for Chelsea v Barcelona tomorrow morning either. Should be an awesome game!

The nominations for the 2006 European Footballer of the Year award have been announced. Of the 50-strong selection, 17 are players currently with Premiership clubs, more than any other league.

Timmy Cahill made the list!! What an absolute champion!!

Nominations:

Michael Ballack (Chelsea), Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Tim Cahill (Everton), Fabio Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Gregory Coupet (Lyon), Cristiano Cris (Lyon), Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Deco (Barcelona), Mahamadou Diarra (Real Madrid), Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Michael Essien (Chelsea), Samuel Eto'o (Barcelona), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), William Gallas (Arsenal), Gennaro Gattuso (AC Milan), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Ludovic Giuly (Barcelona), Fabio Grosso (Inter Milan), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Juninho (Lyon), Kaka (AC Milan), Miroslav Klose (Werder Bremen), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Jens Lehmann (Arsenal), Claude Makelele (Chelsea), Florent Malouda (Lyon), Edison Mendez (PSV Eindhoven), Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Andrea Pirlo (AC Milan), Lukas Podolski (Bayern Munich), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Franck Ribery (Marseille), Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Juan Roman Riquelme (Villarreal), Arjen Robben (Chelsea), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich), Andriy Shevchenko (Chelsea), John Terry (Chelsea), Lilian Thuram (Barcelona), Tiago (Lyon), Luca Toni (Fiorentina), Fernando Torres (Atletico Madrid), Patrick Vieira (Inter Milan), David Villa (Valencia), Gianluca Zambrotta (Barcelona), Zinedine Zidane (retired).

Last edited:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Fuck wish i didnt have a test tomorrow morning, so keen for it as well.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Apart from Drogba's amazing goal....Chelsea v Barca didn't really live up to all the hype surrounding the game. Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Lampard, Ballack and Deco were all very quiet throughout the whole match. Drogba and Messi were all class. Drogba really is a class striker now that he has stopped diving around all the time.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Chelsea deservedly won the game, they were the better team on the balance of play of both halves. The passin movement by Barca in the first half which resulted in Messi shootin on goal was just mindblowin, beautiful to watch. But it was too few and far between and they couldn't break down the Chelsea defence afterwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)