The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
money is irrelevant for chelsea. they have no budget. they'd probably rate the signing of wright phillips a success as it stopped arsenal from getting a player they wanted for some time and set back their squad building plans. same deal with essien and man utd, and with ballack and obi no matter how succesful they are on the pitch.
sad...but true. One can successfully argue that fans of big clubs like Man United cannot complain because their clubs have always spent huge amounts on players each year...but when a club simply buys players (even players that they do not need or intend to use) just to stop them from going to a rival club- then that is going too far in my opinion. Chelski and their ridiculous, limitless Abramovich-backed spending is seriously damaging the EPL. The 20 million that they spent on SWP (a player that they don't need or use) is significantly more than the entire transfer kitty of most managers in the EPL.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Has Ashley Cole played his last game for Arsenal?

Arsenal are expected to leave Ashley Cole behind as they head off for tomorrow's Champions League qualifying match with Dinamo Zagreb. The England left-back's omission from the squad is expected to signal his move to Premiership rivals Chelsea, for a fee of around £25million.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
according to soccernet.com, Cole has been named in Arsenals CLS sqaud, but this doesnt mean he aint leaving, and can play in CLS for oh i dunno, chelsea, if he is not included in line up against dinamo zagreb

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
oh one more bit of news for us united fans, fergie has said he is very confident of signing one more player in the next 2 weeks...we have been offered Tevez apparently by corinthians for $15 mill...very interesting..

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
Tevez? Do you need him? Henry works fine by himself.
:confused: ...Henry is an Arsenal player. Tevez has been offered to Manchester United.

If we could sign both Tevez and Senna before the start of the new season...that would be great. I would be satisfied with either one though.

In other news...Chelsea striker Hernan Crespo is set to sign a one-year loan deal with Inter Milan and Sol Campbell looks set to sign for Portsmouth.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I'd rather have Tevez than Senna, since I still believe we need some sort of replacement for Ruud. But as you said, it would be nice to have either one of em anyway.

Cole has been named in Arsenal's Champions League squad, but that's not the match squad that will take place against Dinamo.

Jimmy_B

HSC
cole is definitely going to chelsea. i think the stumbling block is whether chelsea only want to pay cash or give arsenal gallas as wenger wants. either way he'll end up at stamford bridge.

a match made in heaven truly.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
It has just been confirmed that Hernan Crespo has left Chelsea on a free transfer to join Inter Milan in a two-year deal.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
woa that means Chelski only have 2 strikers? Chevy and Droggy. Who will they sign next mmmm.

Jimmy_B

HSC
they have kalou as well. they only need three with their 4-5-1 formation anyway.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
Anyone watch the CCC game on Fox Sports today? I enjoyed watching the game, my first taste of Championship football.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I'll watch such sides when they are promoted to the EPL. I watch enough football already as it is :). I might find myself watching one or two matches in anticipation of the start of the EPL though.

Last edited:

- L1n -

HSC
matt#1 said:
sad...but true. One can successfully argue that fans of big clubs like Man United cannot complain because their clubs have always spent huge amounts on players each year...but when a club simply buys players (even players that they do not need or intend to use) just to stop them from going to a rival club- then that is going too far in my opinion. Chelski and their ridiculous, limitless Abramovich-backed spending is seriously damaging the EPL. The 20 million that they spent on SWP (a player that they don't need or use) is significantly more than the entire transfer kitty of most managers in the EPL.
Who cares u watch, soon another rich mofo is gonna invest in the premier league and have stacks of cash to spend, Romans days r limited as we speak. His just lucky Glazier is a cheapskate.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Confirmed that Cole's not gonna be in the match squad against Zagreb, hopefully we can get Gallas in the deal, because we need another centre back.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Surely Chelsea won't give Gallas to one of their fiercest premiership rivals? Gallas is a great defender and exactly the type of player that Arsenal need...but I really can't see Chelsea offering Gallas plus cash.

@ -L1n-, I agree somewhat with your comments...but I still stand by my earlier criticism of Abramovich. Also, I am not sure that Abramovich's "days are numbered as we speak". What evidence do you have for this?

hachoo

HSC
Hven't seen SWP since he left Man city. So unlucky and what a waste of talent.

- L1n -

HSC
matt#1 said:
Surely Chelsea won't give Gallas to one of their fiercest premiership rivals? Gallas is a great defender and exactly the type of player that Arsenal need...but I really can't see Chelsea offering Gallas plus cash.

@ -L1n-, I agree somewhat with your comments...but I still stand by my earlier criticism of Abramovich. Also, I am not sure that Abramovich's "days are numbered as we speak". What evidence do you have for this?
It's purely common sense and assumption, i'm pretty sure the likes of Bill Gates, Donald trump, Dell Owner etc etc have herd read or seen the uprising of Chelsea and i'm sure they keep info about their fellow Billionaires, i mean they r Businessmen, what Businessmen do best is compete and steal Ideas, Look at Bill gates his a rich biilionaire becos he was smart enbough to invest in microchips, look how he turned out, Trump was no one until he hit the real estates, sooner or later someone will try what Roman is currently doing everyday goes by and people read more and more about Roman, i'm sure someone will mimic his approach aswell, it might not be for Years till someone else rich buys another English Club but still it's going to go down that path, so hence his days r limited.

But yes Roman is a gay mofo and so is Kenyon (Traitor of the century) i hope them both rot in their own greed, i mean wtf they r trying to win the league by preventing other teams to improve. Oh well i'm sick of Chelsea i hope they don't win nothing this year.

- L1n -

HSC
hachoo said:
SWP can blame himself for his own stupidity, he basically crossed himself off the ENglish team lists for the last world cup.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
hachoo said:
I agree. Shaun Wright-Phillips was a phenomenal player during his time at Manchester City. He won't leave Chelsea because he is determined to prove his worth to Mourinho. For his sake, I hope that he gets sent out on loan or something. Maybe this way he can show us all again what a talented player he is. I'm quite sure that he would walk into the starting line-up for almost any other premiership side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)