The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Arsenal have cruised to a 3-0 win in their Champions League qualifier first-leg clash at Dinamo Zagreb. Interestingly...Reyes, linked with a move to Real Madrid, was left out of the side for the first-leg encounter.

Also...Ronaldo played 72 minutes of the 4-1 win over Oxford at the Kassam Stadium, netting with two fine curling efforts either side of half-time. Great to see Ronaldo back and scoring. Many times since the World Cup I have honestly thought that I might never see him in a United shirt again.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Some good and bad news for Man United:

Good: Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes will be free to play in Manchester United's Premiership opener against Fulham despite their recent dismissals during the Amsterdam tournament.

Bad: Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic are set to miss the start of the season because of injury problems. Ferdinand is taking longer than expected to recover from the twisted ankle he suffered in Amsterdam, while Vidic is still some way from being fully fit after picking up a knee injury at the World Cup.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Ashley Cole looks like he's staying put after Arsenal and Chelski couldn't agree on a price.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Ashley Cole is a world class left back, but 25 million euros is alot of money to pay for a defender...even for a club like Chelsea.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Ashley Cole is a world class left back, but 25 million euros is alot of money to pay for a defender...even for a club like Chelsea.
Nah they just want to deny Wenger transfer money.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Shit how many strikers does Inter have now? Adriano, Crespo, Zlatan and Martins .. and whoeever else I dont know because I dont follow Inter.

- L1n -

HSC
copious said:
Shit how many strikers does Inter have now? Adriano, Crespo, Zlatan and Martins .. and whoeever else I dont know because I dont follow Inter.

Recoba and Cruz. lol Inter has lost the plot.

But the obvious choice is Adriano will be the in the starting 11 for sure, and the other spot is up for grabs, Inter just dosen't know who to buy.

HSC
It is getting crazy at Inter with the signings. Ibra will just cause more trouble than he is worth and I'd much rather see Cruz on the field than him. An on form Adriano & a fully fit Crespo are a promosing prospect. I just hope Dacourt doesnt get too mcuh onfield time - doubt he is that good.

Pity to see that Vieri will probably not play the season for Sampdoria as he is yet to show up for them. I really wanted to buy a Doria jersey with his name on the back. :(

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Inter has 7 forwards now, more than Real Madrid, includin Adriano Martins Ibrahimovic Crespo Recoba Cruz and Solari. But Martins is gettin some interest from other clubs, includin Tottenham.

Maybe Fergie should snap up Martins, he's a good prospect for the future too. We're also linked wit Adriano, now that would be a worthy replacement for Ruud.

Last edited:

hachoo

HSC
they could play 3-3-4 with Crespo, Zlatan, Adriano and Martins up front.

Jimmy_B

HSC
_dhj_ said:
Nah they just want to deny Wenger transfer money.
exactly. my brother sums up the situation perfectly.

hectic on msn said:
When Cuntski pay inflated fees, they do so in the knowledge that the player they buy is wanted by a domestic rival, so they're happy to pay over the odds to stop him going to that rival club. Cashley's case is different. They are buying from a rival, with no other competition, and can squeeze us as hard as they like.

But, Cuntski need a left back. Badly. Where are they going to go if they dont want to pay our asking price? Go elsewhere? Wherever they go, they will have to pay an inflated price because of who they are and the fact that they are desperate. Better they pay our asking price for a quality player than £15 odd million for someone not much (if any) better than Bridge.

I would love to see us tell them to fuck off and die, stick Cashley in the stiffs and have them squander more millions on a bloke not fit (in the playing sense) to lace Cashley's boots. I'm not one for cutting off a nose to spite a face, but in this case it would give me great pleasure if we did exactly that.
this saga is set to continue for a while yet, with arsenal now threatening to play him against zagreb to force chelsea's hand.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
hachoo said:
they could play 3-3-4 with Crespo, Zlatan, Adriano and Martins up front.
joga bonito ... but not in italy

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
hahahaha, i get the feeling he wants to go, and capello wants him ...
if he does go wenger wont be wanting to make a loss, which means selling for no less than 17m pounds ...

i hope he doesnt go, because ribery just did a u-turn with marseille so that possible replacement isn't there, unless ofcourse they play the mighty theo walcott there !!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Reyes never gets played up front anyway, he's on the wing, and we've got fuckloads of attacking wingers who can replace him.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Hleb, Rosicky, van Persie, Ljunberg, all top wingers (though Hleb's a bit on and off last year).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)