The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I think that Kaka will probably stay with AC Milan now that they have been cleared to play in the Champions League.

In other transfer news...Brett Emerton is reportedly on the brink of joining fellow Socceroos Mark Viduka and Mark Schwarzer at Middlesbrough, with fellow Aussie Lucas Neil attracting interest from Tottenham.

Tottenham are looking for defensive cover following an injury to defender Ledley King, with Neill thought to be near the top of the list.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Chelsea should go splurge on Lahm for LB ... he played great the whole WC.
Leave Cole alone, i think that Cole has a transfer clause thing in his contract which states that if he transfers to another english club it has to be min 30m, for foreign club its 20m ...

I think either Chelsea or Real will sign him if anyone does, we wouldn't mind Gallas and cash in return or Robinho and cash.
Reyes is being linked with Real aswell.

I think Senna had good performances at the world cup, and would definetely be a useful player for Utd. Graveson, a proven EPL player with Everton is out of favour with Real after having a fight with Robinho, so that might be another possibility, i think he will be coming back to the premiership, especially with alot of clubs after a DMC.
Kerlon and a striker can also be expected.

I think Torres will stay with AT ...

Ballack has been given Gallas' shirt number, 13, read into that ...

Kaka off to Madrid, Cicinho reckons ...

Portsmouth want Kanu

Newcastle targets: Trabelsi, Bridge, Sol Campbell, Tavano

Klose has been linked with alot of English clubs

Will Kewell leave LFC this transfer period?

hachoo

HSC
I hope Neill doesn't leave Blackburn. In my opinion, if he did, he'd sell himself short. By staying at his current club, he'd remain exclusive and maybe a transfer target to the much bigger clubs. Tottenham is a big club sure, but a staying at Blackburn would be a sound choice.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
I'm very interested to see how Mcbenny goes at Blackburn, i think Spurs will sign Chimbonda.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Gallas didn't turn up to the Chelsea American camp! Jose has spoken out against him now, so a new back is now a definite possibility

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
just read that ibrahimovic may leave juve, according to his agent, wif Man utd and Tottenham one of a number of foreign and italian clubs interested. he said that zlatan has a "Probable" chance of leaving, and the question isnt based on CLS football or not..so this could be very hopeful for united to snap him up, apparently SAF wants one more player..thats the rumour on football365

PatG

HSC
withoutaface said:
'pool need to pick up some really word class strikers and they are the complete team, I'd agree.

And led zep it seems Liverpool is everybody's second favourite team, out of the top 4 or 5 anyway. :p
Ahem, not second, the favourite team.

PatG

HSC
Led-Zep said:
my predictions..
Chelsea
Man Utd
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs

I think everyone is forgetting united finished 2ND last season with GIGGS and O'SHEA in midfield, now we got Carrick and Scholes is coming back, and those who think without RVN we will lost it, Saha-Rooney combo worked wonders end of last season. Plus we still may sign one more player, so i dont think we have anythin to worry bout, we wont win the league but 2nd is assured. We have the best defence, as opposed to arsenal, liverpool and spurs, even with a weak midfield last season we finished above them. I have no doubt we will do the same again
Mate I think you'll find that Liverpool had the most clean sheets last season. At one point we'd gone something like 10 matches without conceding.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
RUB!X said:
Will Kewell leave LFC this transfer period?
Harry's injured atm so he wont be leaving this transfer window. I think Rafa will see how the new boys Gonzalez and Aurelio fare on the left of midfield before deciding anything.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Pellegrini looks resigned to losin Senna, so he may be on his way to United. Fergie is definitely considerin a move for a striker, let's just hope it's someone of high calibre, I don't want a shit kunt like Bellion again.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Sources seem to suggest that Fergie has given up hope of signing Torres and has instead turned his attention to Tevez and Dirk Kuyt.

Liverpool are also very interested in Kuyt. Kuyt has suggested that he would prefer to play for Liverpool over Man United...so considering that Benitez definitely wants to purchase a new striker...he will probably end up there.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
"Mate I think you'll find that Liverpool had the most clean sheets last season. At one point we'd gone something like 10 matches without conceding." PatG..

Yet united, who apparently have a weaker defence, with a weakend midfield for 2/3 of the season, finished ahead of pool...having 10 clean sheets in a row doesnt compensate for finishing below a supposed depleted united side.

PatG

HSC
What was it? Like 3 points? I put it down to our strikers misfiring.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
well considering we dropped our best striker, had no midfield whatsoever, compared to Xabi alonso and Gerrard, kewel, etc..our achievement was pretty good.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I rate Man United's defence as better than Liverpool's. Yes, Liverpool may have kept more clean sheets, etc...but our stats from last season were effected by our shaky start to the last season...especially considering that we were missing Neville and Heinze and were yet to purchase Vidic and Evra. Much of Man United's defensive problems are also not caused by our defenders themselves, but caused by our lack of suitable central defensive midfielders. Hopefully the acquisition of Carrick and perhaps Senna will go some way to solving this problem.

I am not, however, in any way suggesting that Carragher, Hyypia, etc are bad defenders. In fact, I rate them highly. I just think that Ferdinand, Vidic, Heinze, etc are better. Ferdinand and Vidic formed a very promising partnership in the centre of defence in the latter part of last season...and I fully expect that to continue in the coming season.

As a Liverpool supporter, you are better off arguing that your midfield is better than United's. All of us United supporters envy Liverpool's Gerrard- Alonso combination. With those guys in our central midfield...we would most certainly be able to challenge Chelsea for the title.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
PatG said:
Don't forget Sissoko - he's a beast.
Yes, I envy Liverpool because of Sissoko as well:( . I would add Kewell and Garcia to the list of Liverpool midfielders that I envy, but I feel that in Giggs and Ronaldo we already have good enough players in their respectve positions. Also, despite being a big fan of both players...Kewell is too vulnerable to injury and Garcia seems to be largely inconsistent, saving his best performances and goals for the important games.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Senna definitely seems likely to be heading to Man United...

Villarreal boss Manuel Pellegrino has admitted that he is likely to lose midfielder Marcos Senna to Manchester United this summer. The Brazilian-born Spanish international has become United's top target after Patrick Vieira moved to Internazionale yesterday, and Pellegrini admitted that while the deal isn't done yet, it is likely to happen: "In the case of Marcos, nothing is 100 percent finalised," he said. "I understand that this is a great opportunity for him but, for us, it is going to be a great footballing loss if he does end up going. If he leaves, I'll be happy for him but I will be sad for the team. I am very happy for him because he deserves it. He is a player who has proved his class and I have always found it very strange that nobody came in for him sooner as he is a great player."

Also, Villarreal's attacking midfielder Luis Valencia will play next season on loan at Wigan. This should prove to be a good move by Wigan. Valencia was a member of the Ecuador squad who competed in the World Cup finals in Germany and my second choice behind Ronaldo for the Young Player of the tournament award.

PatG

HSC
Is anyone going to watch the Coca Cola Championship now that it's going to be shown on Foxtel?

I might have a looksie and see how it compares to the A-League.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Probably not. The EPL and A-League provide enough distraction to my studies already. I also watch a few of the bigger Serie A and La Liga matches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)