The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Crouchie performed it against Hungary too :).

I defy anyone who rates Ronaldo higher than Crouch :D :p

^___^
HSC
politik said:
Bahahaha what a retard. The Brazilian league SHITS all over the EPL. In fact, everytime one of those shit European teams has come to South America to play a club side they've been bitched. Remember Real Madrid's schlacking at the hands of Boca Juniors after their Champions League win? I could find a few 18 year olds in Brazil/Argentina who are better than Ruud.

Seriously, the game exists outside of Europe too.

yeah, if only european clubs care about playing south american clubs...

i mean, why would they risk their players on such petty games

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Haha Matty you still love Ronaldo that much...? Or is it just a Portuguese thing...? ;)
Yes, nothing has changed since the good old days when I used to have multiple page arguments with HeCtic and Dianna about him. His Portuguese nationality probably does have alot to do with him being my favourite player...but regardless of where he was from...I just love the exciting (even if sometimes frustrating) way that he plays. I also still think that he is destined to be the best footballer on the planet someday :) .

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
Benny, "And no, RvN isn't in his mold." i do not agree at all, RVN is far the better goalscorer than Ronaldo. Ruud comes deep and is great with passing and headers plus has a natural instinct for goal. Ronaldo, Present ronaldo, is fat, lazy, sure he has skill and goal scoring talent but for pure scoring ability its RVN all the way.

RVN 01/02 Goals- 34 Ronaldo 01/02 Goals- 9
02/03 goals- 51 02/03 Goals- 49
03/04 Goals- 50 03/04 Goals- 41
04/05 Goals 32 04/05 Goals 45
05/06 Goals 40 05/06 Goals 23

Totals= 207 =167
Source- www.soccernet.com

Thus this proves RVN is the better goal scorer and in fact Ronaldo is not in RVNs Mold at all. Whilst i Love Ronaldo, RVN is far the greater goalscorer. And for assists RVN is greater also, RVN= Assists 9 whilst Ronaldo = Assists 3.
This is combined for 2001-2006 for both..

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Led-Zep said:
And for assists RVN is greater also, RVN= Assists 9 whilst Ronaldo = Assists 3.
This is combined for 2001-2006 for both..
Those stats for assists are pathetic for both players. For Ruud though, I guess that the lack of assists can be attributed to the fact that almost every time he touches the ball...it is slammed into the back of the net.:)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
It's nice that you went to such lengths to prove me wrong, but I was referring to the fact that they're different types of players. I guess I didn't make myself clear.

Fat Ronaldo is, once again, a different type of player to RvN. I don't know why you insist on equating all strikers to the same role. For pure goal scoring, there are few better than RvN, no one will argue with that.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Not looking positive :S

http://ninemsn.sportal.com.au/default.aspx?s=g2006display&id=83629

I didn't watch the game, but it sounds like they're playing like they did against Holland, except this time, against a crappy opponent.

Also results to note:
France 3-1 China (it was 1-1 up until the 89th min)
Spain 2-1 Croatia (spain scored after the 90th min to win, Croatia scored an own goal)

Hmmm it's looking like croatia is really out of form. Sure, spain is a strong opponent, but conceding at the end really shows holes in the defense.

- L1n -

HSC
Benny_ said:
It's nice that you went to such lengths to prove me wrong, but I was referring to the fact that they're different types of players. I guess I didn't make myself clear.

Fat Ronaldo is, once again, a different type of player to RvN. I don't know why you insist on equating all strikers to the same role. For pure goal scoring, there are few better than RvN, no one will argue with that.
Ur right they r not the same type of strikers, Ronaldo is an Henry kind of player while Ruud is ur typical gunner, they both rely on different things, Ruud relies on pure striking ability while Fatnaldo as he called these days attempt to dribble ooponents down before slotting the ball home, but end of the day if i wanted Goals, i trust in Ruud over Fatnaldo. Thats why i tip Ruud for Golden Boot if Holland progresses pass QTR Finals. Not to mention Ruud has a pt to make it was unlucky he did'nt make it last time round this time he ain't holding back lol. This is very possibly both of em's last time at a WC.

As much as i like Ronaldo and how he contributes to ManU's attack he lacks crossing ability. But then again who cares he can just dribble everyone then do a nice cut back.

^___^
HSC
politik said:
Haha yeah, and why spend millions on their players?
Haha yeah, because playing against south american team is SOOOOOO much more important than focuing on Champions League and their own respective league..afterall, defeating a team from South America achieves nothing BUT PRIDE!!!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
politik said:
Go back further.
You're saying football in South America now is better than what it is in Europe now, going back further is stupid because what happened more than 10 years ago is essentially irrelevant to current form.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
Benny, Hey sorry didnt mean to go out and prove you wrong, I love both Ronaldo and RVN. RVN is the true goalscorer out of the two, and they are different players, yet have similar roles. Both are Strikers and both like the ball played to them, the real difference is RVN comes deep to get it, Ronaldo used to do that but doesnt anymore. Also Ronaldo has far superior skills to RVN that is undisputable.

I love them both and hope they light up the world cup, especially RVN who hasnt had a chance to shine on the world stage, and i really hope Ronnie breaks that WOrld cup goalscorin record, he is on 12 and he needs 14 i think which is Gerd Muller.. Hope he can break that.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
lol.. I was actually talking about Leo Messi :p

Fat Ronaldo's still cool too though. At the very least he'll become a cult figure in the last few years of his career.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Cisse broke his leg again. Snapped it very similarly to his last one. Poor guy.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Komit said:
Cisse broke his leg again. Snapped it very similarly to his last one. Poor guy.
Who do you think Domenech will replace him with? Surely he can't make the same foolish mistake twice and leave Guily out again? Although considering that Cisse is a striker, perhaps Anelka should be brought in?

- L1n -

HSC
matt#1 said:
Who do you think Domenech will replace him with? Surely he can't make the same foolish mistake twice and leave Guily out again? Although considering that Cisse is a striker, perhaps Anelka should be brought in?
2 contenders Anelka or Giuly and a fat chance Pires.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
politik said:
Woah calm down there, surely you know about South American and European rivalry? Argentina v England? Brazil v Germany? Brazil v Italy? Uruguay v Germany? These rivalries have been around looooong before you and I. *yawn*
You're an idiot, the Argentina England rivalry only started after '86, not very long ago, thanks to Maradona and his Hand of God.

In terms of club football, there ain't much rivalry to talk about. Just pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)