• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
matt#1 said:
Who do you think Domenech will replace him with? Surely he can't make the same foolish mistake twice and leave Guily out again? Although considering that Cisse is a striker, perhaps Anelka should be brought in?
Anelka ? The French set-up already appears pretty volatile as is the case. Anelka, whilst gifted, isn't the sort of guy who will give a 100% at training, sit out matches, and contribute to a tranquil camp.

As for Cisse, hate to say it, but he's on a hat-trick.

Being the stubborn man he is, I can't see Domenech calling-up Guily. I'm sure he'd rather stuff up France's chances than 'concede' by recalling Guily. Add to that the fact that Guily specifically said after the naming of the 23-man squad, that he was going on holidays and would make himself unavailable for emergencies should anyone get injured. He was snubbed by Domenech, he might just return the gesture if given the chance.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Paragon said:
Anelka ? The French set-up already appears pretty volatile as is the case. Anelka, whilst gifted, isn't the sort of guy who will give a 100% at training, sit out matches, and contribute to a tranquil camp.

As for Cisse, hate to say it, but he's on a hat-trick.

Being the stubborn man he is, I can't see Domenech calling-up Guily. I'm sure he'd rather stuff up France's chances than 'concede' by recalling Guily. Add to that the fact that Guily specifically said after the naming of the 23-man squad, that he was going on holidays and would make himself unavailable for emergencies should anyone get injured. He was snubbed by Domenech, he might just return the gesture if given the chance.
Anelka and Giuly are only players that I assumed would be likely replacements for Cisse....and not my choices. It could be anyway though considering that Boumsong made the squad and Barthez is first choice keeper.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Komit said:
Goosebumps? Are you alright?
Er, just say it brings back a lot of memories fo me, similar to watchin Cantona goals, and that Ryan Giggs goal against the Arse scums.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Komit said:
Goosebumps? Are you alright?
LMF^^ is perfectly fine. Watching the highlights of Rooney gave me goosebumps too...because he is just such an awesome talent. As for non-United supporters...and anyone who dosen't want England to win the world cup...such footage is more likely to send shivers down your spine than give you goose bumps.:)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
LMF^^ is perfectly fine. Watching the highlights of Rooney gave me goosebumps too...because he is just such an awesome talent. As for non-United supporters...and anyone who dosen't want England to win the world cup...such footage is more likely to send shivers down your spine than give you goose bumps.:)
Out of all the compilations, this ranks as one of the best. I can post others too, like Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldinho etc.

I'm only gettin behind England fo Rooney, nothin else. :D

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
I have always gone for England in prior World Cups (as with many others mainly cos of the EPL), so I'm supporting England behind Australia (oh and Trinidad and Tobago of course :))

johnny_87

HSC
matt- go to www.football-video.com and join (quick and simple). You can download the 3 R's video - Ronaldo, Rooney and Ruud. Pretty good. Leans towards Ruud more but brings back some great memories of him.

Also, there's a Ronaldo v Ronaldinho video too. Awesome. I have them burnt to a DVD!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
politik said:
You fucking moron, have you ever heard about the Falklands War?
When did England and Argentina have a competitive football match prior to the '86 quarter final...?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
johnny_87 said:
matt- go to www.football-video.com and join (quick and simple). You can download the 3 R's video - Ronaldo, Rooney and Ruud. Pretty good. Leans towards Ruud more but brings back some great memories of him.

Also, there's a Ronaldo v Ronaldinho video too. Awesome. I have them burnt to a DVD!
Thanks mate. The Ronaldo v Ronaldinho video sounds awesome. Those 2 are the best skillful dribblers of the ball in the game IMO. Ronaldinho, of course, has a far superior all-round game at the moment though. I'll check it out for sure.:)

johnny_87

HSC
No worries mate. That and youtube are pretty good as far as compilations go. Seeing as I don't watch a lot of Liga, I never realised how often Ronaldinho turns on the party tricks. With the ball in the air, he is awesome! He never seems to do too many tricks in the CL nor in a big game (usually when I watch).

matt#1

HSC
N/A
johnny_87 said:
No worries mate. That and youtube are pretty good as far as compilations go. Seeing as I don't watch a lot of Liga, I never realised how often Ronaldinho turns on the party tricks. With the ball in the air, he is awesome! He never seems to do too many tricks in the CL nor in a big game (usually when I watch).
Thats why Ronaldinho is so good...because he uses the tricks effectively and only in moderation. He won't do too many party tricks in the big games if it isn't going to help his side. Ronaldo, too, will be one of the best players in the world IMO if he learns to use such skills and tricks only when he has to. He relies on his tricks a bit too much at the moment and needs to improve his crossing. Both of these aspects of his game are improving though. He just needs to become a little bit more consistent...because one game he is absolutely brilliant and the next he is awful.

johnny_87

HSC
Exactly. And you could throw his shooting into the mix but it too is improving. You could probably argue that Ronaldo as an all-round player is better than Ronaldinho was at 21, so we will see how well he fulfils his massive potential.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
True about C Ronaldo, however it looks like he is growing out of it and next season I think he will be the player we all want him to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)