The Official Big Day Out 2006 Thread (stickied?) (1 Viewer)

HSC
i like when people with shit taste in music criticise other people's shit taste in music

HSC
It's not a bad lineup, but i'm not exactly jumping up and down with joy...

I was expecting bigger names... AFI wtf?

HSC
my sharona said:
It's not a bad lineup, but i'm not exactly jumping up and down with joy...

I was expecting bigger names... AFI wtf?
Yeah, and who are those Ferdinand wankers anyway, never heard of them. Iggy who? What exactly were you expecting, the beatles?

Remember that the upcoming announcements aren't usually just small-time padding bands, this year the second announcement added fairly big acts like
Regurgitator, Spiderbait, Slipknot, Hatebreed, The Hives, Rise Against, Le Tigre and The Polyphonic Spree. Ignoring the fact that most those bands are utter crap, there's no denying that some are quite big.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Why is there all this hype about The Mars Volta coming back? Fair enough they're great (I like them), but they came in 2004 and were just shit. They played two 20-minute prog. sessions to themselves and were boo'd...they better be better.

Also, why the fuck are the White Stripes coming? There are about 3 people in the industry who like what they do...2 of those people are Mark Holden.

HSC
Gavrillo said:
Why is there all this hype about The Mars Volta coming back? Fair enough they're great (I like them), but they came in 2004 and were just shit. They played two 20-minute prog. sessions to themselves and were boo'd...they better be better.

Also, why the fuck are the White Stripes coming? There are about 3 people in the industry who like what they do...2 of those people are Mark Holden.
Good thing the BDO isn't aimed at attracting the attention and money of "The industry"!

(Personally I don't think much of the white stripes, but they seem to have a fair following). The thing is to remember that it's not a festival aimed at serving up your favourite fifty bands, you take what you want and leave the rest.

Last edited:

slip

HSC
i was quite impressed with this years 1st line up as compared to previous years

franz, living end, faker, iggy pop, mars volta just to name a few

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
Asiiiiif ... tws are where its at, so long as they dont sell out and play all their new stuff mixed with half of 'elephant' :p .. im thinking bring in some white blood cells, avoid by all costs "passive manipulation" and from gbms im hoping to hear at least Red rain and instinct blues

But in all seriousness, I vote Tool for president. Or at least one of many in the second announcement :)

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Yeah, and who are those Ferdinand wankers anyway, never heard of them. Iggy who? What exactly were you expecting, the beatles?

Remember that the upcoming announcements aren't usually just small-time padding bands, this year the second announcement added fairly big acts like
Regurgitator, Spiderbait, Slipknot, Hatebreed, The Hives, Rise Against, Le Tigre and The Polyphonic Spree. Ignoring the fact that most those bands are utter crap, there's no denying that some are quite big.
I'm not trying to diss the popularity of who's in the first lineup, it's more that somebody told me that the Foo Fighters would be there and when i looked at the list it seemed so... disappointingly empty.

HSC
my sharona said:
I'm not trying to diss the popularity of who's in the first lineup, it's more that somebody told me that the Foo Fighters would be there and when i looked at the list it seemed so... disappointingly empty.
Ah, that's why rumours are shit :) Best bet is to hope on some astoundingly cool stuff in the upcoming announcements :)

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Ah, that's why rumours are shit :) Best bet is to hope on some astoundingly cool stuff in the upcoming announcements :)
Yeah .. mistakingly got my hopes up for NIN a while back thanks to some dodgy rumours >< .. was vulnerable after their sydney show, was amazing :D

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I hope they get The Presets - they're touring at the moment...

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Again? Nah.

Last year's R.A mosh was Captain Insano. It was a mix of hardcore 7' tanks and 5' poofs waiting for Le Tigre...amusing.

slip

HSC
my sharona said:

i dont know who is stupider you for believeing foo fighters will come out 3 times in 9months or the person that told you.

maybe your just optimistic and the person that told you is just a joker but still...

HSC
slip said:
i dont know who is stupider you for believeing foo fighters will come out 3 times in 9months or the person that told you.

maybe your just optimistic and the person that told you is just a joker but still...
No, it just so happens that i don't track bands to figure out how many times they go to which country in how many months...

Sheesh, have a go at me for having hope, why don't you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)