The Official Big Day Out 2006 Thread (stickied?) (1 Viewer)

alayenay

HSC
Shitty lineup aye. :( Looking forward to The Mars Volta; White Stripes should go alright. It was very disappointing on the whole though, they'd better have something up their sleeves for the second announcement. Chances are they don't though. :rolleyes:

Markazzo

HSC
For those of you who have never heard of The Magic Numbers, they're a pretty good lo fi rock and roll band a with soul, and some nice and sunny tunes. Check them out, they are pretty big in the UK, selling out something like 25 shows in a row well in advance.

Though its probably very unlikely, I can only wonder whether they will follow the same path as the Darkness in 04:UK band plays at BDO in an early slot, with relatively little hype over here but huge success back home, becomes worldwide sensation soon after...

At any rate they should be good to see live.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
alayenay said:
Shitty lineup aye. :( Looking forward to The Mars Volta; White Stripes should go alright. It was very disappointing on the whole though, they'd better have something up their sleeves for the second announcement. Chances are they don't though. :rolleyes:
If you think about the number of good bands compared to the total number, it's a great lineup.

My only problem in there is The White Stripes. Every other band is great. Sleater Kinney rock. Kings of Leon rock. The Magic Numbers rock.

Just DL or (in case of Aus bands) buy their shit and spin it...listen before you hate.

alayenay

HSC
Meldrum said:
If you think about the number of good bands compared to the total number, it's a great lineup.

My only problem in there is The White Stripes. Every other band is great. Sleater Kinney rock. Kings of Leon rock. The Magic Numbers rock.

Just DL or (in case of Aus bands) buy their shit and spin it...listen before you hate.
I can't download music because my limit is fuckn shit...I've got an open mind regarding the bands I haven't heard of, but in terms of bands I love it's a shit lineup. Somebody told me that Kings of Leon were the worst band they've ever seen live...not a good sign for the lineup as a whole. I think the promoters suck and I trust them not!

plasmicbob

HSC
even if they don't announce a few more good bands.. ill go just for iggy! im so psyched. not much else i like so far though.. mars volta are pretty good and magic numbers. white stripes though.. bleh.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
alayenay said:
Somebody told me that Kings of Leon were the worst band they've ever seen live...not a good sign for the lineup as a whole. I think the promoters suck and I trust them not!
kings of leon are awesome. i love the lineup. i was so excited about sleater kinney and franz and the white stripes. and the australian line up is good too. so much better than eskimo joe and little birdy this year :rolleyes: love magic dirt and faker :uhhuh:

but overall i agree with gavrillo - i mean meldrum lol you got to listen to them before you bag them!!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Meldrum said:
OMFG! Another person who likes S/K!

That makes like 4 of us...
i <3 them. they better be in a good timeslot.
dont mind the magic numbers either.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
holy fucking medusa's head

i found out today that i am to be the holder of a vip ticket
i love my summer roommate
oh oh oh *backflips*

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
ok i'll get it what the hell. i gots birthday money even though i can';t pay for schoolies yet. how much were they?

and screw you tom :( (me too????)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
melimoo said:
and screw you tom :( (me too????)
vip = backstage pass and free alchohol
o
m
f
g

if you are any good at counterfitting a ticket for sure

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
I should have my ticket as of this morning....
someone else was getting it for me :)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
DrownTheCrow said:
vip = backstage pass and free alchohol
gaah hate you tom :(:( theres no bands you reeeaallly want to see there.. so give it to me so i can meet franz!! please?!! :(:(

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
yeh i dont really want to see mars volta or afi... and possibly my favourite band sparta

be gone child its all mine!

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
ill probably get mugged and raped for good measure for it... maybe i can lend it to you stas when you want to go backstage or something...

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
DrownTheCrow said:
holy fucking medusa's head

i found out today that i am to be the holder of a vip ticket
i love my summer roommate
oh oh oh *backflips*
OGM lucky! BOS meat?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)