The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
matt#1 said:
@ YBK...it wasn't bought and it wasn't unfair. You are just bitter that Brazil lost. France were deserving winners. The Brazilians just couldn't live up to such high expectations. They will be back to challenge for the title in 4 years time...albeit with probably an even more talented side :(.
Talent is nothing without a good coach.

It's just that the brazil VS france match seemed pretty low in intensity, Brazil really didnt look like they wanted it. :(

bah, GO PORTUGAL!

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
YBK; France controlled the game exactly the same as '98 final, Brasil struggle to play well when they are not in control; it actually was an interesting match to match in the perspective of a France fan... Zidane, Malouda, Ribery..

matt#1

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
yes! portugese goalie is fucking brilliant!!! come on portugal! i love your oportos chicken!
bahahahahaha!!! In my celebrations I missed this post last night. Further proof of how hilarious/insane you are, Stas.:)

Jimmy_B

HSC
matt#1 said:
bahahahahaha!!! In my celebrations I missed this post last night. Further proof of how hilarious/insane you are, Stas.:)
oporto's is quality. in the battle of the foods i'd say portugal and italy would be my favourites for the title.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I <3 Italian food. No matter how much I hate Italy, I could never boycott their food. Even if they beat Portugal in the final.

Always

HSC
ON A GAGNER!!!!! BRAVO LES BLEUS!!! MERCI ZIDANE! Gros gros bisous!

Every France fan should've been on les Champs-Elysées last night. I have lost my voice completely!

VIVE LA FRANCE!!!!!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
So did England make the semis? No? Bahahaha @ Pommie scum. Lampard's disappointing tournament was perhaps rivalled only by Ronaldinho's. Both of them were expected to be oarsum for their countries. And both failed. Oh well.

Portugal have been my team since Australia got pwned by Cantalejo, I'll stick by them to beat the inhumane, frog-eating .. people. Zidane was magical, though, I don't mind him. Ribery would lose in a beauty contest to one of those pigeons that gets run over on the road. I hate seeing his face on the television.

Portugal > France
Germany > Italy
----------------------------------------
France > Italy
----------------------------------------
Portugal > Germany :D :D :D

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Portugal and France should be a good match, Portugal have Deco (and to a lesser extent Costinha) back, but France are finally in form with impressive results over Spain and Brazil.
France ftw.

Haha did anyone else see Rooney push Ronaldo when he stomped Carvalho in the testicles! Locker room controversy :eek:

Germany look serious contenders for the cup now, I can't see any team beating them to be honest.

YBK

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Goooo Germany!

Portugal vs England was so boring, I nearly died.
Heck no!
that was a good game!
Much better than Brazil VS France... !!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
matt#1 said:
hmmm...seems like alot of people have converted into Portugal supporters. I'm running out of people to argue against :(...
GO DECOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GO DECCOOOOOOOOOOO!

yeah, just for him, pretty damn awesome player.

YBK

HSC
matt#1 said:
hmmm...seems like alot of people have converted into Portugal supporters. I'm running out of people to argue against :(...
i've always supported Portugal... Just not as much as brazil :D

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Ribery would lose in a beauty contest to one of those pigeons that gets run over on the road. I hate seeing his face on the television.
Again, he was in a serious car crash as a toddler. Give him a break.

Btw, Fozzie was saying on the WC Show that the German's technical staff were handing pieces of paper to Jens, suggesting which way the Argies would be hitting.

As for the Poms, I do think the blame, if you can label it as 'blame', should fall squarely on Sven's shoulders. He's been in-charge 5.5 years, he's got all these star individuals at his disposal, yet they have bugger-all to show for it. I'm not saying they should be winning Cups or anything, being edged out in three straight QFs by Scholari-lead Brazil and Portugal is nothing to be ashamed of, but the drab, uninspiring brand of football they play, the lack of cohesion, and fact that they stumble and stutter their way to favourable results, just makes me cringe. I admire almost all of their players during the regular club season, they can be deadset brilliant. But when they play together, far out, 'go home already'.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
As for Cristiano, I get the feeling he'll get a hard time when he jets back to England. He did play a part in Rooney's dismissal, and kid-Gasgoine wasn't too impressed by it. I don't think he'll stick around at O/T next season, he even said he'll 'consider the future of his club football after the WC is over'. He obviously feels there's something to be 'considered'. If both him and RvN stay, we might end up with three feuding players in Ruud/Rooney/and Ronaldo come next season.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
Out of the remainin 4 teams, Portugal is the most favourable team to most neutrals due to their lack of achievements, so yeah, go Portugal. :)

That Rooney red card was harsh, I'm sure it was accidental, his eyes weren't on Carvalho at the time so there really wasn't any intent.

Ronaldo is startin to worry me, there are increase speculations linkin him away from Old Trafford. :(

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Ronaldo is startin to worry me, there are increase speculations linkin him away from Old Trafford. :(
I'm worried also because he is my favourite player in the whole world. I love being able to support him when he plays for both club and country...he is so talented and looks destined to become one of the greatest players in a few years' time. I think that he has his heart set on Madrid though:( .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)