The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (4 Viewers)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
matt#1 said:
I think that Ronaldinho will finally prove to the world what he is all about tonight. I'd rather him do it now than against Portugal in the next round (if they win) anyway.
Unfortunately, Ronaldinho was no where to be seen tonight! He was like a needle in a haystack. Zidane was sublime tonight, he was at his vintage best and controlled the midfield. Ribery once again looked dangerous, he's been a great selection in the squad.

Brazil looked flat and lethargic. Even when they needed the goal and threw on Robinho and Adriano, they didnt seem interested and hungry for that extra goal. Perhaps they were tired, but France held them down very well. Ronaldinho was pretty close with his free kick, but not good enough this time!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Zidane played beautifully, oh the old Zizou is back.

Brazil got outplayed, they were clearly beaten at their own game today. Every French player played their part and were all impressive. Ribery ran his heart out, Henry held up the ball well, Makelele and Vieira took control in the middle and the defense was solid. Deserved winners, we'll have a new world champ soon.

I'm sad over the fact that the best of Brazil never came through, Ronaldinho never lived up to what everyone expected, and they were pretty much flopped like France and Argentina last time around. Pele got this one right, Brazil ain't goin to win the World Cup this yr.

Jimmy_B

HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
btw what exactly had theo walcott achieved this world cup
about the same as ronaldinho and fat frank the big chokers.

well played france, zizou and vieira are rolling back the years now and they have plenty of class with henry, gallas, thuram. france-portugal will be quality.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
hahaha excellent, excellent... go france!!!!!!!! watched the engl v portugal game til halfway through extra time, then went to sleep cos i'd been taking micro-naps throughout teh whole thing :eek:

otay

HSC
France were always gonna win. Brazil has done nothing this tournament, France's defence is fucking strong and they have the creative ability to score against any1 (especially now that Zidane is firing). France to beat Portugal and Germany to defeat Italy. France vs Germany! Let's go back to 1945.

Zizou, tu es magnifique!

Oh and bad luck to england. Out in quarter finals and lost one day series being thrashed by Sri Lanka. Great day for English sports ahaha.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
France played well, yes. But Brazil seriously played crap - they gave it to the french... It was a pretty bad game, very annoying. It makes me wonder why.

Did anyone notice, they played a great first 10 minutes, and an amazing last 3 minutes...?

Brazil had 30 minutes after that goal to turn it up, and decided to wait for the last 3 minutes :S. Something's not right about that match. maybe it was baught.. maybe cause it's Europe...

At least I know Brazil's coach is pretty damn stupid for leaving cafu and roberto carlos on.. they have much better and YOUNGER subs. Everytime cafu held the ball, the brazilians lost it. Why did he leave Robinio for so late?

bah, that was messed up!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
@ YBK...it wasn't bought and it wasn't unfair. You are just bitter that Brazil lost. France were deserving winners. The Brazilians just couldn't live up to such high expectations. They will be back to challenge for the title in 4 years time...albeit with probably an even more talented side :(.

As for France v Portugal...I will agree that France are probably slight favourites, but I do not think that it will be impossible for Portugal to beat them. Both sides are very strong defensively...and also creative in midfield with players like Zidane and Figo turning back the years. My only worry is France's strikepower up front with Henry, Trezeguet and Saha. Pauleta, Gomes and Postiga can't match that. We need goals to come from our midfield players (Ronaldo, Figo, Simao, Maniche and Deco). That is a gun midfield capable of scoring goals against anyone.

I'd like to see Portugal win though, not only because I support them :)...but also because they are the only team left to never have won a World Cup. In any case, I think that the winner of this match will face Germany in the final. Força Portugal!

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I reckon portugal will beat france

-Scholari > Domenoch
-France were proving a point against Spain (and Spain always chokes)
-Brasil played poorly against france
-Portugal will have Deco back
-Ricardo is god at penalties

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)