HSC
lol they play the best classics ud never otherwise hear.. gota love em

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
wallid said:
lol they play the best classics ud never otherwise hear.. gota love em
they are the best commercial radio stations

what we need is an illegal hiphop station...id set it up if i had the equipment...thata way i could play real rap...mafiosoradio.com.au is good but the site aint work anymore...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
In regards to Aquemini, listen to their flows on Skew it on the Bar-B. The first half of the album is awesome! (Maybe because I just can't get past them to listen to the second half)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
wallid said:
^^^ black or white singers

and hip hop jay z's number one, but whos number 2 and 3 under mtv's greatest mcs??

2 - 2pac
3 - biggie

gee tupacs really overrated ay, maybe in your fucked up eyes

trust me, the more you learn about the music the more you'll agree with me. 2Pac is overrated in MANY people's eyes...and i mean MANY. He is god in mainstream though, that's where you seem to belong, just another sheep in the herd.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
another good rapper no1 has mentioned from what i have seen is immortal technique.. his rhymes r tight.... especially in "dance with the devil"... very disturbing storyline though....

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
icraig88 said:
another good rapper no1 has mentioned from what i have seen is immortal technique.. his rhymes r tight.... especially in "dance with the devil"... very disturbing storyline though....
LOL. I kid you not, after months, I was listening to him today on the way to uni.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
hey hiphophooray123... r there any good clubs that play good hip hop/ rap on saturdays or thursday nites in sydney??? if so can u tell me plz im sik of fkn castle hill tavern on thursday nites... fkn pill poppers everywhere and like 1 hour of rnb/hip hop to 5 hours of house shit.... is greenwood anygood?? ive heard its not bad but the security are fukwits...

i have also another interesting rivalry with female hip hop/rap

Mary J Blige vs Lil Kim????

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
ud be hard pressed to find any clubs that play HIP HOP, maybe some indie clubs like purple sneakers @ abercrombie hotel on friday play some good hip hop but only a bit, they play a variety of genres, purple sneakers was at manning once last semester at uni and i remmeber they played 'im bad' by LL cool J and 'express yourself' by NWA, fkn awesome.

but if you dont mind the mainstream rnb/rap, 'home' is pretty good, 'docks hotel' is allright, its a leb/wog crowd but not as bad as it sounds i always have fun there. booty bar @ one world was good till they closed it down now i think booty bar is somewhere else.

ive heard really good things about XO @ hunter bar, cant remember which days its on though i think saturday night. Ive talked to the DJ a couple of times he lets me request stuff for him to play via email, even though i never end up going he still puts me on the guest list. Leon smith, cool dude, XO is alot of non-mainstream southern hip hop though so if you like a bit of 8ball & MJG, some T.I (even though his mainstream now but i love him :eek:), some three six mafia etc that's ur place.

greenwood is shit, shit crowd, its like they just turn on 96.1 and leave.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
hey yeah i go to docks all the time... big lebo crowd there sort of wrecks the atmosphere at times.... into more non-mainstream hip hop/rap like three six mafia, nas etc... but when im clubbing it doesnt really matter so much.... ill even praise 2pac when it comes on when im drunk enough.... i wouldnt mind trying hunter bar, sounds good to me... dnt ever go to a non-mainstream rnb/hip hop nite

do u think u could find out which night they play it... im pretty interested in this...

anyways who do u think:

mary j blige or lil kim??

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
both are average to me, mary i dont listen to her solo stuff much even though she comes with some gems sometimes like 'real love.' Lil kim i dont listen to much either but all her albums have been decent.

anyway i should go to sleep im seeing mobb deep at 7 30pm today wooooo

Last edited:
R

rada

ok first of all, why start a forum on who was the better rapper when your own views are so biased towards biggie? What's the point in starting a discussion when you refute everybody's views? Thought I better get that off my chest.
Anyway, my favorite rapper of all time is Tupac, the first song of his I heard was 'I wonder if heaven's got a ghetto' when i was 5. And if you want to know who was more meaningful, just listen to Brenda's Got a Baby and Part Time Mutha. (perhaps the guy whose post is above this can analyse those for us as well?)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
first off, this is a thread, not a forum.

2nd, if that 'bias' comment was directed towards me, i didn't start this thread.

3rd, biggie > 2pac

i refute everybody's views because, well, um, isn't that the point of an argument?

bye.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I really dont see how writing 'meaningful' songs makes you a good rapper. By that logic, i can go and write the most meaningful song in existence, do a shit (or at most average) job at rapping it and be called the greatest (which IMO is the case with pac)

dillian

HSC
Out of those two....biggie

but fuck those two

Big L, easily way better than both of those mc's

KRS, better than both of them

just because they sold records, doesnt mean they are dope mc's

the industrys fucked

R

rada

sorry mr hiphophoory sir, i didnt mean to offend, i kinda read the first page of this 'thread' and thought they were the most recent posts.... yeah well i actually meant the guy that started this whole topic was being biased (not you) ... come on, i'm new, i'm 15, give me a chance to make an ass of myself

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Just to clarify:
What is wrong with comercialized music? It obviously appeals to alot of people, I'm sure even the most 'underground' of you still like to listen to the pop stuff every now and then. It does kinda ruin a song to hear it constantly, or to know that morons are also listening to it, but surely when you first heard the song you could give it some props for sounding good?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Just to clarify:
What is wrong with comercialized music? It obviously appeals to alot of people, I'm sure even the most 'underground' of you still like to listen to the pop stuff ?

yeah they do, well i know i do. Maybe not the really poppy stuff like 50, chris brown and PCD but there is alot of good mainstream rappers and singers out there such as T.I and (sometimes) usher, anthony hamilton and jay-z

Not-That-Bright said:
, but surely when you first heard the song you could give it some props for sounding good?
providing that it is actually good, and 90% of the stuff that makes it over here on mainstream radio, is not good, not even the first time you hear it, because most of the time it's just a carbon copy of a previous hit trying to capitalise on the style that made the previous hit successful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)