• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Red Meat, we were meant to eat it!
mm I need to learn how to cook steaks

my mum makes lovely ones, however ironically she can't eat red meat at all :p

meat is also lovely if it's in gravy and potatoes, and has been left to simmer for like, the entire day... then it's so tender it basically melts in your mouth. Ooooohhhhh soooo good

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
La^mb - a fragrance for Spring rofl <3 that ad

definitely not vegetarian, closer to 'almost' because steak, beef, ribs, lamb are not my choice of food. maybe veal and chicken.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
ah you sound like my mum :) She can't stand red meat at all, but will eat white meat (including fish but excluding salmon)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
iambored said:
La^mb - a fragrance for Spring rofl <3 that ad

definitely not vegetarian, closer to 'almost' because steak, beef, ribs, lamb are not my choice of food. maybe veal and chicken.

i am a carnivore

im going to korean bbq tonight.. all u can eat meat hehehe lol

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
lol me too. i ate meat cuz i know i should, cuz meat=protein=(Y)
otherwise i'd be living on carbs cuz chocolate and bread is so much better than meat

iwannarock

HSC
clairegirl said:
i am a carnivore

im going to korean bbq tonight.. all u can eat meat hehehe lol
is that ken's korean bbq in carlingford?

i love that place.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
iwannarock said:
is that ken's korean bbq in carlingford?

i love that place.
nope its in north parramatta.. charcoalmine.

I just came from there.... ate soooooooo much..

all up i wouldn't go there again, probably because i was expecting so much more. Plus there's no desert, just crap hot watermelon and oranges.

I am unbelievably full though to the point it hurts :( ... i just spent an hour on the toilet lol

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The best one I've found was the one just out the front of Central station (Surry hills side)

HSC
N/A
yay I just got back from watching Beauty and the Beast :D

LUMIERE: "Say something about her dress!"
BEAST: (looks at Belle) "it's pink!!??!"

Breakfast:Slept through
Lunch: Butter chicken curry and some indian rice
Dinner: cheeseburger happy meal from maccas drive through on the way to the theatre :D
Dessert: Vanilla Bean gelato from the theatre. mmm yummy!

Study: nope

Exercise: was on the bike and did some exercises at physio. Once again, must wait till ankle is stronger till I can do some better stuff... hoping to be off crutches by the end of the weekend (so I can start teaching on tuesday!!!!!)

Last edited:

mserica

HSC
Okay its offical i need to stop the chocolate and focus!!! i seem to be staying the same weight even when i work out.. i knowi ts cause of the overdose in choccies i eat but im starting a strict plan of six days good food and one day bad!! that way it will be okay :)

I will let you know how long it lasts!! - need to get in shape for summer cause at the moment summer is basically here and I am not in shape ARGH

HSC
N/A
juLnHi said:
it looks like everyone been exercising more than they study. y can't i be like that? lol i study more than exercise :(
Heh. I would rather exercise than study. If someone told me they could guarentee a pass for all my exams if I could do 2hrs of exercise every single day, I'd leap at the offer :D

HSC
N/A
Breakfast: small slice of pizza
Lunch: Fish and chips
Dinner: spaghetti and bolognese

Study: Once again, nothing... probably should start stepping up the pace soon though.

Exercise: None :/ On the bright side, I'm kinda walking/hobbing around the house WITHOUT crutches and WITHOUT extensive ankle strapping or bandaging. Yay, goal of "I want to walk by the end of the week" seems to have been achieved...

New goal: I want to be able to teach and drive this week, and be able to dance by the end of the week (flamenco exam is on next Sunday).

Hopefully within the next few days I can start doing some barrework to help strengthen up the ankle... hopefully mid-week when it's strong enough to do most things, I can go back to a more normal exercise routine :D yay!

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
breakfast:ketoslim shake
breakfast2: full cream milk plus special k and sugar
lunch: ketoslim shake with an apple
dinner: seafood galore bbq'd.... crab, muscles and rice
dinner2: gourmet pizzas, peta bread, dips etc (at a party)

excercise: 10 mins of running

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
breakfast: bite of an apple
breakfast2: steak, steamed chicken and slice of multigrain bread ( i was dying for protein)
lunch: cheesecake from michelle's pa tissere' :\
lunch2: 2 cups of rice, fried eggplant, chinese take out
snack: ketoslim shake
dinner: skim milk, raw sugar and cornflakes

HOW very wrong of today...grrr!

Excercise: 500 calories aka 43 minutes crosstraining 10 mins weight traininng

Edit:

oh gosh

add a 2nd dinner to that list: rice and chicken and tub of yoghurt :\

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Girl, you're still eating healthier on a "bad day" than I do on a normal day :p

Breakfast: Banana bread with butter
Lunch: free sausage sandwich from the quad
Dinner: chicken and corn soup + rice

Study: I am resolved to either do some uni readings or continue more of my CUL202 work tonight.

Exercise: Had physio today - lots of releves. A slightly more hardcore exercise routine will start tomorrow, as I'm going back to work this week :)

Tabris

HSC
Our lecturer in charge for ECON201 made a proposition to the students

I give u 5 free marks if u can beat me in a pushup contest.....

from the looks of it, 100 straight pushups is probably needed. looks like lots of work before the contest in w13

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Today:

Breakfast: ketoshake vanilla
Lunch: can of tuna, heaps of salad no dressing, pieces of chicken and some sweet potato
Snack: half a glass of coke :s and an apple, 2 slices of cheese
Dinner: multigrain sandwich with tuna, slice of cheese and baby lettuce leaves
Snack (while on the floor)- bits of chocolate, equivalent to a bar of chocolate :s

excercise: none
study: none :\

HSC
N/A
Breakfast - slept through
Lunch - packet of crisps
Afternoon tea/early dinner - 3 big sushi rolls!!! hello screwed up metabolism

Study: None
Exercise: Just did some releves. Went to physio today, among various exercises had to go on this stepping machine and only use one foot, machine resistence pushed to max and OMG worked out quads like you wouldn't believe.

Weight is currently fluctuating between a kilo above and half a kilo below what I should be. I assume this is because I'm putting muscle back on/loosing some fat, but not steadily :p

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Breakfast - slept through
Lunch - packet of crisps
Afternoon tea/early dinner - 3 big sushi rolls!!! hello screwed up metabolism

Study: None
Exercise: Just did some releves. Went to physio today, among various exercises had to go on this stepping machine and only use one foot, machine resistence pushed to max and OMG worked out quads like you wouldn't believe.

Weight is currently fluctuating between a kilo above and half a kilo below what I should be. I assume this is because I'm putting muscle back on/loosing some fat, but not steadily :p
lol 3 big sushi rolls... thats not that bad you know in terms of calories and fats, i haven't worked out my quads in ages

Oh gosh i checked out this diary today called "busy women's diary" from kmart i want to get it, it has calorie estimates of nearly every single food!

it also said that im still 4kgs overweight, damnnit! ... how come the internet says im only 1.8kg over the healthy weight range but this stupid fantastic diary says im 4kgs overweight lol damnit !

i've been such a wankering idiot ...... eating soo much bad food ... im turning 21 so there's 21st pretty much every week and i've been overindulging in everything :(

HSC
N/A
Bah. I don't trust "scales" of overweight/healthy, there's just too much variation they don't consider :(

I guess it doesn't matter what scale you use though, so long as you can clock your progress and have a specific goal to work towards, it's good :)

3 big sushi rolls in one go is big for me :/ Normally 2 fill me up for a few hours... and I just ate the fourth one lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)