• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
bscienceboi said:
I've got a spare unused one.

Exactly the same as this (same colour): http://cgi.ebay.com.au/UNISEX-ADULT...goryZ310QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm finding this thread quite interesting. Mainly due to the consistancy and effort to post and remember what you have eaten daily but then I read what you people eat breakfast/brunch/lunch/snacks/dinner/more snacks, I question the title of the thread.
heh

smaller frequent meals = better metabolism ;)

Besides, we're making progress. First we develop awareness, then we develop initiative to make changes, then we make smallllll changes ;)

although I do think that until recently (injury and holidays, heh) I've improved diet and exercise since joining the thread :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah I've definitely improved my sleeping habit (actually sleeping nowdays), diet (actually consciously knowing what is good/bad, actually choosing the healthy option...we'll get to that eventually :p) and my memory skills (usually...)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
yehh that and the fact that ur stomach is pretty small. like i can't eat a whole meal at a time. 5 small meals are better than 3 big :) ... although who really has time? so i jsut go hungry a lot =| and kinda eat heaps at night =| =|

how'd you improve ur memory skills? that's what i need! lol

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Sleep = memory.

If you saw me before, I'd have bad bags under my eyes and be lethargic and quite bad at memory/energy levels.

I've had quite a good habit of 12-8am sleeps now, and I'm feeling much better for it :)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
yay for sleep :) i've been sleeping so much lately and have been feeling so shit for it lol

but thast coz of too much sleep

HSC
N/A
sleep is gooooood

I think I had 2 1/2 hours in my car this morning. So, so good.

In other news, fooding over the last two days has been a combination of somewhat healthy but in too big a quantity, or happy healthy Thai food in appropriate quantity. *pats tummy*

Mum's bringing back some Tiramisu again tonight though, so byebye healthy eating :D Lynny's turn to have cake for dinner, whoo!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
day started off well but a friend of mine rang "Anne, I'm on my way to yours, I have to eat and i don't want to eat by myself, so i'm picking u up, my shout.. bye"

Breakfast: nutri grain with low GI soy milk
Lunch: cup of white rice, boiled egg and fish stuff

2nd lunch because my friend is crap: mexican nacho's, some of my friend's kebab meat and her chips, cheesecake from michelle's patisserrie's

Dinner: woul rather have none because of all the crap i've eaten today but if i get hungry i'll eat some yoghurt

excercise: none
study: none yet, assignment due tommorow that i must start :p

HSC
N/A
My day also started well. However it is getting EXTREMELY progressively worse.

Breakfast: Leftover thai, in bed! (so nice, and healthy too)
Lunch: More thai, but not in bed (still very nice and healthy)
Dinner: Butter chicken curry + rice (still ok)
Dessert: 1 1/2 BIG SLICES OF TIRAMISU

half a slice is still on the plate. I'm totally stuffed and the thought of finishing it makes me feel sick.

I feel bad leaving food on the plate though :(

What to dooooooooooooooooooooo?

Oh and I'll probably have more Thai food for supper :D

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i have food poisoning! ... i think. my tummy's going rowrl after like one bite of anything and im in pain and i want to sleeeeep!
i had a test today and all i could do yesterday was sleep so grr! this happened last time i had my mktg test too. today i ate:

11:30am : abt 1/3 sandwhich
2pm: another 1/3 sandwhich (lol 3rd cuz they were cut in half and i didn't finish it either time)
5pm: a few bites of a chicken roll
7pm: cappucino
10pm: a few more bites lol, + i picked at my brother's noodles... and i threw out the rest of the chicken roll.
now my tummy is going rowl again and i wanna throw up. grrr.

i'm the opposite of you glitter. i don't care when i leave food on my plate or throw it out.

HSC
N/A
I wish I was less neurotic about little things like that, I normally force myself to have small servings so I don't fall into trap of feeling I need to force-feed myself when full...

aww I hope you feel better soon pb :( take it easy! Maybe it's just stress? If you're feeling queasy stick to dry foods like toast, and avoid dairy :)

AsyLum said:
Have I ever told you I hate you
haha

Mum's buying back lots of food 'coz she's too sick to cook (and I can't/don't/no idea how to cook). Right now, there's lots of lynny running around the house fetching plates of food/hot chocolate/tissues/warm water at the moment lol, although I guess it's payback for when I was immobilised and they had to do it for me :p

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
glitterfairy said:
I wish I was less neurotic about little things like that, I normally force myself to have small servings so I don't fall into trap of feeling I need to force-feed myself when full...

aww I hope you feel better soon pb :( take it easy! Maybe it's just stress? If you're feeling queasy stick to dry foods like toast, and avoid dairy :)

haha

Mum's buying back lots of food 'coz she's too sick to cook (and I can't/don't/no idea how to cook). Right now, there's lots of lynny running around the house fetching plates of food/hot chocolate/tissues/warm water at the moment lol, although I guess it's payback for when I was immobilised and they had to do it for me :p
lol yeh i used to care about leaving food on my plate too, but now i often feel guilty if i do ... unless it's a real small portion.

lol at least you can eat whatever you want and there's hot chocolate in there =D haha

HSC
N/A
Death to all unruly children.

seven kids going NUTS (one of them was sitting out due to injury, thank god), no assistant. Lost my voice halfway through my "shift", still had two classes more to go!

Gah. Have never been this close to bursting into tears at work. It's days like today where I think "holy cow this is the worst and most unappreciated job in the whole world, I should just go into retail"

*sigh*

currently eating rice porridge with meat in it... not sure if I ate lunch. Had a smoked salmon sushi roll for breakfast.

HSC
N/A
My Astro:

Even if youre running out of patience (especially but not only at work) try to take it easy. You absorb more than normal from those around you. Take care you dont find get entangled in someone elses problems. You are the one in need of extra TLC. An indulgent treat lets you know youre worth it. Even if you cant get what you want out of others, you do have the resources to spoil yourself.
Oh yes. Yes yes yes.

Lynn just discovered a chocolate stash (Roses, plus some rather fine hand-made chocolates). Tonight just got one hell of a lot brighter.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
breakfast: ketoslim shake and an apple
snack: apple and slice of cheese
lunch: multigrain sandwich with steamed chicken, lettuce, cheese
snack: apple
dinner1: multigrain sandwich with lettuce, steamed chicken and cheese
dinner2: subway sandwich, one and a half cookies and chocolate sunday from maccas.

healthier than yesterday but i ruined it with too many servings of fruit, sunday and more healthy food than what my body actually needed

study: some

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
today:

Breakfast: rice and chicken
snack: apple, half a cookie from subway
lunch: multigrain sandwich with tuna, lettuce, low fat cheese
dinner: rice and chicken
snack:extremely unhealthy portion of jellybeans, 7 marshmellows

too much rice and carbs and too much sugar :(

study: none

HSC
N/A
ah, me has been eating quite badly.

Breakfast: slept through
Lunch: some Thai
snack 1: FULL SERVING of rice porridge + meat
Dinner 1: full serving of gnocci
dinner 2: another full serving of gnocci :/

Study: none, even though there's a stupid test tomorrow
Exercise: did some high kick practice

Little wonder I've put on a kilo :/ eep!

In other news: Lynny Wants To Be A Cat! - Day 1
With Willoughby's "Cats" auditions coming up next month, it's time to finally knuckle down and REALLY get into shape. I gotta be able to do high kicks, to spin and to do good jete's. Stretching and strengthening must occur on a regular basis!!! As jumps are expected in the audition, ankle healing re-hab must also be pushed up up up and forward forward forward! Singing practice would also be good. COME ON GIRL YOU GOT MOTIVATION NOW!

Singing: Did some singing today (not enough, but voice is sore/was basically lost yesterday)
Strengthening: did some ankle exercises
Stretching: Did some hamstring and adductor stretches

Meow Meter: 1/10 (one point for effort, but need to do more! of everything! and more often!)

HSC
N/A
if you think THAT'S bad, just you wait... dance auditions aren't till Nov 30th. And I'm going to get bored by then if I don't make minor changes every now and again :p

HSC
N/A
Lynny wants to be a cat - day 2

Breakfast: Bacon and egg mcmuffin and hash brown
Lunch: Orange and poppyseed muffin (only the tops are good :( )
Afternoon tea: Some rice noodle stir fry thing
Dinner: Ham steak + mashed potato

Study: none, but did an arts200 test today?
Exercise: 8 mins dancing on the spot + some releves

Singing: Voice is still hoarse. Waiting for it to get better.
Stretching: Stretched for about 20 mins and concentrated on calves/hamstrings, owwies (mostly ego-related ones). Stretching for the first time in a long time is so depressing, because you realise how crap you've become :( Just so long as it gets better from here on...
Strengthening: Did a little pilates workout

Meow Meter: 4/10 (1 for effort + 2 for stretching + 1 for strengthening)

EDIT: Ok, add some more rice noodles to fooding :( it's been at least 5 hours since dinner, me hungry.......!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)