• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (2 Viewers)

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
breakfast: toast and cereal
lunch: pasta
dinner: chicken schnitzel
snack: hot chocolate and banana cake (ha ha, i always bring and eat it in my ling216 tute!)

Kegs

HSC
glitterfairy said:
yummm banana cake! Is it like banana bread?
Bread is denser, good for toasting. Cake sometimes has icing, with nutmeg sprinkled on top.

HSC
N/A
hahaha

I try not to do the whole "diet" thing. Both my mind and my body can't take on a lot of new things at once without crashing/burning, so it's just a matter of making many small changes over a long period :) Think less about certain foods you're going to restrict from d/m/yy, and more about permenant life changes you're going to make :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I try not to do the diet thing, cos I can't resist good food

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i try not to do the diet thing cuz i can't. i always go against what my head says. like i say no chocolate and just when i think it i'll end up eating 5. when i say eat less, i eat more. i have no discipline but yeh. i want to! but i can't, so the more i want to lose weight, the more i gain ... so i'm gaining a lot =/ but i think atm its a lot of fluid retention cuz my face went puffy overnight!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I think its ludicrous to deny the oppurtunity to indulge in good food, a crime it is to not live life :)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
awww i miss you guys!

my apologies i know i haven't been posting much, i've been so so busy :(

its great to know u guys are still keeping things up... lol i see we're going through a lot of indulgences these past few days, judging from the posts hehe well put simply so have i :p in the past few days i've had maccas, krispy cremes, cheesecake, heaps of processed etc hehe

but i havn't put anything on! :D yayy

i tried the pink tim tams because u guys were talking about them hehe, they're gross!!
i expected the outside to be pink tooo.. i was soo excited... what a let down :(

glitter im sorry to hear about your ankle :( i hope it gets better honey
pb i swear all ur posts just crack me up
everyone- i shall be posting sporadically from now on, im just not disciplined anymore to write every single measily thing i do and eat anymore, i probably should i am still about 4kg away from my goal before mexico and now 1.8kg away from my initial goal.. there's still work to do but i guess im happy to do it slowly and about 9.8kgs away from my ideal ideal ideal weight

Anne

HSC
N/A
Crutches + uni = suckiness. Many thanks to all people who helped me out today - much appreciated! :)

Breakfast: Skipped. Was going to get a roll and a newspaper from the Quarry, but I kinda almost fell down the stairs on my way there so decided to give it a miss :/
Lunch: grabbed an orange and poppyseed muffin from the Coffee Cart. yum yum. Ate 2/3 of it before feeling full (those muffins are huge!)
Dinner: Butter chicken curry, rice and naan

Study: N/A

Exercise: My arms are totally caning from the crutches :( I'm totally exhausted from going around uni today... haven't felt this tired in a long time!should sleep, but am feeling rebellious :( yawnyawnyawn at the computer screen...

Oh. And I HATE stairs. Just so you all know.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Breakfast: 2 Slices of Toast
Lunch: Chicken burger + chips + coke
Dinner: ...shit I knew I forgot something

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
breakfast: muesli with soy milk
lunch: a whoolle chicken roll (i usually eat half)
snack: apple and guava juice
dinner: some thai thing... spinach noodles with oyster sauce + like 1/2 curry puff, 1/2 sring roll

exercise: :(
study: :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Dinner: BBQ Pork Bun + 5 spanish salami devoured

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
spanish salami... that sounds interesting. i intend on working my way through all of the cold meats at the deli one day. edit: googled it and haha that's one i can already cross off

breakfast: weetbix with apricots
lunch: bread roll with olives/pancetta/cheese, (left over/ very small!) lasagne,
dinner: meat with tomato/mushrooms/shallots (i don't know the name of anything)
snacks: carrots, philadelphia, strawberry milkshake, chocolate, olives, home made pizza, muffin

study: bits of lectures but i'm very happy to be so close to being up to date
exercise: a few hours walking

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
ohhh lasagne

if I was more awake, I'd totally be up for some red meat right now... (everyone know the feeling when you just want to sink your teeth into some meat? maybe I'm low on protein and this is my body's reaction rofl)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
ohhh lasagne

if I was more awake, I'd totally be up for some red meat right now... (everyone know the feeling when you just want to sink your teeth into some meat? maybe I'm low on protein and this is my body's reaction rofl)
For any red-blooded, sport loving, beer drinking male... thats every waking moment! And dreaming about lamb and ribs in our sleeps!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
haha i can't think of anything worse. i eat meat because i should (and about once a fortnight i might actually feel like it)

HSC
N/A
mmm and beef wellington

much, much love for beef wellington

aside from the butter chicken, I think the closest thing to "meat" we have in my house at the moment is ham :/ that won't work well for meat cravings, now will it...

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
haha i can't think of anything worse. i eat meat because i should (and about once a fortnight i might actually feel like it)
oooh, vegetarian are you? (or "almost" vegetarian?)

I think you can still get protein and iron from mushrooms, if you like those :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)