The complexity of Belonging. (1 Viewer)

kara42

HSC
Hi,
I had to write an essay on the complexity of Belonging, and my teacher said that I need a strong conclusion that says something about the complexity of Belonging.

Please suggest some things to include in my conclusion as I am really stuck!

Thanks.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
One can belong or not belong.

One may be content with belonging whilst others will be content with not belonging.

People can feel a sense of belonging to different groups/cultures/people/activities.

One can go from not belonging to belonging through the gaining of knowledge/acccepting differences.

Pick some random aspect eitehr above or that you've done and just reinforce it in your conclusion :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Here's my introduction - perhaps you might glean some phrases that you might wanna put in your conclusion:

A sense of belonging is a critical component of one’s being. The connections made with others and the larger world are affected by both internal and external influences. One person’s sense of belonging is not that of another, for perceptions of belonging vary even within icons of belonging such as families, countries and tribes. Such perceptions change over time because of the influence of socio cultural contexts and historical heritage. It is this complexity of the transformative and paradoxical nature of belonging that is the thematic focus of Peter Skrzynecki’s poems, Feliks Skrzynecki, In The Folk Museum and Postcard, which provides a means of portraying the psychological impact of the migrant experience, consisting of a multiplicity of response as opposed to simply the positive attributes and the consequences of belonging. This idea if furthered in Chinua Achebe's novel Things Fall Apart, and John Ford’s 1940 film Grapes of Wrath. These texts explore the significance and inevitable effect of context upon a sense of self; however, more importantly stress the ambivalent nature of belonging, and how the process can produce a dualistic response.

Top Secret

HSC
Here's my introduction - perhaps you might glean some phrases that you might wanna put in your conclusion:

A sense of belonging is a critical component of one’s being. The connections made with others and the larger world are affected by both internal and external influences. One person’s sense of belonging is not that of another, for perceptions of belonging vary even within icons of belonging such as families, countries and tribes. Such perceptions change over time because of the influence of socio cultural contexts and historical heritage. It is this complexity of the transformative and paradoxical nature of belonging that is the thematic focus of Peter Skrzynecki’s poems, Feliks Skrzynecki, In The Folk Museum and Postcard, which provides a means of portraying the psychological impact of the migrant experience, consisting of a multiplicity of response as opposed to simply the positive attributes and the consequences of belonging. This idea if furthered in Chinua Achebe's novel Things Fall Apart, and John Ford’s 1940 film Grapes of Wrath. These texts explore the significance and inevitable effect of context upon a sense of self; however, more importantly stress the ambivalent nature of belonging, and how the process can produce a dualistic response.
Quite long...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)