The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
guys

whoever is like service manager or close to or whatever

is it a big deal if one of your staff wears black skinny jeans in place of ugly, polyester, flared pants?
i get told off all the time for it.
i refuse to spend like 50 bux on a pair of shit pants.
i don't even want to own them

AppleNader

HSC
housah0lic said:
guys

whoever is like service manager or close to or whatever

is it a big deal if one of your staff wears black skinny jeans in place of ugly, polyester, flared pants?
i get told off all the time for it.
i refuse to spend like 50 bux on a pair of shit pants.
i don't even want to own them

It's the required uniform. Coles always has clients and area managers visiting their stores and they are very pedantic about this sort of thing.
Staff that are grossly out of uniform are considered a poor reflection on store management.

Have you been counselled over this?

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
lol for reals
yeh she tells me all the time

but they're black man
and they don't even look like jeans.
and i'm behind a damn counter.

oh well i'll buy a skirt

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
nah jeans looked sick with all leather chucks

bye bye, personal style :(

HSC
Oh I didn't mean that the skirt will look better than the jeans, I meant that the skirt will look better than the pants.
I was looking at my pants this morning, and thinking about how ugly and ill fitting they really were. Not really thought about it before.

steph753

HSC
Hey guys i have worked at coles for a bit over two years and im in deli. I just got a new dept manager and i am wanting to go part time. she said i will have to speak to the store manager about this. how do i go about asking to go from casual to part time?
any help would be greatly appreciated

jirwin

HSC
Hey has anyone else's store got the new close signs... well they arent close signs but little green cardboard signs that act as close signs that politely tell the customer to get lost we are closing lol. 'Let us serve you at another register' (or something like that). Much happier now :)

bdude

HSC
jirwin said:
Hey has anyone else's store got the new close signs... well they arent close signs but little green cardboard signs that act as close signs that politely tell the customer to get lost we are closing lol. 'Let us serve you at another register' (or something like that). Much happier now :)
Yeah they are kinda cute. Could be a little bigger though, I've had a few people not even notice they were there.

jirwin

HSC
yea they are kinda cute when i think about it. they arent the best quality/size etc but least they are better then nothing.

HSC
jirwin said:
Thats so ridiculous. As if a customer cares if the sign is polite, they're still pissed off that the register is closing.

H.P

HSC
the Recruitment process for Coles, is it all online or is there alternate route via the store level? I called up and all they said was go to the website.

also anyone else have the peculiar concept that you have two Coles about 500m away from each other? my local shopping Centre has dual Coles, one on either side.

HSC
H.P said:
the Recruitment process for Coles, is it all online or is there alternate route via the store level? I called up and all they said was go to the website.
Yes, totally online. I remember my local Coles having a sign up saying "Now hiring part time staff, visit the Service Desk for more information", yet they still directed me (quite rudely) to the internet only to find that there was no such ad available.

HSC
H.P said:
also anyone else have the peculiar concept that you have two Coles about 500m away from each other? my local shopping Centre has dual Coles, one on either side.
Theres a shopping centre near where I live that used to have a Coles and a BiLo across from one another, but now the BiLo has become a Coles, so there are TWO Coles stores directly across from each other in the same shopping centre.

bdude

HSC
Devonport, TAS used to have two coles one the same street.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
bdude said:
Devonport, TAS used to have two coles one the same street.
How incredibly pointless, as if you would bother, you think they would convert one of them to some other store, like target, K-mart or Bi-lo and leave everyone employed there.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Where I live, there was a coles at the bottom of the hill, and 1km up the hill was BiLO. Now its coles and the ex-Bilo store is doing sooooo bad apparently, and staff are losing hours cause Bilo was gone. Part of reason Coles Group stopped overtaking Bilo stores.

H.P

HSC
speaking of which, what actually 'happened' to Bi-Lo?

bdude

HSC
How incredibly pointless, as if you would bother, you think they would convert one of them to some other store, like target, K-mart or Bi-lo and leave everyone employed there.
They ended up selling the land back to the Council, and what have the Council done so far with this prime watefront real esatate? Turned it into a carpark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)