The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
bdude said:
We got these to wear:
Are you.......... really male?
You've got like really nice big shiny nails which are actually cut properly..

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
ok, i have a question that is possibly too generic for this thread

im trying to get a second job and im wondering if i can put my manager as a referee on my resume without asking her first? are current employers obliged to be referees? i just feel a bit weird because she came after i was hired and i've barely ever had a conversation with her as she's hardly ever there when i am. also i get the feeling she doesn't particularly like me and im not sure she'd feel the need to say nice things about me. BUT i need referees! what to do, what to do?

bdude

HSC
CieL said:
Are you.......... really male?
You've got like really nice big shiny nails which are actually cut properly..
That gave me the biggest laugh of the day! I have the worst nails ever, the one in the pic is probably my only decent one and the low-res of my webcam actually makes it look pretty good.

greekgun

HSC
Y all u guys complaining about the xmas stuff we have to wear. The xmas tshirts are way better then those shirts we usually have to wear.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i love it how Coles has stolen Woolworth's christmas line of "All the best for christmas"

mitch179

HSC
greekgun said:
Townie, y on earth are u promoting woolies in ur sig???
Why are you promoting (negatively, but still promoting) Coles in your avatar?

jirwin

HSC
The Christmas shirts are huge (as someone else has said). We didnt get to choose our sizes - just handed them to us - I got a M and it swims on me. I'm hoping to swap the sizes tomorrow but don't know my chance - plus I didn't get any hours next week (they reduced the hours and what hours there were went to the new casuals.) and I go away in a week so not like I need the shirt anyway - I have a hat too :(

greekgun

HSC
mitch179 said:
Why are you promoting (negatively, but still promoting) Coles in your avatar?
Because i hate my employers very very much - like many other Australians.

Furbob

HSC
Sorry if this has been asked before but,
I just applied online 3 hrs ago for casual work at Coles (I'm 15yo if that's a factor) and how long does it usually take 'till they get back to you?

One of my friends told me his friend waited a year to get into Coles, that doesn't sound too good :(

Dr. Oyster

HSC
Furbob said:
Sorry if this has been asked before but,
I just applied online 3 hrs ago for casual work at Coles (I'm 15yo if that's a factor) and how long does it usually take 'till they get back to you?

One of my friends told me his friend waited a year to get into Coles, that doesn't sound too good :(
I'm still waitin after 2 months.

May have to give the store a call.

Furbob

HSC
Dr. Oyster said:
I'm still waitin after 2 months.

May have to give the store a call.
oh, in the email they sent to me after applying - it says

If we have not matched you to a vacancy within the next 6 weeks, you will receive an email reminder requesting that you reactivate your account

So there's a 6-week tops to finding a spot or else try again :eek:

HSC
Yeah, December probably isn't the best time to apply either - lots of HSC leavers, school ppl and uni ppl on holidays to compete with

I think we will probably waiting a long time for a reply...if one comes at all :(

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I am curious of how much my mangager earns, so how much does a Coles Fulltime Department Manager earn????? 45k??

greekgun

HSC
milocole said:
I am curious of how much my mangager earns, so how much does a Coles Fulltime Department Manager earn????? 45k??
Im not too sure but i was talking to the department mangaer last week and just talking about rates and pay and stuff and he said that he gets a fixed amount.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
greekgun said:
Im not too sure but i was talking to the department mangaer last week and just talking about rates and pay and stuff and he said that he gets a fixed amount.
Yeah, they are on a full-time Salary, but just interested to see....

bdude

HSC
I had the weirdest, most WTF situation today.

A guy came through with a You'll Love Coles ham that had a $15.56 Woolworths sticker placed over the top of the Coles one.

Once I pointed it out he quite quickly left the store, leaving me holding this huge-ass ham.

Like C'mon, if you're trying to get away with a ham for $15 you could've at least tried swapping a Coles sticker onto it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)