The 2004 HSC - Mathematics Paper (1 Viewer)

jess450

HSC
imperfek said:
lolz @ evry1 whos seems to b all pissy at BOS. Open ur eyes, n get over it. the exam is 'tricky' cos u didnt do enuff past papers to c how BOS works; y feel sorry for future students when they hav more time to learn the ways of BOS; y feel sorry for urself or for others wen u can step bak look at the bigger picture n realise that screwing up in the HSC isnt the end of the world, cos if u want sumfink enuff, n the HSC dusnt get it for u, ull find other ways to get thru.

im not sayin i think it was the shit easiest thing in the world, cos quite frankly i hate maths, but my point is dont try placing blame, cos not only r u mis-placing it, theres no point in doing it....

^iMPerFek AnJeL^
well thanks for laughing in my face but i'm sure you can understand on a certain level the stress the HSC brings with it but i never said oh my god i failed maths my life is over i said i tried hard and felt like i didn't have the oppurtunity to show what i was capable of. I studied hard really hard and did every past paper under the sun and i was used to the BOS style questions but it doesn't mean i like them so if you feel you did well congratualtions but i found it difficult and some of us have to try twice as hard to achieve a level which you find easy so don't patronise me or laugh in my face cause it was a fucking hard exam alright.

D_A

captain obvious.
HSC
jess450 said:
well thanks for laughing in my face but i'm sure you can understand on a certain level the stress the HSC brings with it but i never said oh my god i failed maths my life is over i said i tried hard and felt like i didn't have the oppurtunity to show what i was capable of. I studied hard really hard and did every past paper under the sun and i was used to the BOS style questions but it doesn't mean i like them so if you feel you did well congratualtions but i found it difficult and some of us have to try twice as hard to achieve a level which you find easy so don't patronise me or laugh in my face cause it was a fucking hard exam alright.
The thing is Jess, it's over. Gone. Whatever you do, cry, chew, spit or bite your next door neighbour, it won't do any good. A 2U maths exam that you didn't do the best in doesn't mean its the end of the world, as long as you work hard and practise you -will- succeed in life. I know it feels bad screwing up an exam because with it comes all the disappointments and anger, but what is the point? Why not spend the emotions and time stressing over a past exam on an upcoming exam? I personally think I only got around 80%, I was aiming for 90%+ because I'm a 3U student. Heck, just don't let one bad exam ruin the entire thing hun. =)

imperfek_anjel

jess450 said:

well i wasnt tryna patronise u, n i wasnt laughing at u in particular or nefing, just in general cos others were errm pissed off bout the paper too. n if u studied really then b proud of it, n noe that u did the best u can do at the time of the exam, cos really thats the only think ne1 can do. n if u dun think u showed them everythin u were capable of, then noe it, n realise that evry1 dusnt noe everything n evry1 makes mistakes. i didnt say i thought i did well, n i wasnt tryna put ne1 else down for trying their best. i was simply saying that theres no point in placing blame or getting worked up bout sumfink so much.. i didnt mean to offend u

^iMPerFek AnJeL^

SharkBait

HSC
nah, question 8 was aiite....it was mainly question 10. shitass......pissed me off. AND there was a question in question 2 (!!!!!!) that i couldn't do. it turned out (and i found out AFTER the exam) that i misread the f******* question!
btw, just outta interest, what schools are you guys from?

annk

slammindas said:
ey wat did every1 get for the shaded area of question 8 b
i got a nice round 30 for my answer and i was thinking hey...this must be right!

ncsf5

I reckon the 2u wasn't too bad, except I lost 5 marks through running out of time.
NOW 3U, well I really ran out of time there, now I can't get above 60% raw.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Sorry for the late update, and thanks to those who posted the paper.

bevstarrunner

Maths Nut
HSC
annk said:
i got a nice round 30 for my answer and i was thinking hey...this must be right!
27 was the shaded area
18 was the unshaded area under the line

pukkatukka

galoomp
HSC
yay i failed
and truly couldnt give a shit about it... wont count anyway
no more maths for me

psych_girl

HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)