The 2004 HSC - Mathematics Paper (1 Viewer)

Owyn

HSC
I want me a raw mark of 90 % or better :( however i think i fucked up to many easy questions. Hopefuly everyone else did really bad(except of course the person reading this who is my friend) then i'll get aligned nicely :)

Delshah

lol

adrianp said:
FUCKERN SHITHOUSE
I HATE MATHS AND I HATE THE BOS SO FUCK THEM ALL!

phew.. never have to do this shit again!
HAHA, AFTER I FINISHED THAT Maths 2004 paper ,i felt like grabbing a gun and walking into the BOS and shooting them all haha. I promise i was swearing like hell!

Questions 1-5 are ok, Not EASY like most papers, There Ok meaning you could probably or most likely get something wrong...then question 6 and 7 where it comes harder but Humans can still answer 6 and 7....Then comes the rest from 8,9,10! Bloody bullcrap, yah i felt like doing some crazy shit after the exam, BOS shouldn't do that lol..increase suicide attempts :p. Man Chemistry was easier than the maths!

Stuff Maths! wish i did GENERAL ++++++ MATHS.

MATE THE INDUSTRY IS PUNKED!!!
You Study from 1990 to 2003, Success Books, you do so much studying then fuck up in the end.

Yah thats right BOS, whats the little business secret? to make money from students with other Multi Huge Business who sell books and tutouring guides.

Thats all it is, just a little scheme to make a living, Same with University even though im going there..... close to $16,000 a semester meaning if you do 6 years in Uni you'd be paying off approx 96,000 to the Hex Scheme ..thats pathetic.

Its all About business and money , because the industry is Punked! Lets just publish a few other papers and make a contract with EXCEL , and other Huge book companies. We as students use them as resources.......there beneficial in some instances but at the end of the day we do the HSC, get stuffed up like this HARD MATHS 2U exam, and BOS and Co-partners make themselves Money.

How about the RET Test for UWS, I didn't do it , but when i look at my friends and other people who have no chance into UNI, i feel sorry for them. They fail their RET exam, and pay $130 or something.... Nice investment.

Thats my say, people have different opinions, Heres mine... and it wont change, cause i definately dont like this Educational SCHEME!

The industry is punked. (tech Nine :p)

I'm Not crying i know im getting into Uni, but yah i do feel sorry for the people who study and dont get a high mark, because their potential doesn't meet the requirements... I know some of the people who are in my level going to Uni, don't really care about others that feel bad and end up going to Tafe....well i dont care about me, i feel sorry for my friends who studied and got like 55%. How would you feel if you bought Success books, Excels....then ended up failing..? Yah i think its really degrading. Does the BOS have any special scheme for those students? or is their future in tafe....

Del

Last edited:

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
well i thought the exam wasnt too bad!! i was quite happy, hopefully with a mark of around 80%? thats good for me!

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Delshah said:
HAHA, AFTER I FINISHED THAT Maths 2004 paper ,i felt like grabbing a gun and walking into the BOS and shooting them all haha. I promise i was swearing like hell!

Questions 1-5 are ok, Not EASY like most papers, There Ok meaning you could probably or most likely get something wrong...then question 6 and 7 where it comes harder but Humans can still answer 6 and 7....Then comes the rest from 8,9,10! Bloody bullcrap, yah i felt like doing some crazy shit after the exam, BOS shouldn't do that lol..increase suicide attempts :p. Man Chemistry was easier than the maths!

Stuff Maths! wish i did GENERAL ++++++ MATHS.

MATE THE INDUSTRY IS PUNKED!!!
You Study from 1990 to 2003, Success Books, you do so much studying then fuck up in the end.

Yah thats right BOS, whats the little business secret? to make money from students with other Multi Huge Business who sell books and tutouring guides.

Thats all it is, just a little scheme to make a living, Same with University even though im going there..... close to $16,000 a semester meaning if you do 6 years in Uni you'd be paying off approx 96,000 to the Hex Scheme ..thats pathetic.

Its all About business and money , because the industry is Punked! Lets just publish a few other papers and make a contract with EXCEL , and other Huge book companies. We as students use them as resources.......there beneficial in some instances but at the end of the day we do the HSC, get stuffed up like this HARD MATHS 2U exam, and BOS and Co-partners make themselves Money.

How about the RET Test for UWS, I didn't do it , but when i look at my friends and other people who have no chance into UNI, i feel sorry for them. They fail their RET exam, and pay $130 or something.... Nice investment.

Thats my say, people have different opinions, Heres mine... and it wont change, cause i definately dont like this Educational SCHEME!

The industry is punked. (tech Nine :p)

I'm Not crying i know im getting into Uni, but yah i do feel sorry for the people who study and dont get a high mark, because their potential doesn't meet the requirements... I know some of the people who are in my level going to Uni, don't really care about others that feel bad and end up going to Tafe....well i dont care about me, i feel sorry for my friends who studied and got like 55%. How would you feel if you bought Success books, Excels....then ended up failing..? Yah i think its really degrading. Does the BOS have any special scheme for those students? or is their future in tafe....

Del

Someone is pissed...I DONT BLAME YOU. :rolleyes:

choc-chip

HSC
i agree

mizz_smee said:
bettet then last years
q 10 was actually quite doable
but i still didn't attempt the last 3...guess wat.. i was sort of freaked out while i realised it worths 4 marks..!!

choc-chip

HSC
bloody maths ruined my UAI!

Del mite! i'm wif ya.u made such a wise word..

Sammy_b

HSC
It certainly wasn't an easy paper. I know I lost at least 5 marks. But i didn't get time to check, so prolly i lost more.
btw, Whatever some people might say, it was definitely better than last year's. (i repeated this year cos i accelerated last year). But last year i know i lost around 15 marks and then my final mark was 95. ....hopefully they'll scale the marks up again this year.

DeadFish

The test had some aspects that was harder than previous years, but it was definitely easier than last year's paper.I'm capped at around 114/120 but I took a slower approach than usual, and answered the rest with some confidence so I'm hoping for about 107-110/120, which would get aligned pretty nicely (i'm hoping for 95% or so).

Part a) of q10 seriously didn't belong there. I couldn't believe how easy it was. Part b) iii) was a definite algebraic nightmare but once I got a few lines started, it wasn't too bad.

They gave the uber-hard time payment questions a rest this time, which made the test a LOT easier.

Seriously, don't worry too much if it seemed too difficult. That's where aligning steps in ;)

slavegirl

HSC
Willmaker said:
What I did was find the probability of you getting higher that 45 which ended up to be:

(1/6 x 1/6) x (1/6 x 1/6) x 2 - 5x5 then 5x5 or 5x5 then 5x4 is the only way you could get higher than 45 so I then went 1-(that answer) which ended up to be 647/648. Of course I could be wrong but thats the way I did it.

That's exactly what i did - hopefully we're both right!

jess450

HSC
hardest test ever

Well i came home and cried and i'm not a stress head or a sook but i was just so dissapointed that all the time and effort i put in not just in the weeks before the HSC but for the whole year has gone to waste because some of the questions in that paper were to put it bluntly completely fucked.

I have never seen so many blank faces walk out of an examination before and its all because everyone has tried so damn hard and then you give us this shit. I don't know how many years in a row its gonna take for students to complain repeatedly about the exams before you change your style.

I don't know why the mathematics coordinators at BOS think its so valid to trick students into fucking up their answers. I've done well all year in maths and i know its meant to be challenging but how the hell does putting a messy arse equation as the initiation of the question proving anything. Well i just want to say congratulations on another tricky arse exam you managed to fool most of us. I'm still to figure out what it is about you people that makes you think us students care how many obstacles you can put in a question you all must be so damn clever WOW i'm not feeling sorry for myself i feel sorry for future years comin through who are gonna be dealt the same shit i feel like you just ripped up my head and shit down my throat THANKS BOS!!!

idontgetit

HSC
If everyone screwed up, its ok, cause they'll scale it better... the thing I'm pissed about is that I labelled the probability questions wrong. Should be ok though

imperfek_anjel

lolz @ evry1 whos seems to b all pissy at BOS. Open ur eyes, n get over it. the exam is 'tricky' cos u didnt do enuff past papers to c how BOS works; y feel sorry for future students when they hav more time to learn the ways of BOS; y feel sorry for urself or for others wen u can step bak look at the bigger picture n realise that screwing up in the HSC isnt the end of the world, cos if u want sumfink enuff, n the HSC dusnt get it for u, ull find other ways to get thru.

im not sayin i think it was the shit easiest thing in the world, cos quite frankly i hate maths, but my point is dont try placing blame, cos not only r u mis-placing it, theres no point in doing it....

^iMPerFek AnJeL^

JeffGeha

I am missing Questions 1 & 2 but hope to have some worked
solutions for Q3-10 very soon. For my part I thought this year's
paper was a little easier than 2003 especially Q10!!

Check back soon!! All the best for 3-Unit Maths!!

cynical

Oh man.. It was an easyish paper but that makes it even worse when i know how badly I did!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)