The 2004 HSC - Mathematics Paper (1 Viewer)

miffytoki

HSC
SPED said:
It is 2 because that wil be a max stat pt in velocity and a max stat pt in velocity means it is a max distance in displacement rite?
i agree...max velocity is when acceleration is equal to zero (think pendulum)...this is cos acceleration is the rate of change in speed....and onsce velocity hits its maximum, there is no more change until it slows down again....i could be wring...but i reckon its t=2 for 9 b)i)

HSC
N/A
OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD.

Just looking at the paper again... at question 5) b)

I remember being (somehow) stuck on that question in the exam and I also remember my "particle first comes to rest" thing being really awkward.

Because for some reason in the world of spasticland I put the derivative of 1+3cos2t as

1-6cos2t

1!!!! DAMN THAT CURSED 1 THAT I LEFT IN THERE.
and hence my answers were all SCREWED and I didn't even think that my derivative was screwed. ARGH WHAT HAVE I DONE.

cheers_big_ears

miffytoki said:
i agree...max velocity is when acceleration is equal to zero (think pendulum)...this is cos acceleration is the rate of change in speed....and onsce velocity hits its maximum, there is no more change until it slows down again....i could be wring...but i reckon its t=2 for 9 b)i)
i agree
isnt distance travelled the area under a acceleration vs time graph?

thats how i got t=2

Shimtek

HSC
In general a good paper

It was easier than last years but there were some nasties as usual

10 b) wouldnt have been easy for most people (although i blanked for it :( - i remember it all now.. 2 hours too late)

most of question 8 was very hard, question 8 is usually easier so i was shocked.. i didnt get many marks for it

Managore

HSC
i) was 2, ii) was 4. When A=4, V has been reduced to 0 and when v=0, we have a turning point, aka a maximum.

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
i thought it was harder than last years..
i didnt finish so i got 5/12 for q10 :( which makes me sad coz i knew what i was doing
if i manage 90/120 for this paper i'd be over the moon

i dont like maths.

rumour

HSC
The Bograt said:
yeah I squared 36 to get the bottom number

i got 1295/1296
I got the same answer!

There wasn't any thing too hard in that test, so *hopefully* I'll get a good mark!!!

It was a good paper overall.

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
nicko04 said:
i agree
isnt distance travelled the area under a acceleration vs time graph?

thats how i got t=2
no distance travelled is area under a VELOCITY - time graph... learn ur physics :p

Managore

HSC
Should have had harder growth and decay, more probability and series and not as much geometry :( I still hope I get over 90%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)