The 2004 HSC - Mathematics Paper (1 Viewer)

TJ297

Willmaker said:
What I did was find the probability of you getting higher that 45 which ended up to be:

(1/6 x 1/6) x (1/6 x 1/6) x 2 - 5x5 then 5x5 or 5x5 then 5x4 is the only way you could get higher than 45 so I then went 1-(that answer) which ended up to be 647/648. Of course I could be wrong but thats the way I did it.
Thats waht i got...

HSC
N/A
Managore said:
9cii: No, you needed to acceleration to cancel out + with - , thus the time when velocity hit 0 again, and that was at 4=t
Forget what I said about me being good at maths.

Kinda worked out I was crap at maths when I don't even understand the question AFTER it's explained to me.

adrianp

FUCKERN SHITHOUSE
I HATE MATHS AND I HATE THE BOS SO FUCK THEM ALL!

phew.. never have to do this shit again!

J

jhakka

Willmaker said:
What I did was find the probability of you getting higher that 45 which ended up to be:

(1/6 x 1/6) x (1/6 x 1/6) x 2 - 5x5 then 5x5 or 5x5 then 5x4 is the only way you could get higher than 45 so I then went 1-(that answer) which ended up to be 647/648. Of course I could be wrong but thats the way I did it.
Ok, I got that wrong. :(

SPED

HSC
It is 2 because that wil be a max stat pt in velocity and a max stat pt in velocity means it is a max distance in displacement rite?

Dr Go-tech

Managore said:
9cii: No, you needed to acceleration to cancel out + with - , thus the time when velocity hit 0 again, and that was at 4=t
The particle is at a velocity of 0 at 3 though, isn't it?? I put 3, thinking this was right, coz after 3 the displacement decreases, therefore it travels back to the origin... doesn't it???

Overall, shit exam. Aced first 7, but where the hell did 8, 9, and 10 come from?? they were REDICULOUSLY hard!!! Much harder than previous years' exams

HSC
N/A
Managore said:
I'm a bad explainer. acm put it better. The answer, I promise you, is 4 (I put 2...)
Ahh wait, now I get it.
At the point x=4, the Area above and below the x-axis are equal and that's when Velocity = 0, right?

Bloody hell. I thought I was so clever for working out it was "3".

miffytoki

HSC
Willmaker said:

i can't remember what i got...but i did it the same way and got some awful number like that....i actually wrote out all the possible solutions in a grid

Shimtek

HSC
im pretty happy with it, if i get 70% ill be w00ting
but i reckon i'll get in the 60's

answered atleast 80% of it and most of them very confidently

I guess it helps to be relaxed a little which i was although i didnt forget a bit of my cram from last night especially vertex etc.

the vertex/directrix question is the one thats really gonna kill me

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
yeah that wasnt too bad, wat u all complaining about it was easier then last years test. most of it was REALLY easy with the exception of a few trickier ones near the end. i answered it all except the last part of the last question.. 10.b) iv. which was only 2 marks so other then that im confident at getting most right... i hope!

Shimtek

HSC
ShatteredDreams said:
Ahh wait, now I get it.
At the point x=4, the Area above and below the x-axis are equal and that's when Velocity = 0, right?

Bloody hell. I thought I was so clever for working out it was "3".
it was 4

cos0 = 1 , 1+3(1) = 4

if i remember correctly

i dont know if i got this one right though

i ended up crap answers for pi/2 and pi like 2.99 for each and in the end skipped part of it, picked up most of the marks though i reckon

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
superbird said:
lol i didnt study vertex's or directix's :D
u didnt need to study the directrix stuff. it gave u the coordinates of C down the bottom, so u just use the y coordinate of C and then that line thru there is the directrix.... very simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)