• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

that crazy thing called romance (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
My ex-boyfriend would have all his friends around at my house and they'd drink all my good wine and then break my television, use the kitchen sink as a toilet and get taken away by cops.

...Does that count?

PS. Latvia enough already! If you have to go through minute explanations/translations of all the vague, etherial imagery you post, maybe it is time to take the highly unsubtle hint and tone it down a notch.

FeelBare

HSC
ElGronko you funny cunt, just let her/him/them be.

People in "love are often blinded by the shimmer of excitement, mystery and elated masks of passion. When lovers have exceeded this liquid 'gate' of lust and proceeded into an atmosphere where both enjoy the scenery and the elegant touch of wind (or something as simple as that), it could imply that you are not fooled by the lust that is often embedded in (or overlapped with) Romance.
My understanding:
Individuals, who believe themselves, to be in /are in love, often utilise convoluted sentences to express themselves. Participants in some of these “relationships” proceed to a stage beyond lust where both enjoy simple companionship.

You don't need 'sparkling diamonds', luxurious things and events to make your relationship romantic because just by sitting on a train, looking at the things outside and feeling the wind makes both of you happy for it is already something special.
Same thing as above.

Love need not be so complicated.

And umop 3pisdn , you took him too seriously.

FeelBare

HSC
Idealistic? many romantic things we secretly wish for in our hearts are idealistic.. and if it's not as idealistic then I don't know how the yearn for it emerged. I wouldn't have to wish for it then, since it's very probable and 'realistic'.
Yearn is a verb, I think you mean yearning.

Anyways enough of that.

I got serenaded at my year 10 formal in front of my entire year. A year later, some people were still like "I can't believe he had the balls to do that =O!". I guess I'd give him a few brownie points for singing a song in Chinese in front of an audience where most weren't Asian haha.
On my 16th birthday, that same person built me a "beach" at Burwood, that Park in front of Westfield shopping centre (ha, I live in Sydney). Basically, he ordered 1m by 1m amount of sand and pitched up an umbrella, bought some strawberry-flavoured cheesecake and watermelon. We didn't get the chance to go to a beach because it was the beginning of winter.
I was sick and he bought me tigerbalm which I never really used <_<.
Spending time in the city after school until 8 or 9 on a school night, eating ice cream at Capitol (not such a great place for ice-cream, tiramisu was too sweet), taking pictures, walking around Darling Harbour, the Rocks...
After a 2 weeks gap where I couldn't meet up with him for reasons I can't remember I visited him at his place and his Mum and I both creeped up on him and surprised him with me? (sounds weird). He was so glad, I was so glad, but I got in so much trouble that day with my parents because I wasn't meant to be out and it took me ages to get home. (We lived 1 hour or so away from each other; a train and a bus.)

Haha, I don't remember anymore, it's been more than a year and he's with someone new and going to another uni. Life moves on but the feelings are stagnant =/. Oh well.

Last edited:

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
FeelBare said:
And umop 3pisdn , you took him too seriously.
No really he's like LOL I'M SO TRENDY AND IRONIC when he posts bullshit that doesn't make sense

but then OMG DRAMATIC READING if someone else's post isn't in Queen's English

wtf?

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Haha you fucking gronks, I understood what she was attempting to say, and Dramatic Readings are not about making fun of people who can't speak english, it is about makeing fun of stupid and/or humourus posts.

I personally found wording such as:

"enjoying the view that surpasses every possible hint of shimmer."

and

"People in "love are often blinded by the shimmer of excitement, mystery and elated masks of passion. When lovers have exceeded this liquid 'gate' of lust and proceeded into an atmosphere where both enjoy the scenery and the elegant touch of wind"

to be hilarious.

If you don't see the humour in it, go and slit your wrists.

Go and look for a girlfriend somewhere else umop 3pisdn.

Season

HSC
"People in "love are often blinded by the shimmer of excitement, mystery and elated masks of passion. When lovers have exceeded this liquid 'gate' of lust and proceeded into an atmosphere where both enjoy the scenery and the elegant touch of wind"

meh I like it, its like poetry

it sort of reminds me of ext. english class though, where people speak in essays. I seriously think that if I wrote down what some of those guys and wrote it in an exam I would get 100% easily.

The most romantic thing I have ever heard about happened to a friend's sister, the family dog died and she was really close to it and all depressed and her boyfriend organised next day at school to have all these little surprised for her because she was feeling down.

She Got
-flowers
-an album full of pictures of her and her dog (the guy sort of knew the dog was going to die)
-lollies
-tonnes of notes
etc.

He was there the whole time and at one point she was just upset and overcome so he just picked her up and carried her to a quiet spot where they were just cuddling. It was just the sweetest thing ever and just thoughtful.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
ElGronko said:
Haha you fucking gronks, I understood what she was attempting to say, and Dramatic Readings are not about making fun of people who can't speak english, it is about makeing fun of stupid and/or humourus posts.

I personally found wording such as:

"enjoying the view that surpasses every possible hint of shimmer."

and

to be hilarious.

If you don't see the humour in it, go and slit your wrists.

Go and look for a girlfriend somewhere else umop 3pisdn.

http://community.boredofstudies.org/2776995/post-56.html

hilarious = lame? Maybe this is your way of LOL-ing

or

that either of these two posts is a mockery of the other

:wave: Good morning! :) It's almost 4am

FeelBare

HSC
Very good, ElGronko.

I vaguely understood the gist of what she was saying, but that doesn't make it any less retarded.
We delivered.

Never said anything to suggest that I did not find humour in her posts.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
If I was ever with someone who wanted me to be romantic I would kick her in the cunt.

lengy

HSC
I know! It's like you're not good enough and you need to somehow impress them further? What do we get? And don't say sex cause it's not like you don't enjoy it either. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)