• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

that crazy thing called romance (1 Viewer)

JGreenwood

Jeremy
HSC
Katie123 said:
i feel like writing a big fat mushy letter right now ..see what you guys did!?!?!?!
Most romantic time i have ever had was on the ferry ride home from luna park to circular quay. wasnt long but we had the back of the boat to ourselves and just sailing through the harbour with all the lights and just cuddling.....*sigh*
thats pretteh cool.

JGreenwood

Jeremy
HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:
my boyfriend and i went to a cocktail party and we both had been drinking so we were walking home and id been wearing heels and my feet were so sore, so he piggy backed me two blocks home :)

on like...our 2 month anniversary he came and picked me up and he was all quiet and sad and i said "whats up?" and he goes "i feel so bad i didnt get you anything for our anniversary" and i said, "it doesnt matter i didnt get you anything either, plus its only 2 months so it isnt that big of a deal". and anyway we left and i live on a property, so after i closed the gate and got back into the car he said "close your eyes" and he put this box in my hand, i opened it up and it was one of the most beautiful rings i have ever seen. i was so surprised i was crying and he didnt know what to do..hehe poor thing.
for our 3 mth anniversary he gave me a matching necklace, very nice :)
would have been more romantic if you hadnt been drinking. however I would feel guilty for not getting anything for him. and isnt that a bit serious for 2 months?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
JGreenwood said:
would have been more romantic if you hadnt been drinking. however I would feel guilty for not getting anything for him. and isnt that a bit serious for 2 months?
read the darn post properly....... the drinking thing and the aniversary thing were 2 seperate events

Last edited:

tlodg

HSC
N/A
babydoll_ said:
ok lets have a positive thread... what romantic things have you done for your partner.. or has your partner done for you... or has your friend done for their partner.. things that just make you go 'aw' or realise how much you love them

or, if you're a loser like me, what are your ideas of romantic things you'd like done to you
When we were on the phone, I sang and he recorded..and he said he put it as his ring tone.. that is romantic to me. And also, that day before we got "separated", he wrote "I love you forever" on my locker and I was so touched I cried.

Romantic things that are 74% alive in my mind:

1) to your surprise, he's actually on the same plane as you.. and you can eat airplane food together, enjoy the night view outside at night, when everyone else in the cabin is sleeping. and when sunlight prevails, you fall asleep. :)

2) you play basketball with him in the rain, and at the end, you tell him "this is the happiest I've been in a long time. "

3) remember the smallest thing I've said.. such as things like "oh wow, I like it when little girls have their hair tied up on both sides.. reminds me of..blablablablabla (goes on for 35 minutes)

4) both of you take an old train together, open the window a bit and feel the fresh breeze sprung upon you...while you respond by smiling back.. enjoying the view that surpasses every possible hint of shimmer.

5) Willingness to play silly games with you, that almost nobody else your age is willing to.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
  • When I had a massive fight with my parents a couple of years ago, I ran out of the house at like midnight. My boyfriend drove half an hour to my place and talked to me in the car until two in the morning before I finally went home.
  • I usually finish work 4-5 hours later than he does, and it's usually late at night. To make sure I get home safely he waits around until I finish so he can drive me home.
  • I mentioned in passing how I really liked D&G Light Blue and two days later he walked past a perfume store, saw it in the display window, remembered it was the one I liked and bought it for me.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
One night my boyfriend was dropping me off at home from dinner and it was sprinkling. He got out of the car, pulled me into the middle of the street and started singing as we danced in the rain! Soooo cheesy, but so perfect.

I had a gastro bug (totally contagious) a lil while ago and my folks were away, so my boyfriend stayed with me all week while I ran to the toilet. Now THAT'S romance lol

He randomly buys me flowers - once he left a bunch of gerberas on my front porch early morning, so when I woke up, I found the flowers!

For my birthday he brought me a necklace and engraved something on it which was totally unexpected and totally related to a joke he and I had lol nobody else gets it.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
tlodg said:
When we were on the phone, I sang and he recorded..and he said he put it as his ring tone.. that is romantic to me. And also, that day before we got "separated", he wrote "I love you forever" on my locker and I was so touched I cried.

Romantic things that are 74% alive in my mind:

1) to your surprise, he's actually on the same plane as you.. and you can eat airplane food together, enjoy the night view outside at night, when everyone else in the cabin is sleeping. and when sunlight prevails, you fall asleep. :)

2) you play basketball with him in the rain, and at the end, you tell him "this is the happiest I've been in a long time. "

3) remember the smallest thing I've said.. such as things like "oh wow, I like it when little girls have their hair tied up on both sides.. reminds me of..blablablablabla (goes on for 35 minutes)

4) both of you take an old train together, open the window a bit and feel the fresh breeze sprung upon you...while you respond by smiling back.. enjoying the view that surpasses every possible hint of shimmer.

5) Willingness to play silly games with you, that almost nobody else your age is willing to.

What the FUCK does that even mean?

I have "bolded" the parts that make no sense to me.

Your posts never cease to bemuse me.

You are either really stupid or an incredibly sophisticated and brilliant troll.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
ElGronko said:
What the FUCK does that even mean?

I have "bolded" the parts that make no sense to me.

Your posts never cease to bemuse me.

You are either really stupid or an incredibly sophisticated and brilliant troll.
If I were really stupid then it would have been easier for you to understand me as the things of my understanding would be quite simple to comprehend. It would be 'common sense' to you wouldn't it.

But that's not to deny the idea that I am really stupid.

LOL in fact being stupid is not always bad, it sometimes makes a person worry less and enjoy the subtle happiness that survives in the extremity of loneliness.

1) if your lover surprisingly is on the same plane as you, either coincidental or through hard work (eg. he purposely bought the ticket for the same plane and wanted to surprise you), would be romantic. imagine how you can fall asleep while everyone starts waking up (when dawn arrives).. it's as if you live in another 'space' and breathe through a different time frame. despite what others are doing (wake up already, waiting for the food to arrive ..etc), you guys enjoy your warm sweet in each other's company.

3) remembers even the most seemingly trivial/meaningless things u've said and can go on talking about it for ages (thinking u'd be impressed)

for example.. "hahaha, i remember that u once told me...you like it when bean sprouts are cooked with no salt..and it reminds me of....and you know what....he/she....then.. (goes on for a long time..)"

4) simply sitting on the train with the windows opened, while u two gaze about the switching views outside...would be enuf to keep you in comfort of the warmth of love :) you wouldn't think it's boring, or feel like playing a game to keep yourself 'occupied'; just watching the scenery and feeling the wind slide along your skin would be sufficient cuz you're with him/her.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
romance is dead. I can remember trivial stuff from peoples convos cause i have a really good memory... i dont do it very often because girls tend to think iam a stalker/wierd so i pretend to fumble for names/favourite drinks or if i am taking them home, street addresses [even though i remember it exactly from like 3 years ago when you mentioned it offhand]

Romance to me is just playing to peoples emotions. Girls as being naturally more emotional are open to that sort of stuff i.e usually the best gift is something thats completely shit but she likes it cause you made it [where as i would prefer something useful or cool like new curtains that can actually make my room dark, or prisonbreak season 2 on dvd]

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I was talking about your total disdain for the English language. As well as being fucking lame and totally idealistic the phrasing is totally fucked. Read over what you wrote.

"and when sunlight prevails"

"...open the window a bit and feel the fresh breeze sprung upon you...while you respond by smiling back.."

And if that's not bad enough...

"...enjoying the view that surpasses every possible hint of shimmer."

What the FUCK does that mean?

Are you using an online translator?

tlodg

HSC
N/A
ElGronko said:
I was talking about your total disdain for the English language. As well as being fucking lame and totally idealistic the phrasing is totally fucked. Read over what you wrote.

"and when sunlight prevails"

"...open the window a bit and feel the fresh breeze sprung upon you...while you respond by smiling back.."

And if that's not bad enough...

"...enjoying the view that surpasses every possible hint of shimmer."

What the FUCK does that mean?

Are you using an online translator?
No, I did not use an online translator for this.

It's just the way I express things..and I do not aim to offend anyone.

Of course u'd think it's fucking lame
cuz I didn't even meant that as a joke.

Idealistic? many romantic things we secretly wish for in our hearts are idealistic.. and if it's not as idealistic then I don't know how the yearn for it emerged. I wouldn't have to wish for it then, since it's very probable and 'realistic'.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Just tell me what the fuck "...enjoying the view that surpasses every possible hint of shimmer" means.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
ElGronko said:
Just tell me what the fuck "...enjoying the view that surpasses every possible hint of shimmer" means.
People in "love are often blinded by the shimmer of excitement, mystery and elated masks of passion. When lovers have exceeded this liquid 'gate' of lust and proceeded into an atmosphere where both enjoy the scenery and the elegant touch of wind (or something as simple as that), it could imply that you are not fooled by the lust that is often embedded in (or overlapped with) Romance.

You don't need 'sparkling diamonds', luxurious things and events to make your relationship romantic because just by sitting on a train, looking at the things outside and feeling the wind makes both of you happy for it is already something special.

hope that's not even more confusing :)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
tlodg said:
People in "love are often blinded by the shimmer of excitement, mystery and elated masks of passion. When lovers have exceeded this liquid 'gate' of lust and proceeded into an atmosphere where both enjoy the scenery and the elegant touch of wind (or something as simple as that), it could imply that you are not fooled by the lust that is often embedded in (or overlapped with) Romance.

You don't need 'sparkling diamonds', luxurious things and events to make your relationship romantic because just by sitting on a train, looking at the things outside and feeling the wind makes both of you happy for it is already something special.

hope that's not even more confusing :)
Oh my fucking god...

is anyone else getting this?

NOLAN, PLEASE, DRAMATIC READING!

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
ElGronko said:
Oh my fucking god...

is anyone else getting this?

NOLAN, PLEASE, DRAMATIC READING!
Dude, it's not that hard.

People who believe themselves to be in love are often actually just lusting after another due to things like excitement, mystery and passion that are often present in relationships, especially early on.

When a couple (or otherwise) have reached a point such that the relationship is more than the initial passion and excitement of being with each other then they might find romance in comparatively simple things such as the example given.

Are you autistic by any chance?

It must be hard having to put everything in incredibly strict and formal English at all times.

Especially on an internet forum.

On the other hand, if you want something lame that butchers the English language you can't go past the lyrics quoted in your bos profile.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I vaguely understood the gist of what she was saying, but that doesn't make it any less retarded.

And I am getting humour and grammar lessons from someone who thinks the height of wit is saying "Psss there are too many pses".

You're a joke that is defending a joke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)