• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

that crazy thing called romance (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
ok lets have a positive thread... what romantic things have you done for your partner.. or has your partner done for you... or has your friend done for their partner.. things that just make you go 'aw' or realise how much you love them

or, if you're a loser like me, what are your ideas of romantic things you'd like done to you

Skeeta

HSC
my partner has suprised me with flowers delivered to my house for no reason at all.

Suprise trips to manly (where we met) for dinner and also to cronulla.

He's also set up dinner with candles etc.. (made microwave pasta) lol - coz he cant cook but its the thought that counts.

Stayed at my house for a week when i got my wizdom teeth out and was really sick.

Suprises me by coming over at the most random times.

Sweet little things like buying me my favourite lollies or clothes i've had my eyes on for a long time.

Awhhhh

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I was thinking things like

- Show up to your class/lecture with a guitar singing your favourite song
- show up when you least expect them
- you come home to find your room covered in rose petals and candles, your partner waiting to take you out to dinner at your favourite place
- putting notes/love letters in random places, e.g. your bag, textbooks, wallet, drawers, favourite CDs, etc where you least expect them
- gifts which are more sentimental than expensive, e.g. tickets from the movies you watched together etc
- a 'treasure map' showing places significant to you as a couple, e.g. where you first kissed, where you first met etc, with love letters/ little presents hidden at each place

I'm a dreamer :/

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
in year 10 on valentines day this girl in my classes boyfriend came to our english class in the middle of the day and serenaded her. it was quite embarrassing

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I know of a guy, who filled a girls bedroom with balloons for her birthday. I thought that was pretty romantic surprise.

HSC
my boyfriend made me an activity book because i always talk about how i used to love coloring books, etc when i was a kid. it was a little gesture but it was so sweet because he didn't just print out pictures from the net. he drew them himself.
also, he keeps a scrapbook/portfolio thing with my photos in it.
and apparently he wants to make a 3d animation with me in it.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
my exboyfriend took me out to dinner before one of my dance concerts. i actually thought it was pretty brave of him to be seen in public with me with my hair in curlers, stage makeup which some had sweated off from rehersals under stage lights, and while i was wearing black stockings with thongs, black dance skirt and leotard with school dance shirt on over the top.
we went and had pizza, it was good.
then he stayed and watched the dance concert.

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
my boyfriend cooked me dinner one night, best food ever, and then wouldnt let me clean up or anything, he bought me cute little flowers and hired all the movies i like:):) it was awesome....:):)

aimstar555

HSC
my bf, on our 1 year aniversary, took me to a french resturant in Avalon, paid for a 4-course meal, gave me his present; which was a crystal block with "love forever" engraved on it, took me up to Avalon beach and we watched the night sky and took me home. *signs dreamingly* was a lovely night. peace out :)

phantom limb

HSC
N/A
i am being taken to see the ramones movie eee. this is the most exciting thing that has happened in a long time.

*Barbie*

HSC
honestli as long as he loves me and is not afraid 2 say so that would be the best...
like ya know i can't wait till that guy comes who loves me as much as i love him...
i am realli in to the way they speak 2 you and what they say... i'd much prefer beautiful words over flowers (which r also luvli lol)
*hugs and kisses* ... oh and 2nite i met this chick at a parti who is wiser in years than me and apparentli guys nowadays dont say i love you!!!
pfff what tha??? how sad is that :(
... and no im not meanin every guy hazta say it 2 a girl but hey if they're committed 2 eachother u'd hope they love eachother and therefore arent afraid 2 say so

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i would like...to find someone first then talk about the romantic things..coz i cant imagine it with no one..in mind...

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Despite the fact that we just broke up the other day and yeah...waking up to him kissing me gently really got me attached. Just waking up with him cuddling me tightly did it for me.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
when we were just friends, i saw my ex wearing a watchband he had woven himself, it was really nice and he had spent a lot of time making it, so i complimented on it.

a week later he gave me a present. it was a casio watch, with a self-made watch band that had my name woven into it in different colours!

he often wrote me letters, we talked on the phone the whole night on new year's eve (because i was in yr 8 then and couldn't go out at night), for my birthday he gave me this globe made out of cardboard paper with millions of patterns carved into it (yeah he's really good at art, craft, that kinda stuff)

these things may sound rather trivial, but back then i was really touched by everything he did.

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
Greenwood said:
BAHAHAHA a drive to the blue mountains! how is someone gonna like that. the blue mountains is a shithole. the only nice places are like springwood and winmalee
relax greenwood......
y u putting ppl down for?
this is how they want to be treated on a romantic date......
so let them

iv dun many things for my ex.....
her 17th birthday...
rocked up outside her skool
infront of all her friends i open the boot to reveal i think 6 red roses and a teddy....
after her standing there in shock i presented her with a silver bracelet that is made in hearts.

valentines day
went to her house in the middle of the day and gave her a single red rose and told her i wasnt gonna give her anything else as i spoil her too much. when i was there i gave her mum a pinkish orange rose. at night rocked up with another teddy, 6 red roses and 1 white rose in the middle and earings. took her out to a restuarant with an ocean view and then went to an empty soccer field to look at starts

the best things about doing these things is the feelings u feel when u r organising these days.

romantic things i want done to me are the little priceless things like love letters, the girl coming to c me out of the blue and those little phone calls out of the blue with her saying i love u..... she doesnt have to do anything big.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Greenwood said:
now that tis cool. are you still with him? or did it turn out he was a homosexual?

my 'ex' can't be still with me, can he?

and why would he be a homosexual?!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
- he cooked for me... no matter how simple it was, he still cooked, and wouldn't let me do anything except watch :p so sweet.
- he stayed up til past 4am to talk on the phone with me while i was in HK
- he paid for a hotel room so we could spend the night together before he left to go to coffs harbour, and took me to dinner at this gorgeous restaurant at king street wharf (and then to city hotel for cheap drinks :p)... waking up to eachother was such a nice feeling, even though he had to rush off to work :p
- he went to gas with me when he's not particularly a fan of r&b, and when there was a huge event at sublime that same night
- all the random smses, especially one when we'd first gotten togteher, which said "you don't know how happy just seeing your face makes me feel"

and... when he said "i love you". i can't really describe how that felt.... it was the most perfect timing, even though we were in the city, it was just us two, alone for a few minutes, and i guess it was kinda unexpected. but it was perfect. <3

Last edited:

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
I put together a book for him of all different guitar tabs of songs he likes. Just because presents are great. Takeaway on the beach. Movies on a rainy day. He cant drive... ALL I WANT IS TO BE PICKED UP FOR ONCE!

Oh i forgot... Cleans and cooks for me all the time.
I was having bad nightmares so he stayed awake all night to look after me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)