• no

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Re: iss she brave?

katie_tully said:
I think she is brave. It would be easy for her to conceal her indentity. Hide under a rock.
Instead she has stepped forward, and has let everybody know that she was the victim of a gang rape. Not only was she raped, but she was raped by multiple persons, at age 14.

Hopefully she motivates other rape persons, be them male or female, to step forward and have the perpetrators persecuted.
I am brave, i am scared of spiders and killed one today all by myself. Brave is such overused lower-valued term. That brave fits anywhere, u are brave for swimmin in rough waters.

Tegan - does it matter is she is brave or not? she did the right thing. Thats all that matters.

if right thing means you have to be brave - thats where ur wrong. the right thing is the right thing full stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Lovepony

HSC
Most people think that the first thing that a rape victim will think of is going to court and knocking the shit of the fuckwits but we wouldn't know how frightening (or not) the experience is unless we're placed in the same situation. Although this is what every rape victim should do, I think it's one of the cases where the preconceived action and the result of the experience differs greatly.

I think she's brave.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

*Minka* said:
She should't have a reason to be afraid, but the fact is that she does and she should be commended for trying to bring about change in that regard.

It is like the words my dad gave me (In Serbian, but I will be a nice girl and type them in English!) after I was in hospital when I was shot - you didn't choose for it to happen, but you can choose how to deal with it,
You were SHOT?

WOW that musta hurt. I always wondered what it would feel like to get shot, ive pushed the pain barrier a few times and although i never actually want to be shot, if it did happen to me, i wouldnt consider it a total loss because atleast then you have the experience and know why guns should be banned

kimmi06

HSC

HotShot said:
maybe she likes gettin raped? who knows> some people are weird.
At the age of 14? Yes, you're right- some people are weird. But mainly disgusting people like you that make a sick joke out of such a serious situation.
Tegan had her innocence taken away from her in the most revolting way imaginable at such a young age, and no person should EVER have to go through that. I was reading on this thread about someone's sister who was too scared to even go out of the house, and I also know people that have been raped. If someone is too scared to walk out of their bedroom, imagine how frightening it would be to stand up and face the public, and state that it was YOU that had such a humiliating atrocity committed against them, in the pure hope to raise awareness and encourage others to do the same and gain some sort of justice? (if that is at all possible).
If that's not bravery people, then I don't know what the hell is.

HotShot

-_-
HSC

kimmi06 said:
At the age of 14? Yes, you're right- some people are weird. But mainly disgusting people like you that make a sick joke out of such a serious situation.
Tegan had her innocence taken away from her in the most revolting way imaginable at such a young age, and no person should EVER have to go through that. I was reading on this thread about someone's sister who was too scared to even go out of the house, and I also know people that have been raped. If someone is too scared to walk out of their bedroom, imagine how frightening it would be to stand up and face the public, and state that it was YOU that had such a humiliating atrocity committed against them, in the pure hope to raise awareness and encourage others to do the same and gain some sort of justice? (if that is at all possible).
If that's not bravery people, then I don't know what the hell is.

i am too scared of spiders and once there was spider in my room. i was too scared to go into my room. but i was courageous so i went into the room and killed the spider -I AM BRAVE.

read my other posts. i am reffering to the the topic 'is she brave' as i said before anyone can be brave!

*Minka*

HSC

Serius said:
You were SHOT?

WOW that musta hurt. I always wondered what it would feel like to get shot, ive pushed the pain barrier a few times and although i never actually want to be shot, if it did happen to me, i wouldnt consider it a total loss because atleast then you have the experience and know why guns should be banned
I have been shot on two seperate occasions and the experience has made me believe that war never ever solves anything. You know, war for peace is like fucking someone for virginity. All the wars did was ruin a lot of lives. I had a friend who got shot in her spine and was paralysed before she died in a bombing. Well with me, I don't really remember much of being shot - I just felt this horrible pain in my leg, I thought it had somehow been torn off and I scramed and then I passed out and thats all I remember.

HotShot

-_-
HSC

*Minka* said:
I have been shot on two seperate occasions and the experience has made me believe that war never ever solves anything. You know, war for peace is like fucking someone for virginity. All the wars did was ruin a lot of lives. I had a friend who got shot in her spine and was paralysed before she died in a bombing. Well with me, I don't really remember much of being shot - I just felt this horrible pain in my leg, I thought it had somehow been torn off and I scramed and then I passed out and thats all I remember.
unfortunately, a lot people dont believe that wars are useless - i am not sure why?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

so was it like a "hot" pain? or a stabbing pain/
Would you say it was the most painful thing you have ever felt? can you think of more painful things?

Lucky it was in the leg aye, could have been much worse. Wars arent really useless, but i think they are a big waste of resources and lives, we could spend that money and time making every country in the world fertile and productive and no starvation or anything, but meh

*Minka*

HSC

Serius said:
Wars arent really useless, but i think they are a big waste of resources and lives.
As someone who had her house burnt to the ground and three of her brothers, childhood best friend and my uncle all killed that is exactly why I think war is useless.

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC

Serius said:
Would you say it was the most painful thing you have ever felt? can you think of more painful things?

Lucky it was in the leg aye, could have been much worse. Wars arent really useless, but i think they are a big waste of resources and lives, we could spend that money and time making every country in the world fertile and productive and no starvation or anything, but meh
nerve pain is pretty bad, just go to a dentist and a tooth drilled without any anaesthethic - most likely you will pass out. nerve pain is pain thats unbearable. so maybe bullet in your mouth (somehow) would be really really painful especially if it was lodged in your gums or something.

kicked in the balls, - a bullet iin your balls 0 there goes your manhood. buy thats should hurt a quite bit.

i dont know where it hurts the most, its a personal thing.

kimmi06

HSC

HotShot said:
i am too scared of spiders and once there was spider in my room. i was too scared to go into my room. but i was courageous so i went into the room and killed the spider -I AM BRAVE.

read my other posts. i am reffering to the the topic 'is she brave' as i said before anyone can be brave!
Yes, I agree with you that you're brave to kill the spider and I'm not disregarding that and saying it wasn't, and I read your previous posts as well. But comparing the bravery of killing a spider with the bravery of what Tegan did, surely there must be different levels of it then?

HotShot

-_-
HSC

kimmi06 said:
Yes, I agree with you that you're brave to kill the spider and I'm not disregarding that and saying it wasn't, and I read your previous posts as well. But comparing the bravery of killing a spider with the bravery of what Tegan did, surely there must be different levels of it then?
yes, she is far better than brave,. i mean its not wrong to call her brave, but it just doesnt show enough value for whats she's done. a more apowerful word/ adjective is required.

kimmi06

HSC

HotShot said:
yes, she is far better than brave,. i mean its not wrong to call her brave, but it just doesnt show enough value for whats she's done. a more apowerful word/ adjective is required.
Finally, we agree. lol :)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

The Brucemaster said:
Huh? Non Comprende.
I wasnt trying to say wars are good or anything, but there are situations where there is no choice but war, the lesser of two evils if you will. E.g an invading army, you can either get walked all over, or fight back, its sad that war has to happen in these situations because they are a virtual sinkhole for resources and lives, but war is useful in protecting your country, politcal leverage, to get more land or access to resources etc etc, war isnt useless it is something that should be respected as sometimes being necesssary, and yet still bad.

I am sorry for your loved ones dieing and it is shit that human nature always comes down to who has the biggest fist, who has the largest following instead of deplomacy, but conflict is in our nature and until we learn to resist it then war will allways be a useful option to those in power.

ubersar-ah

HSC
i think its horrendous that some of you can joke about an issue like rape. it should not be seen lightly, and its something to take seriously. have you ever been raped? do you know of anyone thats been raped? it ruins lives. of the person it happens to, the people around them.

read tegan wagner's book. she went through hell to get where she is today. her own best friends lied to everyone, to defend the four brothers instead of her. one of them got off scot free because he used a condom. one of them only got 2.5 years jail time.

and just because the brothers are going to be in for a lot longer due to other rapes, isnt going to help her. or the other two friends they raped. read the LG HS case, just because it hasnt been all over the media doesnt mean its any less severe.

i think its ridiculous that you could find rape funny, or something to joke about. open your eyes to the world, grow up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)