Votes: 43 72.9%
  • no

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters

ladyknight

HSC
Re: iss she brave?

breaking said:
He's saying that she's a bit overweight so its *obviously* impossible to team up and gang-bang her when she's totally pissed. He's saying that they mentally or emotionally co-erced her, though she didn't know them well enough for that and they had nothing to bargain with, eg. a hostage friend.

Oh, and let's not forget the implication that although she was forced into the situation (ie. aginst her will), the situation was classified as rape because she *obviously* objected only because she felt she should and not because she didn't want to.

Is that just about all the immediate implications from your post, sam04u? I'm quite curious to see if you have any other hasty and un-empathic thoughts you'd like to share with us

HotShot

-_-
HSC

sam04u said:
Re: HotShot
You have to commend her courage... it is a hard thing to do... regardless of if she likes the associated attention...
dont think u understood, she deserves better than just to be called 'brave'. brave is just too common.

perhaps,she should be up there with Bradman, a hospital name after her, or a planet etc. Something to remember about wat she has done, because i am sure its going to be forgotten. wat she did will not be remembered if we call her just 'brave'.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC

HotShot said:
dont think u understood, she deserves better than just to be called 'brave'. brave is just too common.

perhaps,she should be up there with Bradman, a hospital name after her, or a planet etc. Something to remember about wat she has done, because i am sure its going to be forgotten. wat she did will not be remembered if we call her just 'brave'.
I don't think she'd be wanting to attract any further publicity in regards to her own safety and not to stir up any more hoopla about the whole issue. Like you'd really want ur claim to fame as being a rape victim, she prob will become an actress or singer and use it as a pedestal, such as what Tori Amos has done.

HotShot

-_-
HSC

Anti-Mathmite said:
Just like Iraqi insurgents who go to the media complaining about Americans raping their country are trying to make a buck out of it.
yes they are, because they want the americans out of their country..
its gud that you realise this, finally ur turning into a man. u were a women before.

asscookie

dork.
HSC

After my sister was raped, she was too afraid to leave the house, let alone her bedroom.

Yes, I think Tegan's pretty brave.

tempco

HSC

asscookie said:
After my sister was raped, she was too afraid to leave the house, let alone her bedroom.
Swap "the house" and "her bedroom".

And yes, she's brave.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

hmmm... I think that its good that she is standing up for herself and persuing justice, but i dont think it necessarily make her brave...All she is doing is what anyone should do after being raped.

See now this guy? http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/08/0830_040830_aronralston.html he is brave

and this bloke is just a hero http://www.distantcousin.com/military/medalofhonor/wwii/1/010.html

Brave i feel[ or atleast i feel as a male] is not just standing up to something, its doing something active to combat it, regardless of your own safety. I am not brave when i dont cry from my needle, i am brave when i step into a fight thats 1v5 knowing full well i will get my ass kicked, but not able to live with myself if i just walk away and leave someone to get hospitalised.[ive never done that by the way]

Brave isnt just a mental thing, its more like what are you trying to overcome and how are you going to do it

Generator

HSC
N/A

A problem with what you are saying, Serius, is that you seem to be suggesting that bravery can only be expressed in a physical sense. In a way, your suggestion demeans the many other forms of hardship and adversity that must be met with a degree of bravery if the person is to overcome the challenge.

HotShot

-_-
HSC

Generator said:
A problem with what you are saying, Serius, is that you seem to be suggesting that bravery can only be expressed in a physical sense. In a way, your suggestion demeans the many other forms of hardship and adversity that must be met with a degree of bravery if the person is to overcome the challenge.
hmm thats rite, but what he is trying to say, when you are supposed to to do things, then that is not considered brave.

for eg, ur not supposed to be scared of spiders and say u are. If you confront the spiders, u are often called brave, but are you really? perhaps you are, then brave is somethin that happens everday.

Serius - ur talking about heroism. So yes Tegan is not brave, rather a hero? or somethin like that

they should have rape institution named after her, something Tegan Wagner's SVU.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

Generator said:
is that really bravery though? you do what you need to survive, i think bravery is going above and beyond the call of duty, not just ignoring the fear you feel but using it to make the world a better place for others.

Tegan isnt brave for being raped, and she isnt brave for going to the police, going through trial and making sure justice is done. What she is is something of a hero for changing how people think of rape victims and helping make it easier for rape victims to persue justice, but also to lead a normal life afterwards.
And iam not saying it like hero is a higher praise, i think bravery and heroism are two seperate things.

Basically she should be admired for coming out in public and not being ashamed that she was raped[ god i hate that, when rape victims think its their fault and they hide from th rest of the world and feel all ashamed of themselves like it was their fault, because its not] For helping to change how people think of rape...instead of the usual " oh look at that poor girl, shes going to testify, isnt she brave" NO shes not brave because she should not have anything to fear.

stupid society and its wacked up beleifs

Generator

HSC
N/A
You're putting the entire notion of bravey up on a pedestal, Serius - yes, some acts are more worthy of public recognition than others and it seems that many are too often publicly praised for a brave act that is in effect only of significance to the individual in question, but that isn't to say that such personal and unrecognised acts aren't indicative of a sense of bravery.

BronwynKate

HSC
VERY brave when you look at it in these terms.

I think most kinds of bravery are valid.

Especially mental and emotional and moral bravery, all of which Tegan has shown in spades.

I hope she will encourage other girls to tell the truth about their rape and sexual abuse experiences. And guys too because a woman can rape a man just as much as a man can rape a woman. Just less reported, that's all!

BronwynKate

HSC
I'd forgotten about homosexual relationships.

Thank you for reminding me, I appreciated that.

*Minka*

HSC

She should't have a reason to be afraid, but the fact is that she does and she should be commended for trying to bring about change in that regard.

It is like the words my dad gave me (In Serbian, but I will be a nice girl and type them in English!) after I was in hospital when I was shot - you didn't choose for it to happen, but you can choose how to deal with it,

K

katie_tully

I think she is brave. It would be easy for her to conceal her indentity. Hide under a rock.
Instead she has stepped forward, and has let everybody know that she was the victim of a gang rape. Not only was she raped, but she was raped by multiple persons, at age 14.

Hopefully she motivates other rape persons, be them male or female, to step forward and have the perpetrators persecuted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)