T&d (1 Viewer)

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
hey!

of course i need help gurl!...major help!!!!

i have no idea how to start my folio..:confused:

do u know where i can hav a look at past portfolios so i get da idea!

reply asap :D thx so much

reine regina

sorry for the late reply..coz i went practise the piano..anyway..

ok..ur portfolio should contain 4 parts
1. design inspiration
2. visual concepts
3. manufacturing processes
4. investigation, experimentaion and evaluation

bascially, u just follow the syllabus and use heading and stuff ..
and then list things out so u know what u have to do..
if u are still lost with the thing...go and have a look in the syllabus...from the BOS site.....just remember dont' write over the page limit...taht's what our teacher had been telling us abt......"........

well..i saw the standard package from the BOS...but it's shit...i mean..what they included there..
first..becoz they didn't include the whole portfolio...
second....they include comments on it.but i think it doens't help me get a better understanding of what's going on..
so yeah.....i dont' really recommand u to waste time and read it...
but the main thing i found with the lower band ones...(portfolio) is that..they don't have enough information..and their support document seesm...very brief and stuff...so yeah.
make it look like professional..

anyway...what's ur major work like?

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
hey!

yeh i went thru the syllabus last nite.. but i mean like how did u start off wit urs? i went thru the syllabus and jus write notes down what i hav to do..so yeh

my major work.. is hmm..is pretty screwy atm haha.. i soo need to get the sewing done and the folio done! and we only got less than 3wks!!! :eek: :eek:

i'm gon hav a major stress out!! :(

reine regina

yeah..i guess all u have to do is went thru the syllabus and stuff..then make notes of what u have to say..

i started off ...errr....hmm.......i just followed the guideline for the portfolio..that's all....yeah..the 4 headins i was talking last night?
yeah...i did that..and stuff............................."
u will find the guidelins in the syllabus sheet....yeah...that's why our teacher gave us..

could i just ask something?...it sounds like u haven't started ur portfolio..but do u realise that....the time management progress mark that the teacher is giving us all depends on .....if u have done ur work thru out the year?
like..our teacher give us due dates of each part of the portfolio..then she mark it and tell us what we should improve in that part...does ur teacher do it as well??or is it just our school?
hmm...anyway...

my major work is ....crap!...it's a wrap-around skirt and a denim jacket...and my teacher told me my skirt 's colour combination is weird.....and i'm like....."errr..fine..."............but deep in my heart...i'm swearing ..hahahah~~...like...this is MY design..and u better shut up coz u've got no sense of fashion~...hahaha
oh well....."

dont' worry too much..still have 3 weeks to go~ i redo my whole porfolio....(like...start at ground zero)...in abt 3 days...and i got it finished...so dont' worry too much...my friend once told me that if u are stress abt it..u're going to make more mistakes.
good luck~lazychic~

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
GRRRrrr..

i'm like startin to stress rite now!.. i gotta get my sewing done as well as my folio!! :mad:

no i haven't even started on my folio!..i have to soon tho... i think i'll do a rough rough copy and show my teacher (not like she knows anything) but oh well.. and then i'll do up the real thing! hopefully i have enuff time tho.. cos bloody hell i gotta get my sewing done too..i got a english assess..and i gotta study fo my trials!! ahhhhh.... its too much.. :(

anyways fo my sewing i still got heaps too do.. and yeh.. tell u l8rz..

hey for ur design inspiration..did u jus like wrote beside ur pics explainin why this inspired u etc..?

thx fo ur help gurl!

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
hey...hmm..forgot ur name.. rueben! thats it! hehe..

u gotta teach me how to put the logo thingys on k?! i think u know what i'm talkin abt..

thx l8rz

reine regina

haha..hope that helps.~=)

abt the design inspiration..hmm..i just did my inspiration storyboard.and then explain it.
and then...write stuff abt the 3 points that need to be included in the first section.
tha'ts all.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
wat do u mean a storyboard?

so u didn't exactly write next to ur design inspirations?

well i think my prob is.. i jus dunno how to put everything together u know what i mean? like i dunno how to display the stuff in my folder.. so yeh i got like all my info and stuff cos the syllabus is good hehe..

hey u doin A4 or A3?

reine regina

a storyboard..is something where u get all ur inpiration pictures in and ...stick them in.
then u sorta write....what the picutre inspires u..and stuff...

i guess u have to get urself organise and sit down and do it..coz once u start it..it' s not that horrible....yeah yeah..."...just start doing it..then it will be all good~heheheh~
so ..good luck~~

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
thx fo da luck! i need it.. :(

but i jus ... i dunno seems like i dont hav any time u know?!
rite now i'm tryin to study fo phy6s and like i said i still got my sewing to do..and my english assess! :( anyways its alrite..i'm not gon stress!!

anyways enuff abt the MP..hmm.. i jus wanna ask u..wat theory hav u done in ur class?

reine regina

wow..i lot of theory actually
like..we did all the properties and performances ....
and then...we had this culture thing to do..
but we did the contemporary designer ourselves..like..we research it ourselves and did an assessment on that.
i guess tha'ts abt it.....can't really remember

abt the MTP, oh well..good luck!
i did it in A4 by the way.....coz i thik it's easier to do decorations and stuff...so yeah..."
plus....i got some speical glossy paper to do it..so i think it's more convinent for me...

yeah....abt the sewing bit..oh wel...
are u making a skirt or what?
tell me tell me~~

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
hey well do u hav some notes that i can hav? cos we hav done NO theory at all! :( and our trials r coming up and the exam is gon b brought from another skool! so i'm gon hav no idea.. :confused: :confused:

anyways i need to do my folio but i feel that i shud finish off ma sewing first..

my MTP is red.. its a one shoulder top and a asymmetrical skirt.. and i'm goin to put this see thru sheer material on top.. not too sure how yet.. still thinkin :eek: then aftawards i'm gon do some beading on it... and i was gon do hand embroidery but i wont hav time so mayb i'll jus do machine embroidery jus on the edges near the hem. i hav no idea how'll it go..but i hope i hav time to finish it.. and hope it looks good hehe :p

did u do beading or any decorative stuff on urs?

what skool u goto?

reine regina

lazychic, ur MTP sounds better than mine!!!!hahaha~ ~ did i tell u what's it looks like??
hmm..yeah..mine one is like...a wraparound skirt with V shape appliques and then the denim jacket, i've got some star shape fabric paint near the hem..and i've got applique around the shoulder front as well...
i didn't have much surface decoration on...i only used fabric paint and appliques to decorate it...so yeah...my garment sus! //gosh~i wanted to sew some beadings on...or sequins..but ..i seriously don't have time for it..so yeah..."too bad....it's really plain now..i hate it...gosh..."

abt the portfolio..oh well...just bear in mind abt the page limit...so yeah...."~~go go go~

abt the theory notes..i don't mind giving it to u..but then..i don't have a scanner...and i've got no idea how i could pass the notes to u!!!!~~~~
when is ur trials? maybe i can type them up for u.....(if i have time)
coz textile is like...second day in my trials timetable...
i don't know...maybe we can come up with another way...."

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
hey that would b gr8 if u can type out the notes for me or something.. if u hav time and its not too much trouble. if u r able to it'll b a gr8 help!
my trials dont start till the 19th.... so if not type.. whats another easier or alternative way? :p

hey ur MTP isn't bad! sounds good hehe..;)

reine regina

haha.....where do u usually hang around? coz my trials finish on the 16th...
so yeah..maybe i can meet u that weekend, and give u all my notes...so yeah.."

reine regina

maybe i can get my friends to scan it for me as well!!! so i can sent it to u..so u dont have to come out...~~~ yeah yeah~ that;s good!!!
but i'll have to see which friend is willing to do that.."...

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
textiles is stressin me out!! rite now i feel so screwed! my bloody MTP GRrrrr....:mad:
i dunno wat to do :( and i'm running outta time!

hey btw i dont live in syd :p so i cant meet u.... but i am goin to syd in sept but thats afta my trials haha..

reine regina

oh!!!! really?.....wow...i thought u're in Syd.....oops...

then i'll try to get my friends to scan it for me..but i'm not sure..coz everybody have their trials and stuff..".............."...i'll have to see...
i'll ask for u but i'm really not sure.."~

i'll try

can u think of a better way ?

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
i hav no idea..i'm too stressed to think rite now :( scannin would b the quickest tho.. but if ur not able too its okay..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)