• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Swine Virus (1 Viewer)

zstar

HSC
N/A
I suspect that this swine flu may have been weaponised by the New World Order to force vaccinations on people.

Many of these deadly flu viruses were created by the CIA and realeased to the public. The British government was caught trying to spread bubonic plague.

There's a certain level of fear mongering. It is also nonsense for them to be claiming that a vaccine is in the works because any vaccine would be completely useless to a rapidly mutating virus.

HSC
N/A
Five being tested for swine flu in NSW

Five people with suspected swine flu are being tested in NSW but state health authorities are confident they are well prepared to deal with any outbreak.

NSW Health could not give a breakdown of the ages or genders of the five, but said four of them live in Sydney, one on the Central Coast and a "couple" of them were children.
All have mild cases of a flu-like illness, have returned from the United States, Mexico or Canada in the past five days, and presented to either emergency departments or their local GP on Monday.
NSW chief health officer Kerry Chant said 17 people with influenza-like illnesses had initially been followed up by NSW public health units on Monday.
However, 12 had been ruled out as swine flu sufferers, while the results of tests on the remaining five would likely be known by the end of the week.
Those with suspected cases of swine flu have been told to stay at home.
Five being tested for swine flu in NSW

fleckar

HSC
five people with swine flu in NSW, five people successfully treated for swine flu in NSW, just the same in every other first world country. Mexico is a dirty place with people too poor to pay for healthcare.

HYPE HYPE HYPE.

HSC
this is why they should check EVERY SINGLE domestic animal THOROUGHLY (pig,chicken,cow etc) for any diseases BEFORE processing it...

but as for the swine flu, i think it would be under control in a month or so. when was the flu first track down, like 4 - 5 days ago? And already the top scientists out there in the world are cracking down to make a vacine and prevent it from spreading.

we're not in medieval europe where people were unaware that rats caused the plague..... today in the 21st century modern science / medicine will triumph.

Fogell

HSC
earthquake just hit outside of mexico city... mayans of by 3 years?

boris

Banned
HSC
I think you're being a little to quick to mock tessbd. The answer really depends on how this develops.

More than likely everything will be fine, swine flue will be bought under control and life will continue as normal. There is however a chance, however small, that this will become a serious worldwide outbreak. In the event that international travel is suspended it will be the least of your worries. Therefore I would continue to plan international travel as usual and generally live as normal.

Note: I will however be increasing the amount of provisions and ammunition in my apocalypse shelter/hideout. When the zombie war comes I'll be ready.
we can never be too fast to mock someone

in fact we should probably start mocking people in advance incase they say something stupid in the future

check out the zombie thread in NS

HSC
my tummy hurts, my eyes are watering, and my nose is a little sniffly. i have not left the country, nor had any contact(afaik) with anyone who has recently been overseas.

OMG I HAVE SWINE FLU.

boris

Banned
HSC
probably

dont tell anyone or they will quarantine you

boris

Banned
HSC
probably

actually you should go to a very public place and act very sick and cough everywhere

people would probably be getting close to freaking out after all the media hype

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Are you hideously overweight?

Have you lately had an urge to gorge yourself on the refuse of others?

EDIT: The fucked thing is that Spanish Flu COULD happen again and we're little better equipped to deal with it than we were 100 years ago.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Only 7 confirmed swine flu deaths: WHO

April 29, 2009 - 11:04AM

A member of the World Health Organisation (WHO) has dismissed claims that more than 150 people have died from swine flu, saying it has officially recorded only seven deaths around the world.

Reports have put the likely death toll from the virus at 152, with Mexican officials confirming 20 deaths.

The number of cases under observation in Mexico alone has reportedly reached 1,614.

But Vivienne Allan, from WHO's patient safety program, said the body had confirmed that worldwide there had been just seven deaths - all in Mexico - and 79 confirmed cases of the disease.

"Unfortunately that (150-plus deaths) is incorrect information and it does happen, but that's not information that's come from the World Health Organisation," Ms Allan told ABC Radio on Wednesday morning.

"That figure is not a figure that's come from the World Health Organisation and, I repeat, the death toll is seven and they are all from Mexico."

Ms Allan said WHO had confirmed 40 cases of swine flu in the Americas, 26 in Mexico, six in Canada, two in Spain, two in the UK and three in New Zealand.
Ms Allan said it was difficult to measure how fast the virus was spreading.

She said a real concern would be if the flu virus manifested in a country where a person had had no contact with Mexico, and authorities were watching all countries for signs of that.

"There is no pattern that has emerged at this stage to be able to say that it is spreading in a particular way or it is spreading into a particular country... the situation is continuing to evolve," she said.

She said the WHO was not recommending against overseas travel, but urged those who felt sick to stay home and others to ensure they kept their hands clean.

No decision had yet been made about vaccinations.
"This virus is not airborne, it's caused by droplets... so it's not a time for worry. It's a time to be prepared," Ms Allan said.
Only 7 confirmed swine flu deaths: WHO

Hysteria greatly exaggerated at this point. 35'000 people die from other strains of influenza annually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)