Studying over the holidays (yr 11 exams) (1 Viewer)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Jess007 said:
yr 11= no study for me
Lol I like your thinking =]
i havent done much studying these holidays... just wrote some notes because our teacher makes us write notes at the end of every topic. Gonna bludge for two weeks so I can come back fresh - that's possible for me as I only have one assignment this holiday and we don't have half yearlies at my school (well from what Im aware of).

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
selablad said:
Yup. I was very excited :)
You could've spent all that time on studying instead of making a poster. Nah kidding :). Have fun at school this week, while I'll be relaxing and playing more tennis :uhhuh:

dpospination

HSC
Re: Holiday Plans

not that i am complaining, but who changed the name of the thread? it has rought it back to life however...

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Man how can you people study so much in the holidays. :eek:
Im still burnt out from the exams in the last 2 weeks of school last term.
Its a chance to relax for me, until I have to do my chem assignment due 3 days after we come back.:(

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Shouldn't you be starting that assignment now :rolleyes:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Strangely, I seem do get a lot of work done the night before for some reason.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Almost finished all my Understanding Year 11 Maths Questions, just one chapter to go. Soon to start 3U Cambridge. Does the Cambridge 3U book cover all the 2U stuff as well? Should I just work on the Cambridge or find another 2U book to practice my 2U maths?

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
If you can do 3U Cambridge, you should be able to complete any 2U book. Easily.

selablad

HSC
Razizi said:
You could've spent all that time on studying instead of making a poster. Nah kidding :). Have fun at school this week, while I'll be relaxing and playing more tennis :uhhuh:
Darn, I should have taken this advice :( Especially in physics. I just don't have the motivation, though; light and mirrors bore me. :sleep: I can't wait for year 12, we get to design rollercoasters! yay!

and English was just weird, we were meant to be filling in some computer worksheet but I somehow ended up researching free market economies. Our teacher didn't seem to care, I don't think she was fully awake yet actually.

But yeah...stupid NSW people for having no school! grr!

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
selablad said:
Darn, I should have taken this advice :( Especially in physics. I just don't have the motivation, though; light and mirrors bore me. :sleep: I can't wait for year 12, we get to design rollercoasters! yay!

and English was just weird, we were meant to be filling in some computer worksheet but I somehow ended up researching free market economies. Our teacher didn't seem to care, I don't think she was fully awake yet actually.

But yeah...stupid NSW people for having no school! grr!
Lol yeah reflection and refraction of light is boring at times. Do you guys also get 2 weeks of holidays or just 1? If one, then bad luck :(.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't believe the BS that teachers tell you: "Assessment tasks can never be done the night before."

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
One night is long enough to do an assignment. If not, you're not working fast enough, unless its one of those 20 page assignments which require you write 2 10 page reports about some obscure topic, taking two perspectives.

selablad

HSC
Most assignments can be done in one night. You have all those hours that you would normally sleep in, and it is just a matter of managing time. You just adjust your pace to suit the fact that you have a limited amount of time...and it all magically works out. Or something.

I'm tired from having to go to school today :(

And yes, we did get two weeks of holidays. Well, state schools only got 1 (had to go back last week) but most private schools (like mine :)) got 2 weeks and went back this week. But enough holiday talk, back to the grindstone for me!

Well, sleep now. Same difference.

kezzaonline

HSC
Well I chose to take the first week off and started studying only the second week coz I only have exams 2nd week back and I usually start studying for it 2 weeks beforehand haha....

I reckon its a good idea to print out a table with all you subjects and the weeks and put in the assessment tasks etc in the regarding week and designate when you should start studying, coz then you see how much work might be cramped into it...

although this may seem nerd-ish but I found heaps of good tips on the HSC website:
http://www.hsc.csu.edu.au/study/

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
kezzaonline said:
Well I chose to take the first week off and started studying only the second week coz I only have exams 2nd week back and I usually start studying for it 2 weeks beforehand haha....

I reckon its a good idea to print out a table with all you subjects and the weeks and put in the assessment tasks etc in the regarding week and designate when you should start studying, coz then you see how much work might be cramped into it...

although this may seem nerd-ish but I found heaps of good tips on the HSC website:
http://www.hsc.csu.edu.au/study/

Lol that site :). Most of it is pretty general; you should already know about it. I like the videos in the University sites :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)