Studying for Chemistry? (1 Viewer)

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
What is the best way to study all of prelim chemistry in 4 days at the rate of 1 module per day?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't? Study for longer than one module a day? :D

Muz4PM

HSC
I really don't have much advice outside of the usual create a summary of all the keypoints and memorise that. If you have any maths, make sure you have an understanding on how to impliment it, so do some practise questions.

yer8899

HSC
1) read through the module
2) looking at the Examples in the book (if its conquering chemistry)
3) do the questions

p.s youve finished the entire prelim chem in 1 term??

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
yer8899 said:
1) read through the module
2) looking at the Examples in the book (if its conquering chemistry)
3) do the questions

p.s youve finished the entire prelim chem in 1 term??
no no, i'm going to learn it all in 4 days.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Why would you be rushing through that fast?

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Aerath said:
Don't? Study for longer than one module a day? :D
I think if i study more than one module a day, i'll end up forgetting stuff. Besides, i've finnished prelim physics in four days, so i'm trying to do the same for chem. Its all about balance. 4days physics, 4 days chem.

yer8899

HSC
i wouldnt recommend doing that.
if you study it all now, youre going to be so overwhelmed with chem that your going to forget the stuff youve already done. just revise the stuff youve already learned, so when you come back from holidays, it would be fresh in your mind.
if you were going to do study ahead, only study 1 module ahead of what your currently at.
later on in the year, when you get to module 4, study that thoroughly as a majority of that module will be continually looked at during yr 12.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
yer8899 said:
i wouldnt recommend doing that.
if you study it all now, youre going to be so overwhelmed with chem that your going to forget the stuff youve already done. just revise the stuff youve already learned, so when you come back from holidays, it would be fresh in your mind.
if you were going to do study ahead, only study 1 module ahead of what your currently at.
later on in the year, when you get to module 4, study that thoroughly as a majority of that module will be continually looked at during yr 12.
Its okay, the prelim course should be very short and easy. I can cope with it.

osamaelias

HSC
N/A
foram said:
Its okay, the prelim course should be very short and easy. I can cope with it.
Keep in mind , HSC Chemistry is not near the difficulty of the preliminary, i have looked through it , and as i recall you have to choose your topics.

And as for 4 days , you can finish it , no reason why. You can finish any subject , but 1) youll miss out alot of of info 2) Youll think youll know something ,and start having problems and confusion with others :).

My advice , do not do it. But that is for you to choose.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'd recommend just learning the topics that will be in your half yearly.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
I'm quite capable of learning the chem prelim course in 4 days. I don't think I will have much trouble understanding chemistry, and i'm not going to miss out on a lot of stuff, because I will work through the textbook page by page.

bored of sc

HSC
foram said:
I'm quite capable of learning the chem prelim course in 4 days. I don't think I will have much trouble understanding chemistry, and i'm not going to miss out on a lot of stuff, because I will work through the textbook page by page.
there is a thing people get after studying crazily for extended periods of time - its called burning out - don't fall victim to that - chill out a little :)

undalay

HSC
foram said:
If u can properly learn the prelim course in 4 days.
You can learn the HSC in 4 days.

You don't even need a headstart.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
bored of sc said:
there is a thing people get after studying crazily for extended periods of time - its called burning out - don't fall victim to that - chill out a little :)
Yeah true. Don't consume so much knowledge of all 4 modules in those 4 days. If I were you which is what I'm doing right now, I'm trying to be ONE module ahead of class in Chemistry, so when I'm in class, I find the work a breeze :).

If you're going to complete all 4 Chemistry modules in 4 days, tell us how it goes :)

Last edited:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
bored of sc said:
I'm not going to burn out. This is a lot easier than studying for music. :D. I swear music theory is 10 times harder than prelim physics. I'm so happy I don't have to learn music theory anymore. :D

selablad

HSC
It seems to me that you should just do exactly as you did for physics...just...with chemistry...since you did that in 4 days

It shouldn't be too hard if you are just aiming to get the concepts rather than doing exercises over and over again to get it perfect...if you're not studying directly for an exam, and just want to learn stuff, it's all good

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
I'm still doing a few of the excercises to make sure i know what i'm doing. :D

I shouldn't be procrastinating on BOS...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)