Study plans for the holidays? (3 Viewers)

axeltatelucas

HSC
I will probably have a break through Christmas, and then when the new year starts I'll do some work. I will probably focus on English Adv. ext 1 and ext 2. Hope to have a few drafts done through the holidays, and get a solid essay and story done for advanced for belonging. Also maybe revise ancient and modern history. I probably won't go too hard though, because they are holidays for a reason :)

ncoul

HSC
Going to Japan on exchange for the first 3 weeks, will be doing about 2 hours a night over there. When I come back, 5 hours.

English - Solid creative and essays prepared for half yearlies & Read 'Pride and Prejudice' and 'Letters to Alice'
Legal - Note all pertinent textbook sections - Crime, Human Rights, Family, World Order
Modern - Complete WW1 source notes, past papers & Begin Germany
Japanese - Consolidate vocab., grammar and kanji
Drama - Cement IP, beginning rehearsal & Complete Australian Drama and Theatre notes
Hist. Ext. - Ideally, complete the whole project, a bit ambitious, I know. Otherwise, first 2 focus questions completed in depth & Notes on 'What is history?' refined
Jap. Ext. - Notes on 'Spirited Away' and relevant grammar completed.

I understand it seems ambitious, but so is my ATAR aim.

Sunners

HSC
Uni Grad
I intend to attend the TSFX lectures and I'm also going to see some therapist who can help me improve my writing. For different subjects, I'm going to be given holiday homework that I'll do slowly over the holidays (I've got 20 hours of eco), except English where I can just watch Blade Runner and read Frankenstein quickly. But predominately I'm going to take it easy over the holidays.

DamTameNaken

HSC
English: Paper 1 Practice papers, read Frankenstein and watch Blade Runner
Chemistry: Read through textbook + highlight things (I got through the first two modules last holidays so shouldn't be too ambitious)
Physics: Same as chem
Maths/MX1/MX2: Do lots of questions

I'll aim for an hour and a half a day average, with some days spent at the library for 5 or so hours while others I won't do anything.

CaffeineMotor

HSC
1. Do my entire History Extension Major

2. Syllabus Dot points finished for ALL subjects.

3. Plenty of past papers on everything, in timed conditions as well as test conditions with shorter time to see how fast I can go.

4. Plenty of prac essays for most subjects.

5. Sleep/Eat/Sleep/Eat some more

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
My Year 12 hols, I was away for two weeks and bludged quite a bit. Mainly just did my massive English assignment I think?

And I did no work in the winter holidays right before trials :p (overseas haha)

jasonz1c

HSC
N/A
I have never personally experienced 'burn out'. How does the idea of studying hard every second day sound while relaxing hard (going out) on non-study days?

Could that still lead to burning out?

enoilgam

HSC
I have never personally experienced 'burn out'. How does the idea of studying hard every second day sound while relaxing hard (going out) on non-study days?

I think most people dont understand what is meant by the concept of "burning out". What most people have described in this thread is tiring yourself out to quickly because you have failed to pace yourself.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

One does not understand burn out till one has experienced it. I experienced it towards end of HSC, but also in another aspect of life at a younger age.

No it's not laziness or tiring yourself out too quickly.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
burning out is a myth

I never got burnt out despite studying excessively (at times)

or maybe its an individual thing
You still have a whole HSC year ahead of you mate. Lol summer holiday study, watched all 276 episodes of dragon ball z with 64 of dragon ball GT and did a chapter of maths.

Magical Kebab

HSC
burning out is a myth

I never got burnt out despite studying excessively (at times)

or maybe its an individual thing
dont speak too soon haha, i said that at the start of yr 11 and by the end of term 3, i was unmotivated as ****

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)