Study Discussion (1 Viewer)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Re: study time

I get quite similar results with both SAM and Einstein.
However I still have some doubt that I'll get a UAI like that.
Im getting the same feeling, theyre all producing pretty high UAIs...
But they have been pretty reliable in the past few years... who knows, I might be in for a treat on Dec 16th :)

dp624

HSC

I get quite similar results with both SAM and Einstein.
However I still have some doubt that I'll get a UAI like that.
well they're not totally accurate until you get your actual marks, since the school's estimation of aligned marks can be off
so who knows
gl though

Anon4Real

HSC
Realistic Study

Our school says that the top students in NSW are studying 5+ hours of study every night.
To be honest, I only do homework and re-read some things I have done during the day at school in those nights.
Friday nights and Saturdays are basically going out days/nights, and on Sundays I knock over any homework that is due, or do some assignment work (if any). Not really any study.
But come on, it is so diffucult, because I have a new girlfriend, friends wanting to do things and in some parts, I just can't be bothered.
The only motivation I have to study is when exams are approaching.

How much does everyone else study, and how do you do it?

HSC
Re: Realistic Study

I'm about the same.
i give myself friday nights off
and do about 2-3 hours homework/study a night
but its so easy to just burn out after that
so i find myself taking nights off during the week.
id be amazed if someone did 5+ hours a night and still had their sanity.

random boy

HSC
Any tips for studying when sick?

Hey sorry if this is in the wrong topic but its sunday night and im full of the flu. I have my last 2 half yearly exams on tuesday and im yet to study. (year 10 Food Tech & Commerce).

Can anyne give me tips on how to study properly when i have the flu and am not feeling well? Also any other general study tips will help =)
PS: Im still going to school tommorow regardless.

ivan chohaili

HSC
who here revises their work from school at home everyday?

hey everyone. just wondering if anyone revises their notes everyday, and if you do, how many hrs?

Wen Zhong

HSC
Re: who here revises their work from school at home everyday?

i am in year 11 and i do minimal studying, which is :spzz:.i should study more often:burn:

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Re: who here revises their work from school at home everyday?

I study at random times, some days I do less than 10 minutes, some days it can go up to 3 hours :) that's if i finish my homework ;).

:read:

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
Do you have a revise/study system?

I'm talking about just revising the work that has already been done, how do you approach it?

Is it a continual thing? e.g. summary books

Do you work through the beginning of the course for each subject making notes, flash cards etc.. over the year?

I have a really dodgy study system, I keep summary books for PD/H/PE, and biology.

But the others I tend to just randomly pick a syllabus dot point and write some crap about it and have a crack at a related question. Very unorganised.

Does anyone follow a system that organises their revision work?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Do you have a revise/study system?

I like to use a different summary book for some subjects :) but for the sciences I like to do a quick summary of the notes but concentrate on the skills all the time in a seperate book... it helps when it's time for exams! less preparation needed... *phew*

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

I have the most primitive study method - write, read, memorise.

Sometimes it works best =)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

note: never forget to eat breakfast on an exam day, its really hard to concentrate. I had an in-class english essay today, and I didnt eat any brekkie, and so there I was in the classroom, my stomach rumbling, and trying hard to write something down... :(

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

I rarely eat breakfast anyway o_O Sometimes I wish I bothered to though. I ate cocopops this morning though! ^_^

Shae92

HSC

Jellybelly59 - I think year 12 students need to do at least 25 hours of study a week. Thats like 3-4 hours per day.

brad616

HSC
Hey guys, well year 11 is finished for most of the subjects and i just wanted to know your plans and the ways you are going to study for year 12? what kinds of methods do you use? For example are you going to memorise all your science notes and english essays?
Also for the 08'ers is there life in the HSC? or does all the oxygen get sucked out of your lungs in this final year?[/QUOTE

I finished the HSC last year in 2008. I did very well as an indication high 80s to low 90s (low 90s with bonus) but yes tehre is life in the HSC. At times there is less life though and it is very full on but try to maintain a healthy balanced life style. Term 1 the stress sets in but you still have a lot of free time and then it builds. However, after the trials there will be a real down time and through out the year; with the Year 12 formal, graduation dinner, 18 year old birthday parties, etc.

Ticthach

HSC
Heya guys,

Just wondering, I'm currently doing 12 units:

Economics
French Continuers
English Advanced
Chemistry
Mathematics
Physics

Those subjects are listed in order from most favourite to leat favourite and was wondering whether I should study:
-all 6 subjects in one day (roughly 30-45 min each)
-3 subjects a day, covering all 6 in 2 days (approx. 1 hour each per subject)
-2 subjects a day, covering all 6 in 3 days (approx 90-120 minutes each per subject).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I do about 3 subjects a day. 2 hours in the morning, and 4 hours after school. 2 hours per subject. Just keep rotating subjects everyday, and on the weekend you'll be able to do more, up to 4 or 5 subjects maybe. But I prefer to study each subject for a sufficient period of time, rather than trying to study all subjects in a day, which is not practical, well, for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)