Study Discussion (1 Viewer)

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
Re: Previous people who have did the HSC

lol why write your notes when u can steal or buy someone elses?

Laika_

Banned
HSC

previous people who are bad grammar

ablle

HSC
N/A

Fucking lol at the title.

wysewise

HSC

I have *did* the HSC - last year

I found that after trials, it was very hard to persevere with writing notes (AND illogical at times). I can't stress how important it is to handwrite and summarise what you're learning in the first half of year 12. Because when trials come along, you're going to need something to cling to when you wake up and can't remember a thing.

Make sure you write notes now. If you haven't got any, you need to focus on what's important.For example, don't write notes on how to create a good short story- instead just write 2 or 3 really good stories and redraft them every week until trials. I did this with English because I was struggling from day 1. Because I put the effort in before trials and got full marks for short story, I didn't have to change a thing before the final exams.

This is the attitude you need to focus on atm. Getting the final topic covered between trials and HSC is always a huge rush, so teachers expect that you're completely competent with everything they taught you before trials (don't expect a lot of help with revision).

I know it seems too hard and not worth it, but start completing hsc papers now and use that as a guide to your notes- it's a lot more terrifying to walk into an exam and have a paper flung at you with an unfamiliar format. Even if you end up with a 20% mark now, it's 20% that you can rely on when you get stumped in trials/HSC exam.

Jeez I'm going on a bit. hehe

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A

why make notes when u can just memorize the textbook

hsc100

HSC
hey people
these are my marks for my half yearlies and i think im going to fail my uai considerig i studied like no 2morrow 4 these exams plz can anyone tell me if what im thinking is true and if i will be able to recieve more than 85 for my uai

sor-3rd-84%
maths general-3nd-61%
biology-5th-64%
english standard-3rd-77%
legal studies-4th-73%

Last edited:

Gunner4lyfe

HSC
hey people
these are my marks for my half yearlies and i think im going to fail my uai considerig i studied like no 2morrow 4 these exams plz can anyone tell me if what im thinking is true and if i will be able to recieve more than 85 for my uai

sor-3rd-84%
maths general-3nd-61%
biology-5th-64%
english standard-3rd-77%
legal studies-4th-73%
my gosh 64% and 5th
can i join your school???

please?
the paper might be hard yes but it must surely not include rocket science ..?

Gunner4lyfe

HSC
hey people

sor-3rd-84%
maths general-3nd-61%
biology-5th-64%
english standard-3rd-77%
legal studies-4th-73%
btw ur ranks are awsm

muscleman09

HSC

Your best bet would be to have ALL your notes for ALL your subjects done, within 4 weeks. As others have said, it will involve sacrifices (going out, even watching tv) and 110% commitment.

Im sort of in the same situation like the OP, but i should be good...

Every nights study, i usually try and get 2-3 hours, this time can be used for notes.
Its study, mabye spend 45-60min per subject, writing your notes.

Dont worry about typing, even though it faster, your better of writing them, ( i dont know exactly but ive read somewhere before on this site and others, you tend to be more familiar with the work your writing rather than typing).

Also, FOLLOW THE SYLLABUS DOT POINTS. Nothing more, nothing less.

Turn each subheading of the syllabus into 1 liner questions, then dot point 1 liner answers to it.

(might be hard for say economics, modern, which have greater content in each syllabus dot point) but you can work around it.

Also, wake up 1 hour earlier every morning. 1 Hour every day, in the morning, before you get dressed, shower whatever, write some notes!

28 hours over 4 weeks, at 1 hour a day... is nothing, but something :)

its not too late until trials are over. Once they are over, you are FUCKED, ANAL SCREWED, VIOLATED LIKE A WHORE, ABSOLUTELY WRECKED.

so yes, goodluck

salaam

badquinton304

HSC
I only write notes on the really complex systems in Physics and chem or on those dumb questions in the hsc that require you to memorise 6 marks worth on how some shit effects society, as if computer hard disks do not exist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)